• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG NYC '06 - April 22-23 -SIGN RELEASE FORM! EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Alright, now I just got wind of this tourney, and i need to know if there's any way there's public transportation to here. I'm coming from Queens, so I'm assuming that there should be some kind of bus from Port Authority to NJ--except that I don't know what to do from there.

If anyone would be so kind as to tell me if there's a bus/busline that goes near to where MLG is being held from Port Authority, I'd be much appreciative. If not, then I'll be content to wallow in my prison-like room, sulkily playing level 9 comps, adorned in a wife beater and drinking beer.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Was just reading the rules and I wanted to know, how does one move on from the Amature Bracket to the semipro/pro bracket. Forgive my noobness. Just need to know the heads up.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
The top 16 rated players from last season, based on MLG rank-points, are entered into the Pro tournament for the first event. There are 16 empty spots in that bracket also. So it's a 32-man bracket with 16 auto-filled spots and 16 empty spots. The top 16 players from the Amateur tournament get to compete in the Pro bracket the next day.

Over the course of the rest of the season, the top 16 players in 2006 rank points will get the auto-qualifying spots for the Pro bracket, but at event event, every player has a chance to defeat the opposition and enter the Pro bracket by getting top 16 in the Am bracket. If you're good enough and consistent, you can earn top 16 and become an auto-qualifier.

For the people that asked before, no, you don't have to pay again for the Pro event. Just once. See you guys soon.

Tink

Smash Hero
i have a question too, is there going to be seeding out of the amature bracket for the tournament? like, are we actually going to play the amature bracket till theres an actual 1st-16th? or is it gonna be like last year, where you get a certain point to get top 16 and your done playing? JW

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i also wonder what tink wonders. if the top 16 from the amature bracket play it out, would they be seeded accordingly, i.e. 1st in amature tourney plays the 16th ranked pro, 16th in amature plays the 1 seed, etc.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Who wants to house with KoreanDJ? Otherwise I'll just have to grab the latest newspaper and sleep on the street...

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Lol Dan we already have everything worked out as long as your still planning on going to Pc's on Thursday. On Friday you me Pc and Marcus are sharing a room with Eddie Tink and Bigc. I think Hayato is going to be staying at Wes's place so he could probably stay with us on Saturday or something.

Mav

Furries For The Win
I feel enlightened now. Sorry if I spelled that wrong.

See you all there.

FL representing!!!! Fear America's Wang!!!!

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
The follow players are ranked top 16 going into this event. ALL of you need to register online or else you will lose your Pro status and will be forced to play in the Amateur event.
1 - Ken - REGISTERED
2 - Chu Dat
3 - Isai
4 - Azen
5 - Husband
6 - PC Chris
7 - KillaOR
8 - NEO
9 - Oro - REGISTERED
10 - Rob$
11 - Eddie - REGISTERED
12 - Darkrain
13 - DieSuperFly
14 - Caveman
15 - Chillin
16 - KrazyJones

The following players have free entry to this event, based on their finishes at MLG's national championships:

Ken
Chu Dat
PC Chris
Isai
Rob$
Chillin
KrazyJones
Neo
Oro
Azen
Caveman
Vidjogamer
DieSuperFly
Husband
Eddie
KillaOR

If you intend to use your free entry, you don't have to pay online to register. You do, however, need to email me or catch me on AIM before Wednesday of this coming week and inform me that you plan on attending. Posting in this thread won't cut it. my email is:

jason@mlgpro.com

Register online either by paying through MLG's website or by contacting me on AIM or be prepared to play in the amateur bracket. If these Pro players fail to register online the players ranked 16th-32nd who do register online will fill their empty spots, starting with the highest ranks and working your way down until as many of the automatic top 16 spots are filled as possible. So those of you ranked Semi-Pro should definitely register online just in case.

As for teams, when you register online or use your free entry, you must inform me who your teammate is so that I can compile a list of who auto-qualifies for the Pro Teams bracket and who must play in the amateur division. This will be based on overall rank-points for 2v2. Please make sure you get registered online ASAP guys. It's really important this year.

Also, entry fees this year:
Singles - $20
Teams - $20 per team ($10 per teammate)

See you guys in about one week.

Mav

Furries For The Win
I hope to do good enough this MLG to score me one of those free spots for the next one.

MEGAMUS

Smash Rookie
I'm totally new to this forum business so I need a lot of help. I really wanna make it out to this MLG touney next week, but I live in Ontario, Canada. Anybody know what the closest Greyhound Bus station is? I need to find where I get dropped off before I can book a hotel or anything. Please, anybody who can help me out post ASAP

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
SMASHERS THAT HAVE NOT REGISTERED

4v4 Halo just closed registration since they are at max capacity with 144 4v4 teams.

Watch a bunch of 1st time smashers sign up in droves and take all the smash slots? How would you like it if SmashN00b123 took your spot Husband?

Step it up in the registration dept!

Mav

Furries For The Win
If you've never been to an MLG before, do you have to register on the website? I thought that registration on the website was only for Pro and Semi Pro players. If amatures have to register too, then I'll jet over to the website.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
We're not requiring it... YET. But we're only allowing a maximum of 128 players to enter for any event. If you don't pre-register and show up after the spots are filled, well, hope you have a nice time in NY and enjoy your flight back. Registration online is a very good idea considering the way the league is growing.

So yeah, step it up. Register online.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
576 Halo guys...not counting all the FFA guys that arn't in the 4v4s...

Add in 100+ smashers....

This is the biggest MLG ever =)

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
Can't KM be automatically placed in the Pro bracket?
I mean, I'm pretty sure no one wants to play him in the amateur bracket.
Same with M2K. get his *** outta my bracket.

Mav

Furries For The Win
M3D: I think I registered for MLG NY on MLGPro.com. But I'm not sure if I did it right. What is your AIM so I can talk to you about it?

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
What time should this tourney finish on sunday. I have to be at work sunday, MANDATORY OR I GET FIRED X_X! My supervisor understands i requested this weekend off months ago so hell schedule me late on sunday but i just need an overall estimated time that the tourney will be over.

PLEASE RESPOND TO ME ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU GUYS CAN HIT ME ON AIM @ TAZ10342 IF IM AWAY, who cares just send me the message anyway and ill read it later. THANKS

PLEASE M3D WHAT TIME SHOULD IT END ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH

- Dav3

Tink

Smash Hero
i have a question about registration. can we go up there friday and register then? also, i tried registering online, but my account keeps messin with me and i cant like login and stuff. so is there any other way to register without loggin in?

Soanevalck

Smash Ace
@tink, try recreating your password

@IK_GOST...MLG's main site has that info

you dont have to register online, you can register at the event if there are spots available

and yes, when you buy a pass, that means you're registered, if you want to check, go to the MLG forums and check the registration thread, it should have you listed there, if not, give it some time

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Ok guys... if you're having trouble registering online, please email the support address listed on the MLG website. They can sort that out for you.

Dave... tournament should be finished by about 5pm on Sunday. Hope that helps.

Tink

Smash Hero
ok, i made a new account and everything, and i bought the singles thing. i hope i didnt do something wrong or anything like that :D.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Husband: what is M3D's IM? I don't feel like I registered right, even though I did register (I thinks).

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
M3D, I don't know if you saw my post about my report on competitive gaming, but would you mind if I gave you a small interview as well? I want to get a comprehensive opinion on smash from a lot of people.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
oh **** if they put g-reg combos on television that **** would be censored

thats tight tho, i hope no one recognizes me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom