• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Yo guys! If a Smash Ultimate invitation really was waiting at the end of that Party Crash tournament I'm gonna be sooooo happy!!! All that grinding I did during those matches for Min Min would've been worth it! Plus, if I'm not mistaken, she is the Arms producer Kosuke Yabuki favorite character. That's potential inside influence to help convince Sakurai to select her.

ALSO, wouldn't be rad during the June Direct if we got to see a CGI movie of the Party Crash Bash from last year played out with our Ramen Girl coming out on top over Ninjara (and Twintelle) at the end. I'm hopeful and excited here! Let's go, Min Min!!!
wow i just dropped by this social for the first time and wow this aged well.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I saw different polls on someone's YouTube channel where they asked if this DLC character was worth it and literally everyone voted yes more for every DLC character except for Min Min. Why some people don't like Min Min? I think she's incredibly unique designed character with a very unique moveset that no one else in the roster has. I never played Arms, but I fell in love with Min Min as a character after she got in Smash. It makes me interested in checking out Arms now.

Staarih

Smash Master
So I saw different polls on someone's YouTube channel where they asked if this DLC character was worth it and literally everyone voted yes more for every DLC character except for Min Min. Why some people don't like Min Min? I think she's incredibly unique designed character with a very unique moveset that no one else in the roster has. I never played Arms, but I fell in love with Min Min as a character after she got in Smash. It makes me interested in checking out Arms now.
From what I've gathered, the hate towards her comes mostly from the competitive crowd which may have have bled to the more casual crowd as well. Min Min is annoying to fight against it appears (= she is too good), and especially Japan (as they've been able to host some offline tournaments) has noticed this. Brings back Bayonetta Smash 4 vibes, though I don't think Min Min is that broken.

I don't think the character itself is hated, just some petty trash talk in specific circles (online) as she's difficult to fight against. Much like with Bayo in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hey, has anyone else discovered this neat little Min Min tactic (even though I'm not likely to be the first to come up with this tactic, I did discover it on my own)? Where you have both ARMS set to Dragon, hold both the A and B buttons simultaneously for a Smash attack, then release both buttons, and then press them both again? It's great for getting both Dragons to fire laser blasts, and can also be done in mid-air through a similar method (just keep tapping both A and B). BD

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Shame, I would have liked to see this..... :crying:

This sucks... Maybe Nintendo decided they'd just rather put the story of ARMS in the ARMS games themselves? As almost all of the lore of the original game was supplementary, which isn't super common for modern games...

I know ARMS 2 speculation has been big post-Min-Min's reveal, and while I'm not sure if Yabuki would be working on an ARMS sequel or on a Mario Kart 9 at this point, it does seem like something they could be planning for at least?

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious what Min Min's role would be in a future ARMS game (or ARMS anything) at this point. Will she become the new face/mascot as a result of Smash boosting her profile? Or will Spring Man retain that honor?

Also, bummer to hear about the comic series falling apart. Something must've went way wrong, or a huge change of direction took place, as that comic is nearly three years overdue now.

amageish

Smash Master
I'm curious what Min Min's role would be in a future ARMS game (or ARMS anything) at this point. Will she become the new face/mascot as a result of Smash boosting her profile? Or will Spring Man retain that honor?

Also, bummer to hear about the comic series falling apart. Something must've went way wrong, or a huge change of direction took place, as that comic is nearly three years overdue now.
I think we discussed this earlier, but I don't think Min Min can be the default ARMS character just because... she doesn't play like a standard ARMS character plays. Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are the entry-level characters and I don't see that changing (barring pulling a Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot by introducing a new Spring person and giving the original Spring Man a new kit).

She probably will be the new champion in-universe though, possibly taking Max Brass' role as a boss, assuming they keep the championship approach to single-player.

For the comic book, as it's seemingly been finished already... I'm guessing they changed direction for canon and something about the comic ended up non-complaint?

Also, random prediction-ish: If we do get a Mario Kart 9 and they don't stop the crossovers, then I predict Mechanica will be in it... because she seems like she'd enjoy a go-kart race and it shares a dev team....

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the last time, Yabuki considers EVERYONE in ARMS to be its main character. Except Biff, because someone is needed for announcing the matches.

As for the comic, I guess that Udon didn't see any worth taking a risk on an IP that hadn't been in vogue anymore and shifted focus/resources on their other projects. That Shantae artbook is way overdue, since that was announced years ago and only recently finally got what might be the release date.

amageish

Smash Master
For the last time, Yabuki considers EVERYONE in ARMS to be its main character. Except Biff, because someone is needed for announcing the matches.
Yes, to be clear, when I said I think Spring Man and Ribbon Girl have to remain defaults, I mean that they (or similar characters) have to remain the people who your cursor hovers over by default on the CSS. They are the vanilla-flavored members of the roster, even if everyone is the main character of their own story.

Trending on Twitter again.

View attachment 307657

Min Min Day
Just, uh, don't look up why she started trending lol. 😅

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It honestly hurts to see so many people willing to cut Min Min because I think she's such a damn cool character, and ARMS has a lot of potential to be something truly great if a sequel ever comes to fruition.
Not to mention that Yabuki seeing everyone as a main character would make it way easier for fans to ask for an ARMS fighter they'd want to see next in Smash, on the long run (although none would come before Ninjara, of course :sakuraipower:).

In the meantime, while I already do own a physical copy of the game, I might purchase the digital version before playing it, to support the cause.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Not to mention that Yabuki seeing everyone as a main character would make it way easier for fans to ask for an ARMS fighter they'd want to see next in Smash, on the long run (although none would come before Ninjara, of course :sakuraipower:).
I think the people wanting Min Min cut didn't want an ARMS character, period. They're usually the kind of people who assume every first party is a wasted slot shillpick that should've gone to Crash Bandicoot. unfortunately for them two more "wasted slots" are coming

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
It honestly hurts to see so many people willing to cut Min Min because I think she's such a damn cool character, and ARMS has a lot of potential to be something truly great if a sequel ever comes to fruition.
It's a weird/pointless conversation to have, as we have no idea what a next Smash Bros would be like anyway...

ARMS is kind of in a weird position among Nintendo fans, as people really dunked on it for not being as successful as Splatoon, but also Splatoon has done in 2 games what many franchises haven't done in dozens, with just slightly under 20 million units shipped. If we compared all games to Splatoon's launch, then a vast majority of them would be failures...

This puts ARMS in this weird situation where people are both calling it a shill marketing pick and saying that it wasn't relevant enough to merit including. "Yay."

I imagine things will become more positive for it over time though - partly because of the potential of a good sequel and partly because video game fandoms are kind of notorious for cycles of "X is overrated" -> "X is trash" -> "X is underrated" -> "X is good" -> "X is overrated" lol.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It's a weird/pointless conversation to have, as we have no idea what a next Smash Bros would be like anyway...

ARMS is kind of in a weird position among Nintendo fans, as people really dunked on it for not being as successful as Splatoon, but also Splatoon has done in 2 games what many franchises haven't done in dozens, with just slightly under 20 million units shipped. If we compared all games to Splatoon's launch, then a vast majority of them would be failures...

This puts ARMS in this weird situation where people are both calling it a shill marketing pick and saying that it wasn't relevant enough to merit including. "Yay."

I imagine things will become more positive for it over time though - partly because of the potential of a good sequel and partly because video game fandoms are kind of notorious for cycles of "X is overrated" -> "X is trash" -> "X is underrated" -> "X is good" -> "X is overrated" lol.
I suppose most fighting games don't really hit their stride until their second titles at least.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
THAT is what I keep trying to tell people! But no, they constantly assume that it'll be some weird-arse remake of the first game, even though Sak has been known to find some way to surpass himself and we'd keep getting newcomers anyway. Focus on the present, not the future.

At least I'm young and healthy enough to see how much the series develops from here, given that we most likely won't know of the next game until sometime after the next major Nintendo console is announced/released in the next five years or so.

I think the people wanting Min Min cut didn't want an ARMS character, period. They're usually the kind of people who assume every first party is a wasted slot shillpick that should've gone to Crash Bandicoot. unfortunately for them two more "wasted slots" are coming
Honestly, it's a mad libs kind of statement.

They're usually the kind of people who assume every first party is a wasted slot shillpick that should've gone to insert obscure fighter/speculation flavor of the month here
Regardless who is coming, there's always people that'll be unhappy that their pick doesn't make it in until further notice in favor of someone else, not considering the fact that the character getting in their place would have had a hard time getting fan support at all otherwise. And people will always disbelieve me about datamines leading to anything unless it happens, but that's besides the point.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
THAT is what I keep trying to tell people! But no, they constantly assume that it'll be some weird-arse remake of the first game, even though Sak has been known to find some way to surpass himself and we'd keep getting newcomers anyway. Focus on the present, not the future.

At least I'm young and healthy enough to see how much the series develops from here, given that we most likely won't know of the next game until sometime after the next major Nintendo console is announced/released in the next five years or so.
The idea of reworking the original 12 to account for new powers that aren't really represented in their current kits is a neat one, but yeah... I don't they're going back like that lol. A lot of discussion seems to forget that most Smash players just want to play a fun party game with their friends featuring recognizable video game characters; I don't think they're likely to cut half the roster to focus on single-player or remove 8-player Smash for more tether characters or a lot of the "cutting core features" discussion I've seen. Biggest concern is licensing all the third-parties, but we don't know what state the industry will be when the next game comes out so that's hard to predict too...

And, yeah, people will be angrier at these final 2 just because they are assumedly the final 2...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The idea of reworking the original 12 to account for new powers that aren't really represented in their current kits is a neat one, but yeah... I don't they're going back like that lol. A lot of discussion seems to forget that most Smash players just want to play a fun party game with their friends featuring recognizable video game characters; I don't think they're likely to cut half the roster to focus on single-player or remove 8-player Smash for more tether characters or a lot of the "cutting core features" discussion I've seen. Biggest concern is licensing all the third-parties, but we don't know what state the industry will be when the next game comes out so that's hard to predict too...

And, yeah, people will be angrier at these final 2 just because they are assumedly the final 2...
It's projection, really. What they would do in Sakurai's position.

The rework supposrters also tend to tunnel-vision only cramming as many references as possible into one character, ignoring that it's probably more efficient to spread across different characters or areas, like having Rosalina cover the Galaxy parts of Mario or including the Super Leaf and Boomerang as items from the 3D Land/World series. Or that some mechanics, no matter how current and iconic they may be, are simply untenable for a fighting game, like Odyssey's capturing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I mean, Sak had to point out once again that Smash is at its core a fun party game, during Terry's stream.

Waiting for possible vindication is balls sometimes, you know? It's no wonder why I completely stop paying attention to SmashBoards shortly after a Smash game is released or stops getting support. At the end of the day, I simply look forward to what will be done for newcomers and single player next time (while leaving out the ideas that don't work out too well, like tripping and Smash Tour).

It's projection, really. What they would do in Sakurai's position.

The rework supposrters also tend to tunnel-vision only cramming as many references as possible into one character, ignoring that it's probably more efficient to spread across different characters or areas, like having Rosalina cover the Galaxy parts of Mario or including the Super Leaf and Boomerang as items from the 3D Land/World series. Or that some mechanics, no matter how current and iconic they may be, are simply untenable for a fighting game, like Odyssey's capturing.
On the latter, I could honestly see Cappy just being used as a way to grab enemies, to set up throws. Nothing more complicated than that.

In regards to Odyssey stuff, I just want to have Mario get some more of his outfits as alts for the next Smash, since there would presumably be more dev time for that sort of thing by then.

Those people would be better off tossing their suggestions at the Super Smash Flash 2 staff.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, it is kind of unfair to compare characters that are one small part of their franchise's reputation to the newer third parties who are often squishing their entire franchise's mechanics into one character and one stage... Oh well; it's an interesting enough thought experiment, at least.

I mean, Sak had to point out once again that Smash is at its core a fun party game, during Terry's stream.

Waiting for possible vindication is balls sometimes, you know? It's no wonder why I completely stop paying attention to SmashBoards shortly after a Smash game is released or stops getting support. At the end of the day, I simply look forward to what will be done for newcomers and single player next time (while leaving out the ideas that don't work out too well, like tripping and Smash Tour).
Yeah... We'll see what happens, I suppose!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Min Min, as she would look in the 1930s style. Semi-literal dragon lady, compared to the archetypes one would see at the time.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I hope so. Min Min is cooler than Spring Man and I would like to see her as the mascot instead.

I think we discussed this earlier, but I don't think Min Min can be the default ARMS character just because... she doesn't play like a standard ARMS character plays. Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are the entry-level characters and I don't see that changing (barring pulling a Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot by introducing a new Spring person and giving the original Spring Man a new kit).

She probably will be the new champion in-universe though, possibly taking Max Brass' role as a boss, assuming they keep the championship approach to single-player.

For the comic book, as it's seemingly been finished already... I'm guessing they changed direction for canon and something about the comic ended up non-complaint?

Also, random prediction-ish: If we do get a Mario Kart 9 and they don't stop the crossovers, then I predict Mechanica will be in it... because she seems like she'd enjoy a go-kart race and it shares a dev team....
I would be acceptable with that. Min Min deserves to be the default champion.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think it means much in the grand scheme of things, seeing as being the "mascot" is so interchangeable in ARMS that it would simply mean whoever gets to be on the box the most. Everyone is equally important in Yabuki's eyes.

In the meantime, what really matters is for the game to get enough digital sales to have a sequel greenlighted. Especially considering that UDON would be more likely to go back to their vanity Capcom projects than give the graphic novel another go, so we won't get any publicity from that.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I don't think it means much in the grand scheme of things, seeing as being the "mascot" is so interchangeable in ARMS that it would simply mean whoever gets to be on the box the most. Everyone is equally important in Yabuki's eyes.

In the meantime, what really matters is for the game to get enough digital sales to have a sequel greenlighted. Especially considering that UDON would be more likely to go back to their vanity Capcom projects than give the graphic novel another go, so we won't get any publicity from that.
Nintendo has greenlit things that performed way worse then 2 million, so I'm not too worried about that. The question, to me, is if Yabuki will be in a rotation between ARMS and Mario Kart or not... As I could definitely see them asking him to go and do Mario Kart 9 before diving right into ARMS 2...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nintendo has greenlit things that performed way worse then 2 million, so I'm not too worried about that. The question, to me, is if Yabuki will be in a rotation between ARMS and Mario Kart or not... As I could definitely see them asking him to go and do Mario Kart 9 before diving right into ARMS 2...
I guess it depends on whether or not the mobile division eventually gets sick of working on Mario Kart Tour, as that still isn't nowhere near reaching the finish line for its content loadout.

Edit: On a related note, I kind of like the idea of seeing Spring Man, Ribbon Girl and Min Min show up as guests for MK9...

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Personally speaking that was funny.
And then there's the bit where he thought that tossing :ultkirby: , who has the ability to fly and was still conscious, was a good idea.
I thought it was both scary and funny, though I wonder why Kazuya didn't knock Kirby unconscious. My sister had a theory that he underestimated Kirby because he's so cute and friendly.

Top Bottom