• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mobile Suit Gundam: The General Gundam thread. Unicorn site is up and running.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Because of this thread, I had a dream last night where I typed in "Gundam 00" into the hidden mechanical code device in the side of my mailbox so a screen would bring up an image of the "thickgeese" of the series (according to the fake gundam wiki page I saw in my dream, a "thickgeese" was any mobile suit from the series that opposed the protagonist and was larger and bulkier, using the 'geese' from Tallgeese for the name) who looked like a cross between Epyon, Tallgeese, and an Astronaut.

I thought it was cool because I saw a mobile suit from Gundam 00 that no one else in the world had seen before, but NOOOOO, it was all a dream. Thanks Darkslash.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I love Gundam. One of my favorite anime series of all time. I remember watching Wing, MSG, 08th MS Team, 0080, 0083, G Gundam, and I even watched that crappy SD Gundam show. But I really enjoyed Char's Counterattack but I was disappointed that Sayla was nowhere to be found in there. I reallly dislike Gundam SEED and all variations. 00 I haven't watched from the beginning so I'm kinda lost on it. The Gouf Custom and the Kampfer kicked all sorts of *** in their appearances.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Mostly like the UC gundam shows not much for the others.
G gundam is different all on its own.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Because of this thread, I had a dream last night where I typed in "Gundam 00" into the hidden mechanical code device in the side of my mailbox so a screen would bring up an image of the "thickgeese" of the series (according to the fake gundam wiki page I saw in my dream, a "thickgeese" was any mobile suit from the series that opposed the protagonist and was larger and bulkier, using the 'geese' from Tallgeese for the name) who looked like a cross between Epyon, Tallgeese, and an Astronaut.

I thought it was cool because I saw a mobile suit from Gundam 00 that no one else in the world had seen before, but NOOOOO, it was all a dream. Thanks Darkslash.
So which one did you see? Enact, Flag, GN-X, Throne Zwei, GN-XII, Ahead, Mr. Bushido Ahead, Masurao or Susanoo or the 0 Gundam.

Yes I think I named every major 00 antagonist suit.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Can't wait for Gundam Unicorn. A lot of people have said that the light novels were good.
Too bad no one has translated any of them yet. Guess that'll keep it fresh.

But Spring 2010 is still really far. Not to mention that it's an OVA. So if it's more than one episode long, it's going to be awhile until they're all done. Well worth the wait, I guess.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Hmm I dunno about any of this... I watched every ep of 00 and didn't really fall for any of the characters or mechs that much. The characters, meh I dunno. At least it was better than SEED. I really couldn't stand that one. They just don't feel like Gundam at all to me though.

Zeta Gundam is still tied for first place on my all time favorite shows though, so good. Yazan Gable and Hambrabi ftw

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
wow it's not coming out until spring '10.

g gundam is great. especially the stereotyping. lol

i want a shining gundam and god gundam gunpla.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Four and a half years and nobody's had anything to say about Gundam? So much has happened!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That's quite the bumb.

I miss Gundam. I'm disappointed that the series still seems to be, for the most part, stuck in limbo outside of Japan. I haven't really payed too much attention to the series lately because of this.

That said, the first season of Gundam Build Fighters was far better than it had any right to be. It was a really fun love letter to the Gundam series. Sadly, the second season isn't holding up nearly as well. Oh well, at least their stories are fairly independent from each other.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Outside of Japan, the series does have a loyal following in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, and surprisingly, Italy. Unfortunately in America everyone was introduced to Gundam by way of standalone series line Wing and Seed and just couldn't get into the entire metaseries.

Totally agree with you on Build Fighters. The first season was much better than I expected. I thought I would hate it but it ended up being incredible. But you're right, the second season isn't as good of a show.

Have you been keeping up with the other new Gundam, G no Reconguista?

CArniE

Smash Cadet
NNID
TokioCore
Anyone watching Build Fighters? It has nothing really to do with the gundam plot, but it's a pretty cool series, the fights are good and the story isn't bad.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Anyone watching Build Fighters? It has nothing really to do with the gundam plot, but it's a pretty cool series, the fights are good and the story isn't bad.
Yep. I ordered a HG Try Burning Gundam not too long ago. Should be here soon. New series is fun but I liked the original Build Fighters better.

silkys

Smash Cadet
Yoooo I love Gundam. 08th MS Team is bomb! Haven't really been watching anime a lot lately though, so I've gotten really far behind on my schedule for ZZ and G Gundam. Thinking about going to build my RG Zeta Gundam that my friend got me at a local build/meetup thing so I can get some tips on detailing. Any of you guys go to those sorts of things? If so, what's it like?

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I wish we had local build meetups in my area. I didn't even know those things existed until now. I have a ton of gunpla, but most of them are straight builds since I don't have time to do much else with them.

Top Bottom