• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MINI-WWYP: Feel the Beat (Contest closed! Judging now in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
fifth?

Well I'm a big lame-ady-lame-lame. but I'll be posting it tomarrow... I better be anyway.
*threatens a mirror*

EDIT
fifth! hopefully I'll have something done tomarrow. I mean... I better!!
*threaten two mirror*

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I started about 3 hours ago.

Don't expect much, I've always been a slow writer. Sheepy is swamped with personal issues, but something will be submitted.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Lol I thought I was gonna get a freebie cuz nobody was doing this one :/

Anyway, good luck to all, I've seen some great ideas out there, and especially good luck to Wak 'cuz his story got a rough translation, but the song was awesome.

Let me know if you want me to put songs up on the hub, we can work something out.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Ah crap, I have an hour.

I mean, it's done , but I still can't pick a tense or ending, which are kind of big things.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Dear god I hope I still have an hour to write. X-(

EDIT: Sweet, Matt isn't here yet. *Whoops*

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Dear god I hope I still have an hour to write. X-(

EDIT: Sweet, Matt isn't here yet. *Whoops*
I'm here, if that isn't anything but an empty threat :(

I'm looking forward to every one's stories. It's been tough having to sit on the sidelines, especially every time I hear a good song on the ol' iPod. Oh well, so goes life...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Looks like 10 entries up, with still some time to spare.

EDIT: Looks like I'm a liar-- Matt did all the mod stuff while I was posting this.

@Virg - What are you talking about?

Judging is great. If you're generally optimistic person, you get to make the three winners happy.

If you're sadistic, you get to shatter the dreams of seven hopefuls.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Notice that the only three stories he didn't comment on where mine, Scav's, and the Canadian's.

I think he's telling us something.

Edit: And that something was that he hated us

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Yes, the rules are in Kentucky. That's the prompt.

Go to Kentucky, and write something.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
In any case, I didn't enter this contest which sucks because I wanted to. I will enter WWYP4 though. Do you guys know what the prompt for that contest will be yet?

Skywalker

Space Jump
You shouldn't have said anything.

Now Matt's going to be extra picky.

EDIT: Uncle Kenny wins.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
But it's VERY obvious. Especially since Matt has obtained such a high level of skill in the areas of reading and writing.

;)

EDIT: Maybe I'm playing with your heads. Hey, you never know!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
But it's VERY obvious. Especially since Matt has obtained such a high level of skill in the areas of reading and writing.

;)

EDIT: Maybe I'm playing with your heads. Hey, you never know!
No. You can't go back now. Once you make a mistake, and someone points it out, you can't claim them as mindgames.

It's just not ... possible to believe.

So judges-- I can expect the final scores to be up by next Friday at latest? What do you think the earliest would be?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Well I've already got Eorlingas' done and should finish Kragen's soon...so that means I can easily procrastinate to Friday now...

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Now I play the waiting game. Good luck with the judging.

No. You can't go back now. Once you make a mistake, and someone points it out, you can't claim them as mindgames.

It's just not ... possible to believe.
No. I'm not claiming the mistake as a mindgame.

Kragen

Smash Ace
Well I've already got Eorlingas' done and should finish Kragen's soon...so that means I can easily procrastinate to Friday now...
Wow, Virgilijus steps it up!

I always linked your name to Virgilius, a Roman poet who wrote Aeneis, Ilias and the Odyssee

Well, good luck (and check my sig!)

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I always linked your name to Virgilius, a Roman poet who wrote Aeneis, Ilias and the Odyssee
And you would be right (though the latter two works were by Homer)! Although the spelling comes from another source; a Lithuanian discus thrower! Bet no one saw that coming...man, I feel like a nerd:(

The only reason I've got so many done right now is because I am patiently waiting for a call from my ex-girlfriend. May none of you have that misfortune.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hopefully you can post your comments/scores for mine soon n.n

And the latest is Friday the 12th, right?

I love Wak.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, I read my story...

:( :( :( :( Wow, that's bad. There's a lot I could fix in about 30 seconds, too.

Oh dear.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I've learned one thing in this contest, it's that my story totally sucked.

If I've learned two, the other is not to start stories the day before the contest ends. That is all =).

Well, I think I'll re-do the story, and just post it in Creative Minds. =).

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
If starting it the day before the contest ended is what prompted you to have the idea, than I'd hardly say it's a waste :p

Maybe it's a waste if you want to win the contest, but the goal of WWYP is for you to GET ideas, not win with them.

I'm thrilled that a whim 3 hours before the contest ended spurred me to flesh out a few ideas. I went through half of my stockpile of lines and thoughts... so while there's a lot I need to work on in my entry (for instance, add another 500 words), I wouldn't have had the idea otherwise.

Edit: That's what I'm loving more and more about this contest. That people like Sheepyman are putting their money where their mouth is, so to speak, and putting their writing out there. The simple act of posting something to a contest is WAY more valuable than the criticisms we provide.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
You speak the truth, Scav. This is one of the first times I've had the courage to write a story that takes place in the modern/present time period. I just hope I excecuted it well . . . And writing according to the guidelines of a prompt is healthy for my brain. J'aime WWYP. I want to enter WWYP4 also ^_^

EDIT: Hoorah pour le français! et WWYP4 aussi!

Skywalker

Space Jump
I'm thrilled that a whim 3 hours before the contest ended spurred me to flesh out a few ideas. I went through half of my stockpile of lines and thoughts... so while there's a lot I need to work on in my entry (for instance, add another 500 words), I wouldn't have had the idea otherwise.
Within the last hour of the contest, I rewrote my ending into something that more-or-less ended with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom