• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto Tournament: FEB 10 *Park's House!* RESULTS!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
according to park who reported this yesterday, the new TGE venue is *ahem* small and a bit uncomfortable. not as good as the last one =\ but they have wii's and stuff, so i don't know. i haven't been there yet. still no tournaments planned, but certainly we can still meet up with ppl there when we have a free day.

park5150

Smash Ace
I'll be there tomorrow to ask the lady about stuff, so I'll let you know if she can throw a little tourney or whatever.

park5150

Smash Ace
Well, I just got back. they have little room. :ohwell: They have two rooms that they will use, and they have computers [I seen around 5] , they need Tvs and Gamecubes though. I'll bring 2 GCs and 1tv. They want a tourney though.:confused:

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i was the one who requested the tournament. haha.\
this is straight from the TGE website

"Per request, our first tournament at our new location will be Super Smash Brothers Melee! It is going to be held tomorrow, December 23rd between 1pm and 8pm. It's last minute, but it's still better than waiting for after the holidays. For this tournament we will only be able to accept 16 competitors and we would appreciate extra gamecubes for use in the tournament although we will not be able to give any discount. "

PREREGISTER NOW!! ONLY SIXTEEN PEOPLE CAN COME!

park5150

Smash Ace
Tge is so gay!!!!! Why did they MOVE!!!!!! It's all good! But, I might be able to throw a tourney at my house next week!

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
falcomist make sure you preregister.

I would go but I dont think we can all fit on the prereg list :/

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
update w/ results on first page!!!

SHOUtZoutz yOZZzZzZ

-first and foremost to a true inspiration:
SILENTSPECTRE! man thanks for coming, i hope kfc and i gave you a good time hahah. we each beat you ONCE xD, it's an accomplishment for me. you truly are silent, ROFL, **** man you were laughing when you knee'd me and my nana like 6 times... how mean. j/k dude, you are an awesome falcon, never seen anything like it before.
rofl, i am like the last guy in norcal to finally face ss's falcon -_-

- snap: yo gg's lol. thanks for the game and watch experience, i've never had any before. you are a silly guy.

- zoap: peach's chain grabs make me cry, fun low tier fights also

- falcomist: sucks about the controller :'C

- tc1: didn't get to play you that much, but "gg's lol."

- darkmike: thanks for eliminating me :'C i wanted another crack at ss

- kfc: you make me love fox dittos. fun times in the red room w/ ss, we are good when we join forces.

- meep: wtf dude your marth has gotten a million times better since last time. we didn't see enough luigi today though, haha, should've used him in the crew battle!

- sage: ah i didn't get to play you enough today either. maybe next time, keep it up w/ ur link and your falco's getting there too. they are great characters

- edy: man you should've played more friendlies!

- park: see you soon :) modesto yoshis represent! <3 man that sucks we had our first rounds on SS hahah.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
but hes the SILENT spectre. WTFFFF
he was laughing a lot lol. we've managed to break the silence.

ironically enough, KFC has discovered silentspectre's true weakness: loud noises!

make random noises and he ****s up his tech skill! frotaz, we need you!

Snap

Smash Ace
lost my ipod shuffle

it's small & white. looks like this:

please, FTA, and everyone else that was there (choknater, park, sage, eddy, falcomist, silentspectre). if you found it, please let me know. i like to think we're on good terms and i got your backs (KFC I spotted you today when you needed it!!). if you guys didnt see it then its ok. i'll try to contact the TGE people and ask them.

please let me know guys. i miss my ipod shuffle.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
thanks man
aww man ipod shuffler gone missing -_- they probably think i took it like HOW TGE thought i took an extra copy of smash.

Great playing with FTA fun matches hopefully next time i get something to eat and my controller xD cause zoap controller sucks xD YEA I KNOW BRAND NEW WHO CARES.

Thx everyone hope to play u guys again soon and meet up.

Snap

Smash Ace
lost my ipod shuffle

it's small & white. looks like this:

please, FTA, and everyone else that was there (choknater, park, sage, eddy, falcomist, silentspectre). if you found it, please let me know. i like to think we're on good terms and i got your backs (KFC I spotted you today when you needed it!!). if you guys didnt see it then its ok. i'll try to contact the TGE people and ask them.

please let me know guys. i miss my ipod shuffle.

---------

any updates?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
So yeah...I hear the new venue "Sucks *** through a straw"...>.> Truth to thine words?
lol, let's just say it's smaller than the ncb classroom. it's like... the size of a bedroom. except split into two rooms.

TGE-Pixie

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry I wasn't able to come around earlier to address your concerns.

First off let me thank you guys for giving us the benefit of the doubt and requesting a tournament. In all honesty we weren't sure how things were going to turn out ourselves. We had get those tables and tvs in there and out of there the same day and I should have had the foresight to request that the landlord open that other door so people could enter and exit from both ways.

On a similar note, yes, our new venue is small. I think Park was pretty accurate in his first report to you guys before the tournament. Unfortunately, moving had become a necessity and we took the best available location. We can't change our location, nor is renting additional space elsewhere a viable or practical option. To be honest we were going to withhold from having Smash tournaments for quite a while until we could arrange a better setup.

That said, the future of Smash tournaments at TGE is entirely up to you. Now that you know firsthand what the situation will be similar to in the future, I think you can make a fair decision based on comfort level/demand. If you want them, we will host them so feel free to let us know either way.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I'm sorry I wasn't able to come around earlier to address your concerns.

First off let me thank you guys for giving us the benefit of the doubt and requesting a tournament. In all honesty we weren't sure how things were going to turn out ourselves. We had get those tables and tvs in there and out of there the same day and I should have had the foresight to request that the landlord open that other door so people could enter and exit from both ways.

On a similar note, yes, our new venue is small. I think Park was pretty accurate in his first report to you guys before the tournament. Unfortunately, moving had become a necessity and we took the best available location. We can't change our location, nor is renting additional space elsewhere a viable or practical option. To be honest we were going to withhold from having Smash tournaments for quite a while until we could arrange a better setup.

That said, the future of Smash tournaments at TGE is entirely up to you. Now that you know firsthand what the situation will be similar to in the future, I think you can make a fair decision based on comfort level/demand. If you want them, we will host them so feel free to let us know either way.
Wow, an objective assessment of one's own ability. Gotta love that kind of honesty.

Was the 16-player limit was temporary or permanent?

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
You dont have to quote the post right above you. Especially when its 6431 lines.
:cool:

Top Bottom