• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Mookie, You should come to my tourney in Daphne, AL. Its getting preety good attendance and we have Brawl/melee.

1000th POST!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Ragnarock
I'm thinking about it. I don't know how long I'll be into smash this go around so I can't say for sure. If I do show up, we definitely need to hit up What-A-Burger again. That was awesome.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
blah my cmputer got a virus so im on my phone. i will come to this with my friend. mookie id love some melee friednlies with ya. you too winnar and any onme else coming. ill be wearin a white nintendo shirt and probably be stoned.. so easy to piock out ! btw one of yall with a cellphomne attendin can i get youir number ? i cant look at maps of the campus and dunno where to go when i get there. i got cellular south and calls and text unlimited.
how long sign up last ? im hopin to be there around 11 30 or so hopefully so i can get some friendlies in before i get smashed [all puns intended]

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Actually it was both a Melee and Brawl tournament and the Melee portion was yesterday. Today is the Brawl tournament, and the registration is up from 11AM to 12PM.

As far as friendlies before the tournament, yesterday he didn't allow it because it would give those who played friendlies an unfair advantage against those who didn't. He did let us walk to a different building and play though. Hopefully he'll just not do that.

As far as a cell number goes, I'll try to get you Winnar's. You can call me as a last resort, but I'm going to be eating lunch with my girlfriend AND even though I graduated from MSU the campus still doesn't make sense to me by way of car. But yeah, my number is 662.372.4780

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
cool. appreciate it. thats kinda wierd w. friendlies but whatever. this just singles ? and how was the melee tourney. bout to be leavin. hope everyone set their clocks back an hour

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, my name is Justin and im the President of the club at Mississippi State and the host of this tourney. Thanks to all for coming out, and heres a youtube video of yesterday match featuring winnar and mookierah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_tpNJpl0zg. If ur coming on campus and need help, please call me at 203-218-1683. Thank You (we do Melee/Brawl each 6 weeks)

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
so i just got back home. almost left my phone there. the ride up there isnt nothin but we ended up takin a different route home and got all sorts of confused. seein how i did at this tourney and not havin played brawl in a good 2 years i think i may buy it again to practice. it still wont match melee though.
to all i played- good games. i didnt get owned as i thought i would. heres hopin ill be at the next one.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yoma - Those were some of the most fun matches I've EVER played. You definitely have to make it back up here sometime soon :D Bring Todd, too. He's pretty cool :D

Gonna try to get biweeklies going

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
yeah few years back i was d stockin todd in my sleep. now hes pretty much on par with me. least in melee. i only did good in brawl cause marth and falcon are still similiar. wish id played dk more...

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
so i just got back home. almost left my phone there. the ride up there isnt nothin but we ended up takin a different route home and got all sorts of confused. seein how i did at this tourney and not havin played brawl in a good 2 years i think i may buy it again to practice. it still wont match melee though.
to all i played- good games. i didnt get owned as i thought i would. heres hopin ill be at the next one.
Why weren't you at the melee tournament? :(

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
becuase mc donalds is rthe devils only friend .... but yeah i worked saturday. im gonna request the next one off. i hadnt played melee vs people in bout as long. im rusty as hell. but hopefully me and my friend can practice some before tourney next time. heres hopin for melee ! i worked from like 4 to 1 saturday.. almost didnt show up for brawl til i realized time went back an hour at two

Winnar

Smash Lord
becuase mc donalds is rthe devils only friend .... but yeah i worked saturday. im gonna request the next one off. i hadnt played melee vs people in bout as long. im rusty as hell. but hopefully me and my friend can practice some before tourney next time. heres hopin for melee ! i worked from like 4 to 1 saturday.. almost didnt show up for brawl til i realized time went back an hour at two
If that was you rusty then I can't wait for the next time we play!

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
so a few days ago my friends todd and his sister dad's house burned down. thankfully no one was harmed. not mch was saved but just glad no one was hurt. went to see what was left last night with them and it was still smokin. he just visted there a day or two before this happened. glad it didnt happen in middle of night with everyone there

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
happy thanksgiving everyone! hope yall had plenty to eat. im gonna smoke one or two atleast and play a few rounds of smash. need more people to play aganst. playin one person all the time gets a little old

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Hey all. Concerning the regular Smash you guys have planned at MSU, we here at Ole Miss (well, the extremely few of us who actually do Smash anymore) might, and this is a big MIGHT, be able to come in the Spring semester.

Metro Knight's been busy all of this semester and I only recently came in contact with him. He says he would like to go at least once, if not regularly. Wolfseye (has an account here but not sure if he's ever posted in this thread) very narrowly almost beat me in a tourney once but I'm not sure if he follows Smash anymore.

Anyhow, just thought I'd give a heads-up on this POSSIBILITY. =p

Winnar

Smash Lord
That's awesome :D

If any of you dudes can make it out to our Jan 8th tournament then that would be awesome, because we're getting some legit interest from memphis, AL, and LA! :D

But I'm sure there will be other big events (April 8 & 9) so just keep on the lookout here for stuff we're doing

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
BLAH, crazy **** going down over here for me. Dealing with roommate issues + the holidays. Haven't had much opportunity to practice any the past week and a half. Hopefully that will change soon.

Winnar

Smash Lord
You're going to FAP2, yeah? Who all from Tupelo is going?

I currently have one seat open in my car, for anyone interested.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I'm planning on it right now. I don't think Tony will be able to come. I talked to JC about it and he said he isn't going to it. So if I'm able to go I'll gladly take that extra seat.

j00t

Smash Champion
j00t: *yawn* damn I'm up early, better check smashboards to see if anything will lift up my spirits...
j00t: *checks smashboards, goes to Mississippi thread*

I'm planning on it right now.
j00t's face:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Haha, I think it's pretty much guaranteed at this point. My girlfriend won't like going a weekend without me, but I'll remind her that I'm off for two weeks the same time she is off so I'll make up for it.

The question is whether or not I can get away with going to Starkville early Friday and training up with Winnar and his crew to get me fully ready to get my *** kicked by AL.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah we'll probably have to leave Friday btw. The people here are pretty anal about not wanting dudes in the dorms past friday

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Leaving to Huntsville Friday works for me too. That way I can train with even more peepz when we get there, assuming that they wouldn't mind us playing smash wherever we are housed.

j00t

Smash Champion
Andy should have room, if he doesn't then maybe I could let you guys stay with me and G. Vice?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291809

MS should come. I don't know how familiar any of you are with Skrach's N.O.O.B series, but this is going to be his biggest yet. Along with the state's active player population making plans to attend(Also possible Shiz hype) we've already garnered attention from GA. This is a pure Melee event taking place in Orlando. Here's a small history on the event:

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/NOOB_Tournament_Series

Skrach is also willing to set up prize money based on the attendance. There's also the very popular Dennys after the tournament.

I'd just like to point out that the Denny's trip after NOOB1 was one of the greatest experiences ever.
This event is taking place in the middle of January so that will mean plenty of time to make travel plans. This tournament will also serve is major practice for the upcoming Pound V tournament.

To quote Skrach:

"Revel in what is Melee, good times, and knowledge gained.

GET AT FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

~2link
:rosalina:

Top Bottom