• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto SSB-B/M Tournaments- Read page 176

mlkg721

Smash Cadet
We're hyped up though. We havn't played much outside comp. We've been against each other for the longest. So we're up for the challenge.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
ok, the location is set for now. it may change if we can get MJC to agree to letting us use the cafeteria, but it doesn't seem likely as we didn't give them 3 weeks notice because they weren't there to contact three weeks in advanced -_-

But for sure we have Clix Cafe, it's a great place, I enjoy it there. They have food and drinks, and computers to use in between matches. If you get tired of losing or winning at smash, you can go over to one of their 20 bad *** computers and play counter strike source, WoW or one of the other 20 games. They have really good food, and their drink are better than star bucks ever dreamed.

I hope you guy's enjoy it if we do keep it there. It's a smaller venue, max people I think will be 45, but that's plenty

Miztik

Smash Master
ok, the location is set for now. it may change if we can get MJC to agree to letting us use the cafeteria, but it doesn't seem likely as we didn't give them 3 weeks notice because they weren't there to contact three weeks in advanced -_-

But for sure we have Clix Cafe, it's a great place, I enjoy it there. They have food and drinks, and computers to use in between matches. If you get tired of losing or winning at smash, you can go over to one of their 20 bad *** computers and play counter strike source, WoW or one of the other 20 games. They have really good food, and their drink are better than star bucks ever dreamed.

I hope you guy's enjoy it if we do keep it there. It's a smaller venue, max people I think will be 45, but that's plenty
Hey man you if there is computers at the cafe you should see if he'll let you run tio of one of the computers and it sounds like an awsome place i cant wait

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow, clix cafe for sure? that's awesome man. so finally i guess we can get this tournament rolling.

lol JR sure u can help n_n lmao

meep FTA

Smash Journeyman
if jr is plannin to go, i guess that means i'll be going too. u can sign me up...but does it matter? if i didnt sign up, couldnt i still come anyways? im not sure what the list is for....hopefully we find a ride that day

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
The list is for a few reasons.

1.let people interested know who else is coming.
2.Have a general idea of what the event will be like
3. let the sponsors and I know how many supplies to have ready

I'ts a good thing

shadowcloud

Smash Apprentice
this looks like an interesting tourny, i have to check a couple things but i might be able to go with about 2-4 other people. I should know in a couple days.

Miztik

Smash Master
this tourney is starting to look like it will have a pretty good turn-out and im really looking forward to it its gunna be fun hopefully

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
yes, I think it was a good decision to have it there, and the people are really cool. The only rule about us there for now, it's pg13 language... at least while kids are there

the owner's kids hang out upstairs mostly though

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm, it says singles 8$. is there gonna be a team tournament also? there should be, but that might give us some time constraints if there are more than 40 people or so. also, are they gonna want us out of the building by 9?

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
well, most of the people in the tournament will be gone by 9, I doubt all of them would stay until 9, I think it would be ok to have people stay later if we needed to. They're having an all nighter that night anyway, so they'll be there late into the night, if we don't bother the all nighter too much, I'm sure it'll be fine, we just can't stay will hella late.

And yes, there's will be doubles, But people will be mostly interested in singles if they don't have a team already. It says on the first post there will be teams, the prize will be 1st-70% 2nd-20% 3rd-10%

I also plan to have some other things as kind of a cool down from more intense compitition, like maybe the bowser challenge or a **** match (top three against 1 person) something to lighten the mood. I'm also gonna see if it's cool to take my divx player and have Red vs Blue playing somewhere for people to rest and have something to do other than watch smash or play somethin

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well, most of the people in the tournament will be gone by 9, I doubt all of them would stay until 9, I think it would be ok to have people stay later if we needed to. They're having an all nighter that night anyway, so they'll be there late into the night, if we don't bother the all nighter too much, I'm sure it'll be fine, we just can't stay will hella late.

And yes, there's will be doubles, But people will be mostly interested in singles if they don't have a team already. It says on the first post there will be teams, the prize will be 1st-70% 2nd-20% 3rd-10%
a lot of times people are gonna stay as long as they possibly can, or until they get tired of playing friendlies or just tired in general. i say even though we can stay, you give it a curfew when you should start urging people to get going, say, 10 or 11. if the singles bracket is large, we might be staying past that.

also, if there are not enough teams, the money should just be split between first and second. 70-30 is fine. also... it's an assumption to say "people will be mostly interested in singles." xD this may be true for some, but i for one absolutely love teams and i actually play better than i do in singles if i have a good enough teammate. mick, HMW, and park are usually my best teammates.

I also plan to have some other things as kind of a cool down from more intense compitition, like maybe the bowser challenge or a **** match (top three against 1 person) something to lighten the mood. I'm also gonna see if it's cool to take my divx player and have Red vs Blue playing somewhere for people to rest and have something to do other than watch smash or play somethin
crew battle n_n

also, just a lot of time for friendlies is enough cool down time for anybody. as long as there are drinks and places to sit, a tournament is in good hands.

anyway, how are things going with gamecrazy or rent-a-center? is all the equipment and stuff confirmed?

Top Bottom