• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

XenoEmblems

Smash Rookie
I loved and watched all the Smash 4 Invitational matches. Though I wasn't a big fan of the interview Awestin had at the end...
"Palutena is low tier trash..."
I'm pretty sure it's too soon to call that...

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
@kmpyj can you confirmed that there is easter egg conversations between the KIU cast i know its confirmed for star fox characters on coreneria try on both versions of the reset bomb stage and the usuall method is tap down on the D-pad twice
i really aprrciate if you can confirme this.

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
I was just coming to post these after watching them. You did great! But I think ypu could have
Very good sets! Thanks for posting them. Surprised you didn't counter in some of those matches where you able to shutdown some of the more projectile dependent characters a bit.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
@kmpyj can you confirmed that there is easter egg conversations between the KIU cast i know its confirmed for star fox characters on coreneria try on both versions of the reset bomb stage and the usuall method is tap down on the D-pad twice
i really aprrciate if you can confirme this.
I tried over and over, and sadly the answer is no. :( I tried with Pit, Palutena, and Dark Pit (lol Black Pit) but none of them worked. But I have a feeling that maybe we might see it on the Wii U Kid Icarus stage. I have a feeling about that one.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
I tried over and over, and sadly the answer is no. :( I tried with Pit, Palutena, and Dark Pit (lol Black Pit) but none of them worked. But I have a feeling that maybe we might see it on the Wii U Kid Icarus stage. I have a feeling about that one.
well alright thanks anyway

Burigu

Smash Ace
I just saw video 2, amazing! Wings push opponents away even if you don't touch them!, you are really good congratulations

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I loved and watched all the Smash 4 Invitational matches. Though I wasn't a big fan of the interview Awestin had at the end...
"Palutena is low tier trash..."
I'm pretty sure it's too soon to call that...
Wow, somebody's spiteful. What a rude thing to say about the character. Yeah, I agree with you, it's definitely too soon to call that. Give her a chance, guys. xD

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Wow, somebody's spiteful. What a rude thing to say about the character. Yeah, I agree with you, it's definitely too soon to call that. Give her a chance, guys. xD
I think by giving her sometime, she won't look bad as more tech is discovered for her.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think by giving her sometime, she won't look bad as more tech is discovered for her.
Yeah, I agree. I'm just kind of bothered by the language used. It's pretty disrespectful to the character and to her fans.

Fortunately, we're more enlightened and sensible than that. ;3

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Naa, i think we can pretty much judge her akready with what we have seen (movement, weight, damage, KO potential).

And im pretty sure she will be around mid tier upwards. She doesnt have foolproof finishers like for example, Ness´s backthrow, but she got mobility, range, missiles and antispam in the form of counter and barrier reflect.

IM pretty sure that in the right hands,Palutena will be good. Maybe not top tier, but good enought to compete.
She is no Zelda from Brawl/Melee for sure.

She has almost everything to compete, what i think she really lacks is a super strong easy-to-conect finisher. Chars like Robin, little Mac and DHD have all insanely power tilts and smashes which can kill pretty early.
Her main killer moves from what i have seen, Usmash,Dsmash,Fsmash and Uair all have considerable recovery lag, and Uair needs to be set up. I mean... she has to work for her kills. Theres no easy way like A ness throw for example.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Palutena is definitely no low tier trash. The only people who said that put no effort into playing as her. But Palutena isn't a God tier (pun not intended) like everyone (mainly Miiverse) originality thought she would be. Palutena takes time to get use to. I know that first hand. There is a lot of game behind Palutena.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Yup. We are on the tip of the iceberg.

And at first glance, i see potential in her definitely.
The furst time i saw and felt Brawl´s Cpt Falcon in my hands... i definitely knew he was trash tier compared to his former self.

I for sure dont have the same first impression from Palutena.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The game's just been out for like less than a week now, and ppl are caring about stupid tier lists already. This is why I hate offline elitists and tourney... well, you know the word. And I personally would smack that guy calling Palutena trash especially when he lost to her the first time. Why can't those stupid elitists just wait like 6 months or 1 year before even caring about stupid tiers? I mean I hate top tiers due to a lot of the sellouts, but it's too early to worry about it.

And don't forget there's still Palutena's custom specials that need to be used at well to show off her variety, and that idiot was basing it on just her default, which actually is looking very powerful. Just imagine how tough a speedy Palutena could be, or the even more powerful type.

For @ kmpyj kmpyj My new curiosity comes to wanting to see Pit's peace victory pose. I know it's a simple request for easy offline vs, but I just gotta see it. It's killing me.
At the same time, there's the Palutena custom special stuff you told me earlier that makes me more curious, mostly about the recovery boosts.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
He did say that he watched two matches afterwards but still it's still not enough to determine where a character is going to place. They should just wait until mostly everything is figured out for SSB4 before placing characters on a tier..

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Which again, 6 months to a year for the early stage, 2 years for general basics and after new discoveries as well as a new stage list, and then 3 years provided even more discoveries are found with potentially new stage list and rules... you get the idea. Shame they didn't ban MK in Brawl permanently... but let me stay on track.
Like I said, wait 6 months minimum. That's the best Idea atm as we discover more Palutena stuff. strategies, etc. As far as I'm concerned, she's a great character in my eyes no matter what those demon haters say.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
One question...will custom moves be allowed in competitive play? If so i'd like to use some of palutena's.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really hope so because unique customs are Palutena's thing. It wouldn't hurt to use Fireworks over Counter, or Jump Glide after all.

Burigu

Smash Ace
These kind of scenarios have always bugged me, people claiming "broken", "wrothless", the game has 3 days out officially, it is too early to call things either direction, I am sure the guy who make that comment is better than me and I am not questioning his skills, but claiming a character is trash, come on! better start claiming that after the game has sometime out and other talent players have tested the game, people don't even know for sure how the ledge mechanics work in this game, there are tons of mechanics that are being currently tested, so at least wait until the gameplay mechanics are clear, and the characters have been tested extensively to make such claims, even if you are a pro you can misjudge.

Even in if Palutena turns out to be low tier, I don't really care, I am not going to be in any super talented elite Smash tournament exe PLUS! anytime soon, as long as I enjoy and my skill is good enough to beat people, I don't care if my name isn't written with gold letters in the book of best smash players in the world (but if some how that happens I will not complain). I will keep having fun with the characters I like.

Also on another note have you released that Palutena is supposed to be in a Hot Spring at her victory picture!?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really don't care of Palutena's placement. I'm still gonna main her with Pit, and I said this even before Palutena was revealed. At this point, forget the stupid elitists, and we take our own paths. We love Palutena, and that's all that matters.

I approve of Hot Spring Palutena btw. <3 Gives me an inspiring art request idea.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
These kind of scenarios have always bugged me, people claiming "broken", "wrothless", the game has 3 days out officially, it is too early to call things either direction, I am sure the guy who make that comment is better than me and I am not questioning his skills, but claiming a character is trash, come on! better start claiming that after the game has sometime out and other talent players have tested the game, people don't even know for sure how the ledge mechanics work in this game, there are tons of mechanics that are being currently tested, so at least wait until the gameplay mechanics are clear, and the characters have been tested extensively to make such claims, even if you are a pro you can misjudge.

Even in if Palutena turns out to be low tier, I don't really care, I am not going to be in any super talented elite Smash tournament exe PLUS! anytime soon, as long as I enjoy and my skill is good enough to beat people, I don't care if my name isn't written with gold letters in the book of best smash players in the world (but if some how that happens I will not complain). I will keep having fun with the characters I like.

Also on another note have you released that Palutena is supposed to be in a Hot Spring at her victory picture!?

We shouldn't have to worry about tiers at all. What matters is the player. I bet someone could take the worst character and win a major with their skill. I see no worries about Palutena.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The most common 'tier prediction' I hear for Palutena is high, so idk what that guy was talking about calling her low tier garbage. I think she'll be competitively viable and if not I'll use her anyway idc.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210

100% agree with you. It really gets me when someone tries to rate a character based off of their first impressions. It's only been two days and a half and you already decided how good or not a character is? Man get out of here with that. I have been playing as Palutena since I got the game, and I won't lie, she is not easy to start with. That is a normal thing for any newcomer. You first have to learn their movesets, and find out what is cancelable or not. Than once you do, practice, practice, practice. Get a feel for your character. I don't care how long it takes. If you are willing to put the time in to learn your character you will be able to do something with that character. Heck, even Pichu can be dangerous in the right hands. I don't care how skillful he is, I know how skillful Palutena CAN be, and that is good enough for me. Not trying to be arrogant, cause I'm not, but whoever this guy is obviously hasn't meant me yet. It's funny, because he thinks he was being smart, but all he did was increased my competitive fire for Palutena.

BTW, love that hot spring picture!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Agreed with gusto. I like the way you think my friend. ^_^

Also I get the feeling there's a reason Luigi and Captain Fabulous are present. I just can't quite figure out what it is. ;P

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Brinstar's hot spring is just fine and dandy to her.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
0_0 What!!!!!????? It was just up like 5 seconds ago. Ok, brb *grabs 3DS*
I must see more "regular" Pit and Palutena goodness. ;-; It's the least that can be done as we wait for more data.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ kmpyj kmpyj He's adorable, but I can't help but feel weird about him not smiling. It fact, it still looks like he's angry or something (poor angel, I wanted to see him be happy again). Oh well, at least I got to see it, and thanks. >_<

I feel like there has to be some KI related secrets in Palutena's Temple in the Wii U. It just feels weird a lot, let alone no codecs. My current missions now are for Pit's custom specials, and just more overall footage of him and Palutena. Kind to think of it, I don't think I've seen anyone do 2v2 team victories. We need some Pit + Palutena team victories together, or something.

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
My bad guys. I fizzled out towards the end. If I had won, he wouldn't have said that. Regardless, Dakpo is actually a nice person, I guess he just said that out of... I don't even know. lol

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
@ AeroLink_the_SoulMaster AeroLink_the_SoulMaster , wait a minute. When I was watching one of the matches you had, I notice you used teleport to the edge of one of the battlefield platforms, and you some how where capable of air dodging after the teleport. So then, I grab my 3DS, and tested that as well. And you probably know this, but I just learned that both Palutena, and Zelda have a teleporting edge cancel. That if you time it correctly, you can attack right after the teleport, and (in your case) air dodge. Man I tell you, the more and more I keep playing as Palutena, the more and more I am loving her.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm loving the Palutena data and footage like I mentioned before. I'm hoping we get to see her style using different customs sometime. <3

Top Bottom