• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minions' Revenge - A new minion comes, and an old friend returns.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
any one like to try joe? hears whats going down:
new moves have been added and they look good! He can move but cant jump 2 times.
You cant see him grabing him freezs the game, cant pick up items, the game freezs and last moves need to have psa
on them.
Hmm I dont know whats up with the invisible thing, but sure ill try out joe. Send him my way at your earliest convience

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Ourselves

Hey guys. I was watching Pikazz's Machinima where everyone had different user names and such and it got me thinking. Though we have our made characters to represent us, hows about we make ourselves on some of the characters. KAZECyote of KC-MM is doing it as well. Same as Italian and alot of people in HCBH. We dont have to do it I just thought itd be a cool Idea. Then I could try to see if my friend could draw up some cool CSP's for us. We could even have a new banner with all of our custom hacks on it and maybe with our usernames or nicknames above it.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I was watching Pikazz's Machinima where everyone had different user names and such and it got me thinking. Though we have our made characters to represent us, hows about we make ourselves on some of the characters. KAZECyote of KC-MM is doing it as well. Same as Italian and alot of people in HCBH. We dont have to do it I just thought itd be a cool Idea. Then I could try to see if my friend could draw up some cool CSP's for us. We could even have a new banner with all of our custom hacks on it and maybe with our usernames or nicknames above it.
Hmmmm, I might do this. But I don't know yet.

And wheelie's hurtbox glitch has been fixed. :D
still freezes when grabbed though.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Ok 1st and foremost sorry for double posting please dont hate me for it.

2nd. Ive decided that the next project I do will infact be myself. Im inspired and determined more then I ever was with toad due to one PSA I saw in KC-MM. its called "Pein's Summoning Beast Pt.1 and 2" In this PSA pein dissapears for like 2 seconds and then comes back as Giga Bowser and its freaking insane man I never knew anything like that was possible ya kno?. Ive sketched out my character and all of his moves and such and one of them includes his taunts. With knowledge of that PSA id be able to get to switch into my Kirby, Wisp(Wisp's down taunt), and Nobody forms.

This also means if possible we could have a character called MR for Minions Revenge and use the taunts to switch between alloy's A.K.A the minions we put over them, and be able to play as which ever one we want, whenever we want. This idea is total gold and I say we should start on it immediatly!!!! Sorry for my hyperness but seriously we should put this into deep consideration. Since the alloys have no specials of there own we could give them 3 or four moves and switch between. Itd be a total tactical thing ya kno?. When I come up with more Ideas ill be sure to tell you.

~GCF

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a pain with file size limits. Can't even find that PSA anywhere on KC-MM...

As for a Knuckle Joe move set, an idea hit me while I was playing this game called Live-A-Live. There was this chapter involving a martial artist who copied and utilized the fighting styles of others to win a tournament. In order to avoid K. Joe being a Kirby clone, I'm taking a look at a few fighting games and seeing which ones could fit the style of the character...leaving some room open for stuff like Vulcan Jab and Smash Punch of course.

So...some ideas for now.

Up Special - Flying Dragon Kick (Around 00:47) - Similar to the Hurricane Kick of Street Fighter, instead it's a reckless diving attack after a quick upwards descent. In a way, it could be seen as similar to Final Cutter or Ike's Aether, except at a 45~ degree angle towards the ground. The most obvious option would be the standard Rising Break, but that seems like it'd be more interesting as an Up-Smash instead.

Dash Attack - Tsuda (Around 01:33) - A very fast dashing palm thrust that can trip and weaken shields well, with a short yet noticeable delay before and after the attack. Joe DOES have a dashing kick attack in the Kirby games, but Meta Knight seems to have already taken that.

Forward Tilt - The One Inch Punch - A fighting game example would be Fei Long's Ultra II from Super Street Fighter IV. Let me tell you something, it looks like a push but these things can floor you and knock the breath right out of you if done right. Seems simple to translate into a low range, high power attack. This is the only one I can't think of a Kirby game option for.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
it is a good idea, but as GALOT said, file size limits could be a pain. that, and i'm not sure if we could just switch full models like that. it works with Wisp because the PSA switches between in game graphics, which last until you switch to a new one. maybe textures once Pikazz fully figures out what he's doing with the texture patterns, but i'm not sure about full models. and yes, i do realize a few characters have models they switch between (like Bowser going into his shell), but the extra models are included in with the main character's model file, and just uses the PSA model changer command to go between them. like i said, a good idea, but i don't know how easy it would be to implement. that's just my opinion, though.

and about Knuckle Joe, why not 'borrow' some of the stuff from the old Fighter Kirby PSA? i think it'd work great.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong, the minions could still be a team, but, the way it was implied was that this was all one slot. So, nothing really changes in the end except we can make another Sheik/Pokemon Trainer.

Actually, another Pokemon Trainer style team....?

Gotta study this guy's process for a bit, 'scuse me.

EDIT: Doesn't carry over positioning or damage percent...d'aw.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
So ive decided to vertex myself usuing cloud as a base but I might port him over to link maybe as a base. Snoopy think you could help out with that situation? Im thinking maybe to keep him on ike but I havent decided. First I gotta learn how to vertex.... :/

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
to be honest, if you vertex Cloud, leave him on Ike. it'll be easier that way. i'm trying to figure out how to re-attach bones to where i want, in hopes that it might make model swapping work with fewer glitches, but it's a bit of a process. so i'd say leave it on Ike. or if you want it on Link, grab the Hatless Link and go from there.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
to be honest, if you vertex Cloud, leave him on Ike. it'll be easier that way. i'm trying to figure out how to re-attach bones to where i want, in hopes that it might make model swapping work with fewer glitches, but it's a bit of a process. so i'd say leave it on Ike. or if you want it on Link, grab the Hatless Link and go from there.
See the difficult thing is I dont know if I can make link's pants baggy or if its even possible to vertex glasses and a beanie... But Cloud already has the baggy pants and all I really need to do is remove the shoulder pad and retexture the shirt and pants.. yea ill stay on ike.. I guess.. problem is my main is link..

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
oh. if that's the case, then go ahead and do the vertex, and i'll try to get it working on Link. i might be able to pretty easily, since Ike's TransN is higher than Link's, so in theory it should be easier. well, except for the fact that Link is left handed and Ike is right handed... eh, go ahead and do the vertex and i'll see what i can do.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
oh. if that's the case, then go ahead and do the vertex, and i'll try to get it working on Link. i might be able to pretty easily, since Ike's TransN is higher than Link's, so in theory it should be easier. well, except for the fact that Link is left handed and Ike is right handed... eh, go ahead and do the vertex and i'll see what i can do.
Welp time to learn how

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Link is practically already a walking beanie. Plus I don't see how it'd be hard to give Link baggy pants.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
You have my sword...... sorry I couldn't resist. :chuckle:

and I could maybe take a crack at making you, I guess.
Awsome heres what he will look like. Ill make 2 versions so if you do decide to do it on either ike or link ill have it ready.

Either way im putting the model over link because its neccesary I have the bow and such for my psa.

Mellow(Me)
About 6'1(Pretty much how tall ike is)
Skin Color: Brown(Dark Brown)
Eyes: White they look as if hes been possesed.
Hair and Color: He wears a white beanie with hair coming out of the back(spikey ish hair like links) Face and expression: He wears black glasses and their the squareish kind(normal not round or nuthing) He has sort of a lifeless face like it has no emotion or anything to it and he never smiles.

Clothing: He wears a long black hoody(if this is not possible make it a t-shirt with no symbol on it) He wears a simple chain on his neck and has baggy grey jeans with chains connecting from the belt to his pocket. He wears plain white tennishoes so use whatever on that.

Weapons: The sword is a plain green book with the leaf ninja sign on it (Im not a fan of naruto it just poped up in my head)

The bow would be a purple book. and ill somehow remove the arrow.
The bomb will be a red book and the boomerang would be a yellow book.

Thats all I have but if you dont want to do the books and just the person that alone would be great. Thx for your time

~GCF

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Awesome here's what he will look like. Ill make 2 versions so if you do decide to do it on either ike or link ill have it ready.

Either way I'm putting the model over link because its necessary I have the bow and such for my psa.

Mellow(Me)
About 6'1(Pretty much how tall ike is)
Skin Color: Brown(Dark Brown)
Eyes: White they look as if hes been possessed.
Hair and Color: He wears a white beanie with hair coming out of the back(spiky ish hair like links) Face and expression: He wears black glasses and their the squarish kind(normal not round or nothing) He has sort of a lifeless face like it has no emotion or anything to it and he never smiles.

Clothing: He wears a long black hoodie(if this is not possible make it a t-shirt with no symbol on it) He wears a simple chain on his neck and has baggy Grey jeans with chains connecting from the belt to his pocket. He wears plain white tennis shoes so use whatever on that.

Weapons: The sword is a plain green book with the leaf ninja sign on it (I'm not a fan of naruto it just popped up in my head)

The bow would be a purple book. and ill somehow remove the arrow.
The bomb will be a red book and the boomerang would be a yellow book.

That's all I have but if you don't want to do the books and just the person that alone would be great. Thanks for your time

~GCF
Everything is possible but the books would just look weird. :ohwell:
and do you want hair sticking out of the front of the beanie?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Everything is possible but the books would just look weird. :ohwell:
and do you want hair sticking out of the front of the beanie?
Yea hair in the front would be cool but not to much that it covers his face ya kno? BTW. Change the color of the beanie to grey instead of white and his hair will be greyish white instead of black. His hands will be those gloves with the rips at the tips ya kno? But everything else is gunna look so sweet! I cant wait!

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Yea hair in the front would be cool but not to much that it covers his face ya kno? BTW. Change the color of the beanie to grey instead of white and his hair will be greyish white instead of black. His hands will be those gloves with the rips at the tips ya kno? But everything else is gunna look so sweet! I cant wait!
making progress on the vertex, like his beanie, hair, face and parts of his hoodie. :)

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
making progress on the vertex, like his beanie, hair, face and parts of his hoodie. :)
Awsome green!! hes gunna look so awsome.. :/ but.. I hate to be such a bother but could you turn the hoody into one of those vests with a hood attached to it.. :/ If thats gunna be to hard you dont have to I know im asking alot of you already... >.< Im so hype for this release

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Hey Tommo, I know you hang around this form from time to time so I was wondering if it were to be ok if I used the servbot as one of the textures for toad... Im dying to make Servbot playable.. btw kangaroo whats up? Hows wheelie?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Hey Tommo, I know you hang around this form from time to time so I was wondering if it were to be ok if I used the servbot as one of the textures for toad... Im dying to make Servbot playable.. btw kangaroo whats up? Hows wheelie?
It won't work. It requires seperate animations, and while we do have "one slot" animations, i'm sure you don't want to make two sets, and besides, I never got it fully working. Lol.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Servbot could really use his own moveset anyway, based off of his Marvel vs. Capcom 2 appearance.

...granted you miraculously get his model working.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
did somebody say that you can't get a model to work? never fear, for I am here!

yeah, but if you want, i'll see if i can get it to work. do you want the Servbot as a seperate character, or over Toad so the Tron Bonne texture BSZ made can use it (or both)?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
did somebody say that you can't get a model to work? never fear, for I am here!

yeah, but if you want, i'll see if i can get it to work. do you want the Servbot as a seperate character, or over Toad so the Tron Bonne texture BSZ made can use it (or both)?
Btw snoopy do you have a msn or yahoo or something like that. id like to start learning how to animate and psa as soon as possible. Once kangaroogreen finishes me im gunna need it

Top Bottom