• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mink + Gallax Presents: Swag or Go Home

gallax

Smash Hero
Mink + Gallax Presents: Swag or Go Home!!!

Read Carefully. I am having a reg brawl tourney with dubs and singles and using regular ruleset, but with a slight alteration.

16424 Bristol Estates
Orlando, Fl 32828

This is in Avalon. Take Colonial(SR-50) east until you reach Avalon Rd(take a right). The intersection has a huge Race Track there. Go down roughly 4 miles until you see the Taco Bell/Burger King/McDonalds. Take a left at that light called Timber Springs. You will go down to the SECOND housing development on the left. It is gated so you will have to find a way in or call with the number 054 +Call. Take an immediate right and my house is located about 3 houses down on the left. You will see my blue Ford Taurus in the driveway. Park however you can.

MY HOUSE IS 6000+ Square Feet Under air. Huge. Its like the D-Torr of houses.

Confused? Call 772-579-3046. It's my cellphone.
Doubles stars at 1:00 NO MATTER WHAT

Singles will start at the conclusion of doubles NO MATTER WHAT.

Registration ends for doubles at 12:55.

Singles will start no earlier than 4.

Cool Extras

The Swag Competition

Whoever has the most swag shall receive a prize(to be named the day of)!!!.

The Pro- Bracket
We are still deciding on whether or not Pools will be Round-Robin(RR) or Brackets. More than likely it will be RR. Depending on the amount of people entering, the Pro-Bracket will consist of 4, 6 or 8 players. If there are 6 then the top 2 players will have a bye first round. All Pro-Bracket matches are bo5.

Amateur Bracket
Those who do not make it to the Pro-Bracket will have a chance to enter Ameteur Brackets for a fee of $2.

Entry Fees

Door Fee: $2
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 Per Person

General Gameplay Rules

1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. All infinites are legal
5. :metaknight: is banned in all events
6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
* In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
* If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles

1. Team Attack set to "On"
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. With the TO present, both players are to ban one stage. This will eliminate that stage no matter what from being played in that set.
5. The order of the stages to be played upon will be decided at the beginning of each match with the TO present. One player present will pick a number at random and that will determine which of the stages to be played on. The number will correspond to another number on a list that the TO has that already has the stages pre-determined. All bo5 stage will be preset and will be told as the sets are in progress.
6. After each match, the winner of the previous match must choose their character for the next match, followed by the loser of the previous match.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Conduct Rules

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue. A warning will be issued first.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
* Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
* The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.

Stages

Stages Incorporated into List
BattlePam
F2D
Jelly Island
Dragonville
Wolf Cruise
Gallax Stadium 1
Minkstar
Castle of the Nut
Trumptorr Plaza
GaryBerd
Frigate Ed is Scary

And i did not forget to add rainbow cruise :p

gallax

Smash Hero
oh look a mk legal tournament.
You ninja'd the first post already!!! haha. good shee.

I wasn't done writing the rules btw when you wrote this. :metaknight: is banned. There are also some other slight changes in rules.

And I'm going to have some other cool stuff here, but me and Ryan are still deliberating what. Im going to hold Amateur Brackets for $2 entry and possibly do pools(Brackets or Round Robin)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
A job where they can't say "you must be 18 or older to be hired".

Basically any job where I can work inside, not out (except theme parks, I love them).
Game Stop, Publix, etc.

If I can't find one now, I have less chances of going anywhere.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, I'm on s. semoran and curry ford, so I'm close to NLL and Full Sail (just by taking a single bus ride and a walk).

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I have never even tried applying there now that I think of it. The nearest steak and shake is just one or two blocks away from me, so it's pretty close.

I'll consi--
No, I'll be applying there then.

gallax

Smash Hero
I have never even tried applying there now that I think of it. The nearest steak and shake is just one or two blocks away from me, so it's pretty close.

I'll consi--
No, I'll be applying there then.
Good. Tell them when applying that your old friend James(a.k.a. jimmers) McCauley used to work here. Say you used to play him in smash and they'll know what you're talking about.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I thought mk wasn't banned because it said reg. rules. :/ we are gonna get bodied at apex. o well. o lol @ stage names xD

:phone:

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Bad idea to ban Meta Knight but whatever, this looks fun as **** and I will probably come.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
stage names are pretty good, not gonna lie

also I'm down for this. I may even bring my laptop for AE friendlies, in case anyone is interested

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Okay.

OKAY.

SWAG.

SOME GODDAMN SWAG.

I DON'T THINK I CAN MAKE IT WITHOUT SOMEONE GIVING ME A RIDE THERE AND BACK.

swag....

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
By walking, I'm 12.3 miles away from the location.

There's no bus routes around the tourney and I don't have a vehicle.

Fayah

Smash Rookie
There's an anime convention somewhat closeby on the same day as this that I'm attending but I want to try to make it to this too...and maybe in full costume lol. If i come around 3:45 i'll probably make it for the singles tourney right?

Top Bottom