• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'll add in that I've mentioned I'm a supporter before. And I hope her alt costumes are based on other characters, though I don't know that I'll use them much. Palutena's default outfit is more or less the kind of color scheme I go for, I typically use default Pit as well.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Hm, the Pale Tuna is my second most wanted character, can't remember if I already posted here though.... -shrugs- Anyhow, hoping she's playable.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I've noticed something. Remember this PotD? https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADbUgNpdQCiEQ
It's interesting that Sakurai made note of KI:U's inclusion as a download title. No other game got a mention of such a little detail. So thereby going off of that, we might see something out of the ordinary for KI:U's anniversary. If you catch my drift. ;)

andimidna

Smash Master
Of course, it all depends on whether or not newcomers will only be revealed during Nintendo Directs.
Sakurai is always surprising us be doing something we thought was against a rule he set for himself.

I feel somewhat confident one night he'll post a dissapointing filler, and mid-day, boom. Character trailer.

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
Having a newcomer confirmed on a random update certainly isn't impossible since Sakurai never said they will only be revealed in Directs. And we all know the man loves to destroy everyone's expectations.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Having a newcomer confirmed on a random update certainly isn't impossible since Sakurai never said they will only be revealed in Directs. And we all know the man loves to destroy everyone's expectations.
It's just that we don't know for certain if it's only going to be during Nintendo Directs, considering every newcomer revealed so far were tied to a Nintendo Direct of some sort.

So far we don't any examples where we had a newcomer revealed outside of a Nintendo Direct, so naturally we should assume at the moment that it's only going to be for Nintendo Directs unless proven otherwise.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
For a Global Nintendo Direct, Palutena certainly has the credentials to hype a majority of Nintendo fans. :p
I can't really see Palutena not being revealed without a direct. For newcomers Sakurai knows won't get as much hype, characters like Sable or Alph should fit that reveal without a direct.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
For a Global Nintendo Direct, Palutena certainly has the credentials to hype a majority of Nintendo fans. :p
I can't really see Palutena not being revealed without a direct. For newcomers Sakurai knows won't get as much hype, characters like Sable or Alph should fit that reveal without a direct.
Lady Palutena will definitely get the Direct treatment. After all, Sakurai is the reason Palutena is where she is now~

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
It's just that we don't know for certain if it's only going to be during Nintendo Directs, considering every newcomer revealed so far were tied to a Nintendo Direct of some sort.

So far we don't any examples where we had a newcomer revealed outside of a Nintendo Direct, so naturally we should assume at the moment that it's only going to be for Nintendo Directs unless proven otherwise.
Well, I personally don't think a newcomer reveal on a random update is likely in any way, but I'm just saying it isn't impossible. But yeah, ND's are our best bets for newcomers.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It could be green month. Assume a ND is announced later this month. They could talk bout the new Yoshi game, and THEN Palutena appears after. I can imagine it now.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Don't get your hopes up! Almost a month ago everyone was sure of K. Rool or Dixie, and we got something completely different. It's better to not expect anything and be surprised than to live a life of disappointment

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I had some compilations of Palutena miiverse posts but I can't find the usb disk I saved them to :(. Next time i'll just save it to my desktop like I did for this one.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Huh... That bottom-left miiverse drawing kinda reminds me of classic Phantasy Star. Looks a bit like Alis from the first game.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of movesets in this thread use the Mirror Shield for her downward Special, but they usually just have it as a new version of Pit's old Mirror Shield. I personally think it would be neat if it had some crazy-cool mechanic like firing another projectile upon a successful reflection or being able to walk while holding up the shield.

Any thoughts? Or is that just too cuh-raaaaazy?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Huh... That bottom-left miiverse drawing kinda reminds me of classic Phantasy Star. Looks a bit like Alis from the first game.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of movesets in this thread use the Mirror Shield for her downward Special, but they usually just have it as a new version of Pit's old Mirror Shield. I personally think it would be neat if it had some crazy-cool mechanic like firing another projectile upon a successful reflection or being able to walk while holding up the shield.

Any thoughts? Or is that just too cuh-raaaaazy?
I'm thinking of a cross between Link's shield and Pit's Mirror Shield. She'll be holding it, and if standing still there's a chance certain projectiles will reflect off it (won't work from behind of course). Could be a bit broken though.

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I'm thinking of a cross between Link's shield and Pit's Mirror Shield. She'll be holding it, and if standing still there's a chance certain projectiles will reflect off it (won't work from behind of course). Could be a bit broken though.
That's an interesting idea, although it wouldn't really work if the leak turns out to be true. Her idle pose doesn't really match up with an auto-shield mechanic.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
She could use a lot of defense for sure. I just feel the shield in a crouching Link fashion wouldn't cover much of her body considering her height, unless she used her powers to enlarge its effects while doing so. But then it would be broken.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I really hope Palutena has these memorable grabs she used in kid Icarus before.

Front throw: Grabs the character by thier ear saying "oh how cute you look" and slaps them.

Up throw: Palutena picks up and throws her opponent up into the air saying "you must be punished". She then uses one leg(like ganondorfs up smash) and kicks the falling opponent in the gut.

Down throw: She trips them with her staff and they fall flat on thier back and she puts one heel on thier chest squishing them saying "you gotta try harder then that sweety".

Back throw: Grabs the opponent by thier legs(similar to Mario) spins them and throws them saying "leave the fighting to a goddess".

Her grab is she has them in a cage. Her pummel is her shaking the cage and Palutena giggles happily everytime she uses a pummel.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
I really hope Palutena has these memorable grabs she used in kid Icarus before.

Front throw: Grabs the character by thier ear saying "oh how cute you look" and slaps them.

Up throw: Palutena picks up and throws her opponent up into the air saying "you must be punished". She then uses one leg(like ganondorfs up smash) and kicks the falling opponent in the gut.

Down throw: She trips them with her staff and they fall flat on thier back and she puts one heel on thier chest squishing them saying "you gotta try harder then that sweety".

Back throw: Grabs the opponent by thier legs(similar to Mario) spins them and throws them saying "leave the fighting to a goddess".

Her grab is she has them in a cage. Her pummel is her shaking the cage and Palutena giggles happily everytime she uses a pummel.
-----
That would be nice jejejje :p

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I've been able to do wolf and some others before, but whenever I would try palutena it was just genuinely hard, since she has so much bling and her face is so realistic.

It's always possible I'm just not good at drawing people.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Can I be like an Admin for the Army of Light? I'm not as huge of a supporter as Admiral (no one is...) but I'm still a really big supporter of her, and is my only truly wanted newcomer. Like a third-in-command.

I don't know why, but I really feel like an April Direct would be a good time to reveal her. I think she's coming next, or maybe at E3. All I know is that she is most likely in. And I can not wait.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Can I be like an Admin for the Army of Light? I'm not as huge of a supporter as Admiral (no one is...) but I'm still a really big supporter of her, and is my only truly wanted newcomer. Like a third-in-command.

I don't know why, but I really feel like an April Direct would be a good time to reveal her. I think she's coming next, or maybe at E3. All I know is that she is most likely in. And I can not wait.
This be difficult sonnie - I made Admiral that mostly in joke(ful) manner because he's such a fan. Also Hinata has been helping a lot with archiving but at the end I dunno if to start putting all kinds of roles around here when we aren't really pushing up any projects.

This might give me some ideas though.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
This be difficult sonnie - I made Admiral that mostly in joke(ful) manner because he's such a fan. Also Hinata has been helping a lot with archiving but at the end I dunno if to start putting all kinds of roles around here when we aren't really pushing up any projects.

This might give me some ideas though.
I'm still holding out for Wingman. ;)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I noticed we don't have any taunt quotes for her. What quotes would be best for her?

"My X-Ray specs allow me to see your ignorance."

Second time I've posted this. Awww, yeah.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I personally hope that whatever she says in whatever situation won't just be a bunch of recycled lines from Uprising. For that reason, it annoys me when Wolf says almost anything in Brawl. Although it would help if the lines they chose at least made sense in their new context.

Really Wolf? You'll be the one to take me down? Because you already just did. Me and two other people, actually. Come to think of it, which of us are you even talking to?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
A lot of posts to like around here!

Also, considering her Mirror Shield, what if Sakurai went MAXIMUM TROLLING mode and had it as an F-smash, complete with reflection properties (and it sends projectiles back twice as quickly as well). I always wanted to see some shield bashing.

Top Bottom