• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto SSB-B/M Tournaments- Read page 176

JQWST

Smash Rookie
Yea definately learned a lot today. My first real tournament. Showed me that i need to improve on my timing/placement and my sidestep skillz. Also taught me the valuable lesson that I should never pull an all nighter the night before a tournament, man i was tired.

Parker: No more shine combo's for you. I never played a good technical fox before hopefully I can play you again and learn how to get around that.
Envy: I wish i had played you more. The match we had in crews was fun.
Edy: never really played you but your link looks **** good.
Lumpy: I like your style, and your moves.
Richard: "man i suck at this game...hey you suck too" rofl. I like your falcon, we had some crazy matches, kind of intense.

Basically we're gonna try and have that video posted sometime tomorrow on youtube.

I had a great time. Hopefully I'll have work off for the tourney this next week. I had to call in sick for this one =P.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
JQWST? You mind getting it up on my Youtube Account? It'll get it to like 1000 views in a month. :p
I'm just that popular on Youtube.

JQWST

Smash Rookie
well ssr is the one w/ the camcorder...and his computer got all viruseded. I'm pretty sure he can get access to a computer that has firewire sometime tomorrow though. I dont mind if it goes on your account but its not my call though. =/

It's a great video though...i mostly like it because of one particular amazing move that i got lucky w/ against envy. =P

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
well ssr is the one w/ the camcorder...and his computer got all viruseded. I'm pretty sure he can get access to a computer that has firewire sometime tomorrow though. I dont mind if it goes on your account but its not my call though. =/

It's a great video though...i mostly like it because of one particular amazing move that i got lucky w/ against envy. =P
ah yes...
samus big blast, mario caped, samus powershielded back to hit mario... that was definately the highlight of that match up...

to be honest...
i'm not at all proud of my part in the crew battles...
haha i kinda didn't do good in any matches that mattered today...

i wanted to play you more. lately i've had some sick fanatical obsession with samus and i wanna start using her but i don't play enough to pick up any new characters.

is anybody from modesto gonna go to the fresno tourny next weekend?
i think i have next saturday off from work.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I'm going to make rules and everything else. You'll know by tomorrow. I'll be there for sure.

EDIT: I finished it.

As for now, because I'm just so cheap like that Singles might be 10 dollars, but doubles could still be 5 dollars each. Are we okay with that?

Location/Venue:
We are going to be at Game Crazy/Block Busters (Same building. Game Crazy in one door, Block Buster in the other door)
4952 E Kings Canyon Rd 93727
559-252-4559

CLICK HERE FOR THE MAP QUEST LINK

Equipment and set ups:
Just say something if you’re willing to bring something to set up. This list will be periodically updated.

TVs:
Jmic
Jmic
GC/Wii:
Jmic
Jmic
Cereal Rabbit
Disks/Card:
Jmic
Jmic
Cereal Rabbit
Recording Tools (eg: VCRs/Digital/Capture Card):
Envy
Cereal Rabbit
Sexy Falcon Helmet:
Jmic?
People who’re going:This list is based off of People who ask and people who were or weren't going to Modesto tournaments
Just say something if you’re willing to show up. This list will be periodically updated.
Because I'm a sexy Asian, I'll color code it.
Green is confirmed
Red is deconfirmed
Blue is "maybe"
White is no response
~ Fresno - Cereal Rabbit
~ Fresno - D4DY
~ Fresno - Envy
~ Fresno - Richard
~ Fresno - JQWST
~ Fresno - ABSO
~ Fresno - SpaZtiK
~ Fresno - SSR
~ Fresno - Slipy
~ Modesto - Park
~ Modesto - Miztik
~ Modesto - Chok
~ Modesto - Obslete Death
~ Modesto - Xilopryce
~ Modesto - Lumpy
~ Modesto - Macd (Turlock's close enough, lol)
~ Modesto - Peter
~ Modesto - William
~ Merced - Jmic
~ Merced - Juzz
~ San Ramon - Rush?
~ San Ramon - Ron / Sasori's Shadow
~ Grover Beach - Pink Reaper
~ Grover Beach - Q
~ Grover Beach - Nick
=Whoops, tell me if I got anything wrong...=

Events Itenerary:
You should be here about 11 am to 12 pm (The "*" means whenever you're coming)
9:00 am –12:00 pm Registration Time
*:** - 11:30 am Friendlies/Warm Ups/ Registering (a good three hours to early comers!)
12:00 am - Doubles
2:00 pm - Singles
Post Single pm – Crews
Post Crews – Random Event / Friendlies/ MM/ Request Matches
Leave whenever you have to go. Don’t stay the whole freaking night…

General Rules: (Credit to Plaink who I stole this from)
~4 stock
~2/3 sets
~3/5 finals
~8 minute time limit
~Items off
~Ties broken by lives, then %
~First stage agreed upon or random
~Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
~Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
~Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
~Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
~Bring your own controller
~Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
~Team Attack will be ON
~Life stealing allowed

Wobbling is banned.

~ Singles Stages on random - Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story, Pokemon Stadium.
~ Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, Onett, Princess Peach's Castle, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island, Mushroom Kingdom 1/2

~ Doubles Stages on random - Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Kongo Jungle 64 (name?), Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story, Pokemon Stadium.
~ Doubles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, Onett, Princess Peach's Castle, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island, Mushroom Kingdom 1/2, Fountain of Dreams

All other levels open for counterpicks.

SpaZtiK

Smash Cadet
Ugh, I can't believe I whiffed on the crew battles.. Too many Falcon's are intimidating.
Well, here are my Shoutouts:

XILO: Great setup on the tournament, it was fun, for sure. Looking forward to more Falcon Free-4-Alls on Mushroom Kingdom and Marth dittos.

JMIC: Ugh, played you 4 times in doubles/singles yesterday and got whooped every time. Still, thanks for reping our Fresno, yeah yeah.

PARK: Insane yoshi, I want to play him next time. lol

MIZTIK: Will you stop trying to be me?

ENVY: Mario ditto next time? lol

SLIPY: For only playing a month, too good..

LUMPY: Good friendlies, we both have a lot to learn. You Falcon is sexy, for sure.

CEREAL RABBIT: I placed pretty well for one of my first tournament tournament, but lame I didn't get to play your Kirby. Maybe this weekend? I might of missed it, but how much is singles/doubles?

EDIT: I'll be bugging SSR about getting the crew battles vids up. Lame that it ran out of tape during Park and D4dy's match, but yeah. You'll have to bare with the bottom half having a weird dark tint to it..

jmic

Smash Ace
Yesterday was a kickass tournament. 10 hours of straight smash really took a toll on me, haha.

If you guys didn't know, my weakness is Falco and Marth.

Richard - Keep practicing, your Falcon's pretty good! Suscribe to my video thread ;)

Spaztik - Sucks we played twice, but congrats on your first tourney! You almost had me that one match!

Edy - You've gotten a lot better. Your Link is beastly! I know to ban FD next time, hah.

MacD - Always a pleasure teaming with you. i swear man, you need to hit me when I'm being stubborn about a character change!

Park - It's always a learning experience when I play you! We need to play moooooore!

D4dy - You rocked me in grand finals. I need more Falco practice! No johns though, you've gotten better.

Slippy - Keep working on those Climbers and Jiggs. It's pretty good for a month's work.

XiloMike - You're one of the few people who can out handshake me.

Anthony - According to Javier, you're the troublemaker.

Lumpy - Good ****, we finally met, lol. I'll try to get a new QFO video up soon.

Fresno crew - We almost had that!

Cereal Rabbit - I'm a mother ****ing pimp for bringing 2 TVs and 2 cubes. Count on me to do the same next Saturday.

Hope y'all learned something today... NorCal mains Captain Falcon. Just go to an NCB and you'll know.

Miztik

Smash Master
Ill go to the fresno Tourney with you lumpy im not doing anything next saturday and if i can get the money which i probally can ill ride with you if you want to go??

Spaz im not trying to be you didnt you see your name was for 5th not mine lol

Man i cant get over the fact that yesterday was really fun.....I really hope some how the new clix owners will allow us to hold more tourneys there.......we got to find away cuz yesterday was awsome and its a good venue.......

Miztik

Smash Master
you still have spaztik at 5 tho oh well sorry bout that guys i probally just wrote the names down wrong or somethin my mistake

iMichael

Smash Lord
Did you guys know that Mario has his fireflower costume in Brawl =D.....thought I'd say that....Yesterday was hella fun man and the clix is a good venue.

Miztik

Smash Master
Results

Teams:

1. The Goods (D4dy + Richard)
2. T.A (Macd + Jmic)
3.Something Epic x2 (park + Miztik)
4.Yango (Spaztik + JQST)
5.The LumpyPryce (Xilo + Lumpy)
5. The Bads (Envy + Slipy)
7.NoName (Ron+Rush)
7.Team yanga (SSR+ABSO)

Singles:

1.D4dy
2.Jmic
3.Macd
4.Park
5.Spaztik
5.JQWST
7.Peter
7.Richard
9.Miztik
9.Obslete Death
9.Slpy
9.William
13.ABSO
13.Envy
13.Ron
17.Lumpy
17.Rush
19.xilopryce
heres the fixed results i made a mistake on them sorry guys

now these are correct

MacD

Banned via Administration
shout outs when i don't have a headache

sorry about rushing you guys and all, but i didn't feel liike i was rushing the matches too much, just that park and lumpy left to get lunch at the wrong time, like right when singles started, not when they finished teams, but oh well, i figure, but it isn't like i was rushing your guys matches, at least my tournies go on time ;) lol

but i do want to thank you park for drawing those brackets, that was definatley good and helpful

and, i can't go to the fresno one, i am supposed to work at like 5:30, and i have stuff at 10 so sorry

Miztik

Smash Master
but when you do rush it adds more pressure because at point we had ppl playing like 5 matches ina row just because you wanted things to hurry and finish like i member actually delaying some matches just so ppl can take a break and get refocused but its ok i guess

ok ill fix it sorry again but there was some confusion on the bracket because it did say Richard vs Park but thinking about it i did have to fix it

Miztik

Smash Master
now the results are correct no mistakes me and jmic had some confusion with the bracket but its good now he has the tio file idk when it will be up

nvm there it is lol

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
As for now, because I'm just so cheap like that Singles might be 10 dollars, but doubles could still be 5 dollars each. Are we okay with that?

PM Me if you're changing your status. Otherwise just freaking show up lol

Tell me if this is right or wrong so far. I can still add people to this list.

Green means going
Red means not going
Blue means maybe

~ Fresno - Cereal Rabbit
~ Fresno - D4DY
~ Fresno - Envy
~ Fresno - Richard
~ Fresno - JQWST
~ Fresno - ABSO
~ Fresno - SpaZtiK
~ Fresno - SSR
~ Fresno - Slipy
~ Modesto - Park
~ Modesto - Miztik
~ Modesto - Chok
~ Modesto - Obslete Death
~ Modesto - Xilopryce
~ Modesto - Lumpy
~ Modesto - Macd (Turlock's close enough, lol)
~ Modesto - Peter
~ Modesto - William
~ Merced - Jmic
~ Merced - Juzz
~ San Ramon - Rush?
~ San Ramon - Ron / Sasori's Shadow
~ Grover Beach - Pink Reaper
~ Grover Beach - Q
~ Grover Beach - Nick

iMichael

Smash Lord
I want to see the Crew Battle....lol hurry! Yo...Park should come to this if he can get a way over here....We gotta do more Yoshi vs. Mario

Bob 2 Be

Smash Cadet
yeah chris's lucky that i wasnt there, you know if i was there i would of beat chris out of the singles racket, mauahahaha j/k...on the reals, chris is got too freaking good, but honestly, to everyone who doesnt know, chris plays 8 hours a day.

but for the fresno tourney, count me in, the names Bob 2 be

jmic

Smash Ace
The most I've ever smashed in one day was like 18 hours I think. That was a long time ago.

To be honest, I play 4 times a week, averaging probably 4 hours per session. I just don't have the time anymore. In summer, I played like everyday for like 8 hours at least.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I play like every other day now so thats like 4 times a week? And about 5 hours when I practice.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol noobs i am a great smasher

i won the tournament in my heart

btw well done dady and jmic

even though i already knew the results before the tournament even happened LOL

considering the level of play at this tournament, i bet i could've beaten any of those crews with only 5 stock ^0^

MacD

but when you do rush it adds more pressure because at point we had ppl playing like 5 matches ina row just because you wanted things to hurry and finish like i member actually delaying some matches just so ppl can take a break and get refocused but its ok i guess
oh, sorry, but that wasn't completely my fault, lumpy and park delayed everything so the people they played had to play a lot of matches in a row, like the people in the losers bracket

but also, don't forget, the people in the losers semi don't really get a break, they win then play the losers final, then that winner goes on to play more

so yea, i did semi rush it, but it wasn't completely my fault, like if it was an NCB, they wouldn't care cause they are trying to get it done and so were we

The most I've ever smashed in one day was like 18 hours I think. That was a long time ago.

To be honest, I play 4 times a week, averaging probably 4 hours per session. I just don't have the time anymore. In summer, I played like everyday for like 8 hours at least.
danm, i have no one in town, but even if i did, i hella couldn't smash that much, to think how good i would be if was able to play even just chok and brandon once a week for like 3 hours

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
macd i am willing to play you and see how you compare to kim, you should come to my house some more

MacD

now for the shout outs

first off, chok, you didn't know those results, it easily could have been me in 2nd, i just didn't have my thinking cap on completely against the falcons
now for real shout outs
jmic- great teams, and now i know i can hit, so we'll be fine
park-more playing would have been great, but oh well, next time i guess, or maybe one weekend
dady- psh, just psh, to bad we didn't get our mm in, oh well, next time i guess lol
xilo- sorry i took charge but i am sure it was a nice little break for you, not worring about bracket winners or losers or anything
miztik-teams against you guess were interesting, i don't remember then too well though, i just know i dsmashed and won, lol
game & watch dude- it was cool, at first i thought g&w, easy win, but no, no it wasn't that was some hard work for me, i seriously thoguht i was going to lose at a few points
dady's partner in teams- you got caught in to many of my dsmashes, but you stopped it, and i really don't know what happend in that last match, me and jmic had control, and i smacked someone off with the tennis racquet, then all of a sudder, the end, like wtf
jmic again- told you your marth wouldn't work, but your falcon did, i don't know what happened, i had a brain lapse and forgot that falconn is good on brinstar, stupid me, stupid stupid me, one of these days, i'm gonna go down to merced and we're gonna play

i think that was everyone i played bassically except for the freindlies in the beginging which was a nice warm up from what seemed like a 20 year break, i mean my controler was seriously freezing and i couldn't warm it up, it took like 20 min for me to even get a good grip on it

iMichael

Smash Lord
btw well done dady and jmic

even though i already knew the results before the tournament even happened LOL

considering the level of play at this tournament, i bet i could've beaten any of those crews with only 5 stock ^0^
I laughed at this post because the level of play was pretty good. I couldn't get far because a Luigi was stopping me, but oh well I know I don't suck so thats that. (why do you keep dissing?)....and MacD quit double posting scrub.

Miztik

Smash Master
Andre the more and more i read your post the more i lose respect for you.....thats all i got to say

anyways YO ZOAP AND JASON WHERE ARE YOU NOW HUH????????? NO REALLY HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK BOUT THE COWBOYS BECAUSE YOU GUYS JUST LOST TO THE SAME EXACT TEAM AS THE COWBOYS OH YEA I GUESS YOU COULD SAY BRETT FARVE PULLED A TONY ROMO AND CHOKED HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Top Bottom