• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minions' Revenge - A new minion comes, and an old friend returns.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
yep. the problem is that if the arm bone is renamed to RHaveN (since it's his right hand, and since he only has 2 arm bones), then it produces what the picture shows, and it screws up all the animations. all the animations could be adjusted though, but it would take time. the second option would be not to have his arm renamed, which wouldn't screw up the animations, but then he holds items more in his torso. that's probably because i never did any animations involving items, and it should be an easy fix, just make the item holding animations and see what happens, but i'm not entirely sure if it will work. so Gemini, the question is, do you want the bone renamed or not?

and he can be scaled up through animations.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
yep. the problem is that if the arm bone is renamed to RHaveN (since it's his right hand, and since he only has 2 arm bones), then it produces what the picture shows, and it screws up all the animations. all the animations could be adjusted though, but it would take time. the second option would be not to have his arm renamed, which wouldn't screw up the animations, but then he holds items more in his torso. that's probably because i never did any animations involving items, and it should be an easy fix, just make the item holding animations and see what happens, but i'm not entirely sure if it will work. so Gemini, the question is, do you want the bone renamed or not?

Id like to try them both if possible. If not rename the bone. I need to re-animate toad anyway

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace

Wait, why did you rename the bones? you can make any bone the haveN and it doesn't mess up the animations. mine didn't. O.o

And does that toad still have the hit everywhere glitch? because I tried to fix it and couldn't. :(

Lordy, the thing's like the size of his head. Great that he can hold stuff now, but he definitely needs to be scaled up some.

Probably can be done in PSA though.
Nope, scaling in PSA is like getting a mega mushroom, all of the items grow with the character so it'd still be the same size as his head. :p

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
really? i don't have to rename the bones? i'll have to try that then.

and i'll look at the hurtboxes again, i'm sure i did them right, but if they still go weird like that, it probably means they need a little more adjusting. knowing me, i probably took the lazy way out and just re-linked them without re-fiting them, which may be causing the problem.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
really? i don't have to rename the bones? i'll have to try that then.

and i'll look at the hurtboxes again, i'm sure i did them right, but if they still go weird like that, it probably means they need a little more adjusting. knowing me, i probably took the lazy way out and just re-linked them without re-fiting them, which may be causing the problem.
Your hurtboxes are probably fixed.
I just have a really old version of toad. :p

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
eh, probably. but i tried it without the arm bone renamed to RHaveN, and it still did work, it's just that the items were then held in his torso. a new animation would probably fix that.

and sorry it took a while to do this Gemini, i tried it as soon as Pikazz released the method of fixing it, it was an error on my part that i didn't realize until yesterday why it didn't work (i put 15 and 14 in the hex editor instead of F and E, so Brawl was then using bones 21 and 20 instead of 15 and 14, which Toad only has 16 bones).

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
eh, probably. but i tried it without the arm bone renamed to RHaveN, and it still did work, it's just that the items were then held in his torso. a new animation would probably fix that.

and sorry it took a while to do this Gemini, i tried it as soon as Pikazz released the method of fixing it, it was an error on my part that i didn't realize until yesterday why it didn't work (i put 15 and 14 in the hex editor instead of F and E, so Brawl was then using bones 21 and 20 instead of 15 and 14, which Toad only has 16 bones).
K when your done fixing it mind sending it my way?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
alright, i'm done messing with it. i was trying to make a few animations to make Toad hold items correctly, but i can't figure out how to do that (granted, i've never tried before either). so Gemini, did you say you need other files besides the FitYoshi.pac?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
alright, i'm done messing with it. i was trying to make a few animations to make Toad hold items correctly, but i can't figure out how to do that (granted, i've never tried before either). so Gemini, did you say you need other files besides the FitYoshi.pac?
Well.. If toad really cant hold items...
*pulls out some blueprints*

I need master hand ported to.... Jiggylpuff? Stat!... If I can make this work this may be one of the most silly but yet AWSOME! characters to ever appear in brawl.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
no, he can hold items, it's just that he holds them weird. look at the picture i posted, and then look at his arm underneath the pokeball. it's twisted weird. that's when his arm is named RHaveN. when is arm isn't named RHaveN, he holds items in his torso. i was just trying to make the animations so that he would hold items regularly.

and the Master Hand over Jiggly? if you have the Master Hand file, send it to me and i can do it, unless you want me to teach you how to do it. but i wouldn't have a clue where to start searching for it. i mean i know it's somewhere in the SSE stage files, but there's a lot of them.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
no, he can hold items, it's just that he holds them weird. look at the picture i posted, and then look at his arm underneath the pokeball. it's twisted weird. that's when his arm is named RHaveN. when is arm isn't named RHaveN, he holds items in his torso. i was just trying to make the animations so that he would hold items regularly.

and the Master Hand over Jiggly? if you have the Master Hand file, send it to me and i can do it, unless you want me to teach you how to do it. but i wouldn't have a clue where to start searching for it. i mean i know it's somewhere in the SSE stage files, but there's a lot of them.
1. truth to that... That would cause some further complications along the road huh?

2. Im trying to make GLOVER!! seriously if anyone says hes not a minion I have this to say.

In the beggining of the game glover is a minion to the evil wizard. He and the other magical glove got seperated then one turned evil. He still counts as a minion of you think about it. Anyway Ima goto sleep

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
only animation complications, and maybe someone besides me would know how to make the animations work. but other than that, he can hold items. so which of Toads files do you want?

and your thinking of making Glover? didn't he have only 4 fingers? but the offer is still there, once you find the Master Hand files, i'll port it to Jiggly.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
only animation complications, and maybe someone besides me would know how to make the animations work. but other than that, he can hold items. so which of Toads files do you want?

and your thinking of making Glover? didn't he have only 4 fingers? but the offer is still there, once you find the Master Hand files, i'll port it to Jiggly.
I want all of the toad files I suppose... I dont really know which ones to use when testing so.. I suppose give me the ones you used.

If there is a possible way of vertexing master hand or getting rid of one finger then :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome: Ive already planed most of Glover's Moveset. Its just not as official as GALOT

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Weird. Mine works perfectly.

the item holding is weird but you can just rotate the hand bone. :p

Dunno what's wrong with yours Snoopy. :/

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
that's exactly what i meant. Toad can hold items, he just holds them weird, and that's what i was trying to fix, but gave up and sent Gemini the files anyway.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
that's exactly what i meant. Toad can hold items, he just holds them weird, and that's what i was trying to fix, but gave up and sent Gemini the files anyway.
Just got em. K ill go test it now.

KG do you still have toad's CSPs and if not do you think you could make some new ones? Matter fact KG you should have a CSP thread on KC-MM or sumthin

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Gemini, you need those too? i still have them, i didn't know you literally needed everything.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
yeah, sure you miss alot in one week :/
I was on vacation lol

and currently, I am looking for the glitch "freeze" then grabbed right now :/
"snapped polygons" then grabbed glitch is fixed.
I just need to see a connection, then the freeze-grab glitch will be busted :3
it is okay if I use the toad and wheelie to try to fix the freeze-grab glitch?
cuase they have the glitch and I want to try something :3

and oh, Kangaroogreen and Gemin: I fixed wheelie itemglitch :3
i did it on toad too but I saw you guys already did it x3

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
yeah, sure you miss alot in one week :/
I was on vacation lol

and currently, I am looking for the glitch "freeze" then grabbed right now :/
"snapped polygons" then grabbed glitch is fixed.
I just need to see a connection, then the freeze-grab glitch will be busted :3
it is okay if I use the toad and wheelie to try to fix the freeze-grab glitch?
cuase they have the glitch and I want to try something :3

and oh, Kangaroogreen and Gemin: I fixed wheelie itemglitch :3
i did it on toad too but I saw you guys already did it x3
Welcome back. :D
And sure go ahead and fix the glitch on wheelie if you want. :)

Also, as I have absolutely nothing to do today I'll do tons of work on poppant and maybe some work on my stage. :3

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Welcome back. :D
And sure go ahead and fix the glitch on wheelie if you want. :)

Also, as I have absolutely nothing to do today I'll do tons of work on poppant and maybe some work on my stage. :3
Thats sounds cool. Do you think you will release a video for poppant in the near future?

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Project Kamek is halted.
Could not get the broom.mdl0 to work and kamek doesnt work in brawl without it.
Ludwig's beta PSA is being made now. But some animations need to be done.
Probably will do them this weekend.

Edit: If anyone wants to try to fix the broom model then i'll send it to you. I would really like that lol. Or tell me how to fix it if you know whats wrong.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Project Kamek is halted.
Could not get the broom.mdl0 to work and kamek doesnt work in brawl without it.
Ludwig's beta PSA is being made now. But some animations need to be done.
Probably will do them this weekend.

Edit: If anyone wants to try to fix the broom model then i'll send it to you. I would really like that lol. Or tell me how to fix it if you know whats wrong.
NSM Why not worry about Kamek? Try working on Shaydas or Mite. They will be fun eh?

Roo525

Smash Ace
Yeah sorry about the mite link. I'll see If I can reupload it tomorrow. >_>

Roo525

Smash Ace
So I was the first person to ever succesfully port Mite to be potentially playable? Shweeeeet. :3

Top Bottom