• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Burigu

Smash Ace
Maybe they didn't buffed the characters that were "bad" for many people, they nerfed characters that were on the broken side, I am sure if this doesn't balance the game more then they will buff characters like Palutena, by the way Destroyed Skyworld is amazingly remixed, already one of my favorite levels in Uprising.

Despite a comment I read earlier, I always play the Chaos Kin arc the more since it is so epic, just wonderful and I play Destroyed Skyworld a lot.

Funny that the patch is out today I expected it to be released after the currect conquest was over.

The remix did my day yesterday my 3DS battery died and now I can't play it without being charged all the time

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I dunno. Her jabs feel the same to me. I have both my American 3DS (Patch 1.0.3), and my Japanese 3DS (Patch 1.0.4) and I don't see a difference in them. They work just the same.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Palutena feels the same to me I can do the same things I was able in the past DGrab, Fair, jab repeat I didn't feel any difference

Warp cancel is still in the game and also Infinite Lightweight I am wondering if they haven't catch on that or they put it in the game on purpose...

Yoshi got buffed... just kidding

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
That jab to grab being nerfed really scared me, haha.

Yeah maybe they didn't change all the characters, just some of them. Palutena is middle ish so I think they will just sorta let the game go from here and maybe wait longer, the balance before this patch was already great.

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
K side-by-side testing versions now. Pretty sure jab-grab is exactly the same.

Disproving stuff I previously said when looking at videos:
- bthrow is exactly the same
- fsmash range is the same (or at least very similar)

Stuff other people have said:
- Dair hitbox seems exactly the same (hitbox as small as ever)
- Fsmash windbox seems exactly the same @ Burigu Burigu
- Ftilt speed / IASA seems exactly the same
- Dtilt speed / IASA seems extremely similar...perhaps barely faster IASA in 1.0.4 but I'm not at all confident in it.
Edit:
Welp, I guess I should have been more confident!

Likely placebo effect / my error but other people might want to test:
- usmash might have a slightly longer lingering hitbox (tested by setting wii fit trainer to walk on FD, resetting training mode, and then inputting usmash when wii fit trainers front foot crosses over the middle diamond).

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
K side-by-side testing versions now. Pretty sure jab-grab is exactly the same.

Disproving stuff I previously said when looking at videos:
- bthrow is exactly the same
- fsmash range is the same (or at least very similar)

Likely placebo effect / my error but other people might want to test:
- usmash might have a slightly longer lingering hitbox (tested by setting wii fit trainer to walk on FD, resetting training mode, and then inputting usmash when wii fit trainers front foot crosses over the middle diamond).
I actually just tested that. I think your right. I notice on 1.0.3 the hit frames didn't last as long as the frames in this update.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Awesome! Usmash had this lingering hitbox which was cool despite how SHORT it was, would be awesome if it lasts a little longer and puts up more of a wall like her other moves!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think the hitbox does last slightly longer, even if it's for less than half a second. I wish it did last longer though, At least it's better than nothing, though.
We also need some Palutena parties sometime.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Isn't FSmash wind box pulling enemies on ground away more now?? I have no proof or anything just notice the wind box and I am unsure if the distance is the same or not

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Dtilt was made faster? Her best tilt was made better. Funny.

Don't have 1.0.4 myself yet. Where I live the WiFi is really bad and hasn't been working on my 3DS for almost a year now. Next time I go to a place with actual good WiFi I'll be able to download it though.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Maybe they didn't buffed the characters that were "bad" for many people, they nerfed characters that were on the broken side, I am sure if this doesn't balance the game more then they will buff characters like Palutena, by the way Destroyed Skyworld is amazingly remixed, already one of my favorite levels in Uprising.

Despite a comment I read earlier, I always play the Chaos Kin arc the more since it is so epic, just wonderful and I play Destroyed Skyworld a lot.

Funny that the patch is out today I expected it to be released after the currect conquest was over.

The remix did my day yesterday my 3DS battery died and now I can't play it without being charged all the time
If you want to play I can play you now.

I feel like greninja wasn't any where near broken the only things that seemed op was hyrdogimp and SS idk how dair to ss was broke since you're cancelling an already lagful move into an even laggier one.

Btw there will be a 24 hour stream on here Friday.http://www.twitch.tv/chaos_underscore Right now there is a stream but its Mario kart. I'm sure you can join if you want. Friday you'll see some palutena play from me.

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Awesome find guys! I think this outta do it, I'm very satisfied in terms of changes. Tilts are something that could have their lag reduced without really hurting anything, and Usmash is cooler with longer lasting hitboxes, without being OP because it still has long lag.

Burigu

Smash Ace
If you want to play I can play you now.

I feel like greninja wasn't any where near broken the only things that seemed op was hyrdogimp and SS idk how dair to ss was broke since you're cancelling an already lagful move into an even laggier one.

Btw there will be a 24 hour stream on here Friday.http://www.twitch.tv/chaos_underscore Right now there is a stream but its Mario kart. I'm sure you can join if you want. Friday you'll see some palutena play from me.
Sorry I wasn't here last hour and a half, I can't play right this moment but if you want to add me PM your friend code

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Guys I don't know if it's just me but did her running up smash change?

I've done this many times, dthrow into a running up smash, I don't seem to be able to input the up smash that early or else it will do a dash attack. Maybe I'm just messing up, but I've never messed this up before until today, i missed three in a row.

Edit1: Ok nevermind it must just be the lag, been missing it a lot online

Edit2: Ok idk i think something changed, I keep missing it and doing a dash attack... =/ I can stutter step usmash like before, or do a very short dash into it, and a normal dash into it, but i can't do anything in between anymore? Maybe something in her dash changed or something?

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I really wish Palutena's SSB4 design was the one from Brawl... But beggars can't be choosers! Did anyone else want this?

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Really, why? I think that SSBB Palutena looks older and more beautiful and elegant.Well they only changed the way her hair and face looked from brawl. but her whole model and weapons are the same, right?

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Eh. I prefer the more cute-faced Palutena we have now. I always felt her face looked off in Brawl.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
DACUS was given the run around in this patch.

I made a thread to collect challengers from here. No one want. q_q

Burigu

Smash Ace
I really wish Palutena's SSB4 design was the one from Brawl... But beggars can't be choosers! Did anyone else want this?

Let me think

Brawl's ackward looking Palutena:

VS Uprising and Smash 4 Palutena:

Mmmm sorry old Palutena is no match for actual Palutena she looks younger and playful and she behaves like that, she is really elegant still, looking young doesn't equal as not being elegant, I think this version is better fitting for the character as the Big Sis type of character that she is to Pit, rather than looking like his mother.

This is opinion based but for my Brawl's Palutena's face look EXTREMELY ackward it is not about her being older it's about her face proportions. Honestly I didn't care about Palutena at the time it was until Uprising redesing that I tough "they nailed it with this young looking appearance" after playing through the game I became a great fan. Believe me this is the best design for a fun loving, elegant and intelligent goddess like her.

So long post short story, 23 year old lookings Palutena look way better than Brawl's Palutena it appears you are in the minority

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Anyone else feel like at least dash-attack and b-air are stronger?

Or that lightweight seems faster? Idk. Someone test it.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Let me think

Mmmm sorry old Palutena is no match for actual Palutena she looks younger and playful and she behaves like that, she is really elegant still, looking young doesn't equal as not being elegant, I think this version is better fitting for the character as the Big Sis type of character that she is to Pit, rather than looking like his mother.

This is opinion based but for my Brawl's Palutena's face look EXTREMELY ackward it is not about her being older it's about her face proportions. Honestly I didn't care about Palutena at the time it was until Uprising redesing that I tough "they nailed it with this young looking appearance" after playing through the game I became a great fan. Believe me this is the best design for a fun loving, elegant and intelligent goddess like her.

So long post short story, 23 year old lookings Palutena look way better than Brawl's Palutena it appears you are in the minority
The old Lady Palutena is not awkward looking!! how can you say that the the divine goddess!...But i do agree that the older one looks like she can be Pit's mother..

First, here's a better picture

compare that to this one, then you'll see the older one looks more beautiful

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
The old Lady Palutena is not awkward looking!! how can you say that the the divine goddess!...But i do agree that the older one looks like she can be Pit's mother..

In some ways she does look better, smash sort of makes all originally-anime style designs look sort of generic and dry (2nd picture), but I also prefer her looking more young, girly, more of a big sis type (and "cartoony", if you will).

Burigu

Smash Ace

mmmmmm I still stand what I said before, but you are free to like old Palutena better you can say you are special since almost everyone like the new Palutena more so you can have that, but for me and many more people it was Uprising Palutena that make her so likeable and actually gave the character personallity, tons of media and mythology are already filled with stoic looking gods, it is good to have a fictional goddess with a bit of charm and personallity for a change I simply can't picture old Palutena with that voice and that personallity at all or making puns like she does.

Brawl Palutena was like the ackward beta, in Uprising they improved her and actually make her a character with personality goals and failures Uprising gave her a soul before that she was just a generic character you have to rescue. So in design, personality and direction Uprising gave us the best Palutena and the one we are a fan of

For the record I will not continue this discussion since there is really no point we could continue with this without actually achieve anything, I have expresed my point of view and no matter what you will still believe old Palutena is better. (which is not)

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
*Sigh* I guess I kinda knew I was in the minority of thinking SSBB Palutena looks better than Uprising/SSB4 Palutena. The real reason think I like the SSBB one better is because I wanted to be her so bad in SSBB! I wish she would have joined Pit but...well, too late now!

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Let me think

I couldn't agree more. To be honest, I always knew about the Kid Icarus series before brawl, but I just never beat any of the games. I did however knew who Pit was, but had no idea who Palutena was. I later looked very dumbfounded when I found out who she was, lol. But to me, brawl Palutena never caught my eye like today's Palutena does. Even when Uprising was first announced I didn't really pay Palutena much mind, because her, and Pit's debut voices sounded awful (mainly Pit's.) But it wasn't until her new voice actress for Uprising, as well as those model updates, and her overall character got to me. That's when I started to like Palutena's character. So yeah, if it wasn't for Uprising, I probably wouldn't be here today. Not saying brawl's Palutena is bad. I'm mean, everything is fine except.........for......that face... It just looks odd. I absolutely love the more youthful/cheerful 20-ish Palutena. She just looks more lively, and there's nothing wrong with that for a Goddess.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I think palutena looked old in brawl or we can just say its her without make up and call it a day.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Guys previously when Palutena did DACUS did she get a good amount of slide (especially when charging it?)

Thankfully you can still do running upsmashes for actually ANY part of the dash, including mid dash, the input for it is just harder, you have to be really sure your Up and A inputs are simultaneous, whereas before there was some leeway (Up before A worked) so you can still cover people's trajectories after a dthrow woo!

I ask because I think I remember her getting some slide (aka like a real dacus) before, right now you still can get a tiny bit of slide if you do a upsmash after a very short dash (at the beginning of it).

I find it strange why he would remove sliding up smashes, was it posing a problem to gameplay? Wasn't it natural to slide when doing a run into upsmash in Brawl?

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Enough about how the beautiful divine goddess looks, either way she's the same person... anyway Since Kid Icarus is now Sakurai's franchise, wouldn't it have been better if it was Pit and Palutena (Dark Pit as a stage hazard or assist) and add two more reps? Like Viridi, Phosphora, Magnus, Hades, or Medusa? I mean it's his franchise and could've experimented more, you know? The roster would have been more interesting.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I would love to play as Viridi haha. Sakurai is great at making characters. Kirby, Kid Icarus, all have great characters. Hopefully there's another KI game so that he can add her in for Smash 5!

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Guys previously when Palutena did DACUS did she get a good amount of slide (especially when charging it?)

Thankfully you can still do running upsmashes for actually ANY part of the dash, including mid dash, the input for it is just harder, you have to be really sure your Up and A inputs are simultaneous, whereas before there was some leeway (Up before A worked) so you can still cover people's trajectories after a dthrow woo!

I ask because I think I remember her getting some slide (aka like a real dacus) before, right now you still can get a tiny bit of slide if you do a upsmash after a very short dash (at the beginning of it).

I find it strange why he would remove sliding up smashes, was it posing a problem to gameplay? Wasn't it natural to slide when doing a run into upsmash in Brawl?
Yeah, it's still possible. But to be honest, I actually use the C - Stick when using Palutena's Running Up Smash.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Yeah.. butI just feel Like: Pit, Palutena, and then Dark Part seems too weird.... Like they just threw him in just to get three reps instead of adding a more unique character

Top Bottom