• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
this **** became such a crapshoot after ****in potato died. castrated us of proper interactions and pressure with which to ascertain a buddy

This x1000. Kantrip was killed off with way too little to...

@ Ashemu Ashemu @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43

****in kill me off if I am legitimately a threat to your sanity. But for the love of Christ DO NOT GIVE NAMELESS THE GUN.

@Nameless

What prompted you to blast Kantrip N1? I assume there was tangible evidence leading to your decision. Give it. I want individual answers from both heads.

#HBC | Gorf

God damn it EBWOP

[insert quote]

This x 1000. Kantrip's death was just too haphazard and too non confrontational all around to really get anything from...

Vote: Ashemu

@ Ashemu Ashemu @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43

****in kill me off if you think I'm a genuine threat, I obviously don't think I am but ya know what can ya say. Think for a real quick second about why you're town reading Nameless for me though. He killed off Kantrip is all I have left, and I feel like the quote above is absolute proof as to why the **** scum would shoot their mate if given the opportunity. Sure on paper it's stupid as **** to kill your mate, but it sure as hell makes for cred doesn't it?

@Nameless

Why'd you fags kill Kantrip? No bull****. What did he do that got himself to consider putting a bullet through his skull? I request both of you to give a solid answer, sure I excused Sword's early play but I'll tell ya what it's not hard to emulate your own town play within the first few posts, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sword got scared n marshy swooped in to level the slot out, just saying. Ash was wise not to expose who she was killing, because you folded all of your cards. How the **** are you gonna sit here and sling mud at every single living slot as a townie? What does everybody just deserve the heat or are you just as legitimately confused as I seem to be, because if you are then that sure as hell should be the thing that wipes your suspicion of me. That is, if you can empathize with me, which I KNOW both of you have the capability to do as town.

#HBC | Gorf

ive had enough of your background play

tell me why dietz and ash town. i dont give a **** about meta. what about jds play IN THIS GAME has you believing hes innocent? what has you so strongly considering the possibility of me bussing potato?

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf

why the **** did you hammer if you want to flesh out your reads? what sense does that even make? are you TRYING to do **** that makes absolutely no sense to what you assert youre doing?

@ Ashemu Ashemu

whats the point to the quips that you do like the second paragraph in 4780? youve done this all game and ive turned a blind eye to it but in reality they serve zero purpose to finding scum and instead are better to look like youre actively thinking about your decisions on a surface level
i dont have a case and dont care enough to even try to make one

that said i am starting to have doubts in you and orbo. you just cuz of the quips ive mentioned before and out of necessity. orbo cuz...i dunno. i just havent felt a strong urge to find scum. hes doin what ruy did last game which was just to be like "this dude is town this dude is scum" without the digging that id expect an uninformed minority to do. am seriously considering capping his ***

ive skimmed most of jds posts and dont really plan on reading them
I thought I'd have to do some digging but these posts ALONE puts Nameless in a very flexible position, do they not? Whereas I'm taking a more careful approach to my confusion, Nameless is much more aggressive and, more importantly, giving himself in thread justification for pressuring literally whatever slot he feels like. Nameless, if I'm town and I'm playing like ****, then if you're town you're playing like mother ****ing diarrhea. And here's the thing I'm not ****ing afraid to die to prove my legitimacy, so go ahead and convince the other two that I deserve the bullet. But I'll be damned if you've been playing a town game.

#HBC | Gorf

Hey Swordviewer, ****ing answer my question in full right now within the next 15 minutes. I'm doing this so that you have no influence from marshy btw.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Why'd you **** kill Kantrip? No bull****. What did he do that got himself to consider putting a bullet through his skull? I request both of you to give a solid answer, sure I excused Sword's early play but I'll tell ya what it's not hard to emulate your own town play within the first few posts, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sword got scared n marshy swooped in to level the slot out, just saying. Ash was wise not to expose who she was killing, because you folded all of your cards. How the **** are you gonna sit here and sling mud at every single living slot as a townie? What does everybody just deserve the heat or are you just as legitimately confused as I seem to be, because if you are then that sure as hell should be the thing that wipes your suspicion of me. That is, if you can empathize with me, which I KNOW both of you have the capability to do as town.
Because he was a mystery slot. I pulled the trigger not entirely sure if he was going to flip scum or not, but his entrance wasn't all that great and we didn't want to drag that slot into another Day phase.

Gorf do you even know what my (Sworddancer's) stance on you is?

#HBC | Gorf

I guess I don't, but since you're here, let's discuss this game. You and me. I'mma be taking a shower n heading to class but I'm all ears baby. You first.

#HBC | Dancer

Oh, and btw, I was planning to save this until endgame but Marshy joined the game by his own accord, which I'm okay with. I did not ask him to come in and help me in anyway, shape or form.

I'm pretty sure Marshy joined the game when he saw that I was ging to get the gun.

#HBC | Dancer

Gorf for the record I don't think you're scum, I was probably going to shoot Dietz Night 2 but you guys just HAD to give the gun to Gorf. >.> The only thing I'm worried about you is that you're mad defensive for someone who's "willing to die" and you're appealing to the "I'm legit confused" defense a bit too much. More so the latter cus I don't really care about the former. Also can't help to notice the shift in attitude once I asked you if you even knew my stance on you. Tis be minor points though.

The reason Marshy was okay with an Orb shot is because we were talking about a worse case scenario where Gorf/Dietz/RR all ended up as town and we had to decide between Ash and Orbo.Naturally we've grown a little paranoid and Marshy could not get with Orbo's "sit back and ask questions" style of play.

Speaking of Ash I'm a bit more paranoid about him after that Orbo shot. Ash had Orbo as a town read for most of the game, but just now his play became a problem for him? I mean I was imagining that and Orbo/Ash/Nameless endgame was going to be optimal, but now with that shot the endgame might be me/Ash/and one of you or Dietz, which is good for Ash scum. Furthermore after Kantrip's death Ash's play has become noticeably more apathetic, which is kinda what I might imagine scum would be like after bussing a mate immediately (no more scum left means that a scum Ash would have to come up with dirt on townies which I would imagine is definitely harder for him). That said his Day 1 play was fantastic and there are some things that make me doubt a Kantrip/Ash connection (just as Ash not knowing that Kantrip was inactive). That could have been faked though, and I'm honestly considering killing Ash toNight just because if he's scum then great, we've won and we don't have to deal with that paranoia in endgame. If he's town then we still don't have to deal with that paranoia and we've got a 50/0 shot against you and Dietz.

Dietz is probably my number one pick right now though. I can kinda see central though behind his posts but a lot of how he pushes players reads generic to me. It's hard to imagine that he'll hold a null read on a doomed scum partner but eh, idk. What I do know is that his push against Ryu reads as opportunistic/generic/fake while your push reads more genuine, and he's been overall a bit more lurky then anyone else remaining. Don't like.

I have to get hw done before I go to work today, don't expect too much activity out of me after this post.

#HBC | Gorf

Oh, and btw, I was planning to save this until endgame but Marshy joined the game by his own accord, which I'm okay with. I did not ask him to come in and help me in anyway, shape or form.

I'm pretty sure Marshy joined the game when he saw that I was ging to get the gun.
I'm not holding that as a point of quality, merely just stating that I can picture that being a thing. No tell off of it is considered.

Sword said:
Gorf for the record I don't think you're scum, I was probably going to shoot Dietz Night 2 but you guys just HAD to give the gun to Gorf. >.> The only thing I'm worried about you is that you're mad defensive for someone who's "willing to die" and you're appealing to the "I'm legit confused" defense a bit too much. More so the latter cus I don't really care about the former. Also can't help to notice the shift in attitude once I asked you if you even knew my stance on you. Tis be minor points though.
If you didn't say they were minor points I'd call you out on this but okay. I ain't really being defensive about it, it's just the fact that I was STILL confused cuz Dietz, ash, orb, and you all still had read town to me yesterDay. Now orb flipped town from ash's shot, but she you and Dietz STILL had read town to me this morning. So the confusion was real. I know it looks shoddy from outside and we got a shot left, so I'm just like tryna get my thoughts out there now that I have em (that also answers your other head as to why I gave ash the gun so fast, it seemed like just a putz of a day to me).

@ the rest of the post

Oh man, yea I think you guys are scum. I'll type it up if you guys really want my thoughts but like the entire post is just littered with misinterpretations and generalizations n ****... If Dietz is town. That is the one thing I will buy you on. The orbo thing and especially the linking it to ash is garbage scum vomit... But I DO see me possibly just having nasty flip flopped on Dietz, and that read of yours does align with marshys process of his read on me AND ignoring Dietz. Why read em if your other head already wants Dietz dead as town if you don't have to?

But ash is town.

#HBC | Dancer

Oh man, yea I think you guys are scum. I'll type it up if you guys really want my thoughts but like the entire post is just littered with misinterpretations and generalizations n ****... If Dietz is town. That is the one thing I will buy you on. The orbo thing and especially the linking it to ash is garbage scum vomit... But I DO see me possibly just having nasty flip flopped on Dietz, and that read of yours does align with marshys process of his read on me AND ignoring Dietz. Why read em if your other head already wants Dietz dead as town if you don't have to?

But ash is town
I don't understand your question, Why read who if I don't have to do what?

Show me one misinterpretation I've made. One generalization.

So much for your amazing ability to read my meta.

#HBC | Gorf

I don't understand your question, Why read who if I don't have to do what?

Show me one misinterpretation I've made. One generalization.

So much for your amazing ability to read my meta.
It's not about "amazing ability," you're not still being transparent for some reason. Maybe cuz you haven't been here as much? I'll be rereading either way after I'm done working n shiz.

Why would marshy bother reading JDietz if he's your top scum read. It lines up with you guys being town, cuz god knows if my hydra partner is scum reading Dietz I wouldn't let myself be bothered either lol.

Ash's play has NOT "become more apathetic" after Kantrip died, for one.

#HBC | Gorf

Scum you are making this game hilariously frustrating for me. Don't worry I'll laugh with whoever of you three it is in the end about it cuz like SHEEEEEIT man

#HBC | Gorf

democracy
A vote for Potassium is a vote for equality!

Do the right thing, and vote for Potassium toDay!

When elected, I promise to take everyone's opinion into consideration and shoot for the best of the people!
I don't like this new person. They're obnoxious and they smell bad.
also since i was roleplaying some classic politician propaganda i obvs have a hidden agenda and would selfishly shoot for my own benefit after lying through my teeth to get elected

welcome to the real world baby
To vote, simply type the command Vote: Potassium, like so:

Vote: Potassium

Alternatively, you can vote online at www.potassium4president.com
As a point of reference, these are Kantrip's posts prior to Sword's (later Nameless') entry to the game. Personally, I didn't like Kantrip's play because it directly ignored the thread and the pressure that was being brought with it but that's neither here nor there. After all, the suspicion was small and had the avobe quotes as justification. In Sword's first post, he mentions promising to kill Kantrip, but whether or not that can be taken with a grain of salt is left in the dark. Looking at it I assume it's a joke, and that correlates with his afromentioned claim of just not being sure of Kantrip (since there is nothing else that an opinion can be formulated from).

Nameless mentions that he's town reading Orbo and questions why Dietz thinks Kantrip's meta makes em null, but aside from that, nothing. The slot's talked about all other slots except for that slot. Again, a corroboration of their story but still curious on paper.

And then he gets the gun and shoots Kantrip. There is no lie to be found here, Sword's story is either true or carefully constructed and they got away with offing their partner.

Aaaaaand rereading has me back to square one.

@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 say words and stuff.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh my lord what is happening in here. I can't believe Orbo is dead before me or Gorf.

... I ain't even gonna try and comment more until I have a chance to read it all for real. I'll be back tonight after dinner.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
Speaking of Ash I'm a bit more paranoid about him after that Orbo shot. Ash had Orbo as a town read for most of the game, but just now his play became a problem for him? I mean I was imagining that and Orbo/Ash/Nameless endgame was going to be optimal, but now with that shot the endgame might be me/Ash/and one of you or Dietz, which is good for Ash scum. Furthermore after Kantrip's death Ash's play has become noticeably more apathetic, which is kinda what I might imagine scum would be like after bussing a mate immediately (no more scum left means that a scum Ash would have to come up with dirt on townies which I would imagine is definitely harder for him). That said his Day 1 play was fantastic and there are some things that make me doubt a Kantrip/Ash connection (just as Ash not knowing that Kantrip was inactive). That could have been faked though, and I'm honestly considering killing Ash toNight just because if he's scum then great, we've won and we don't have to deal with that paranoia in endgame. If he's town then we still don't have to deal with that paranoia and we've got a 50/0 shot against you and Dietz.
actualy, orbo/ash/nameless was the most optimal endgame for evil mean scum ashemu bc orbo was the only player in the game to suspect nameless and it would be very easy to stick to the plan and have him give me the gun, meanwhile shooting orbo just draws unnecessary attention and makes ppl paranoid which in practice makes endgame harder

gorf going "shoot me if u dont believe me" when he otherwise seems to be tyring super hard basically confirms he needs to be shot if hes going to wifom like that, especially after he called ryu out on the same thing day 2

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
vote ash

please shoot the **** out of gorf for his bull**** flop. fine with me/orbo/ash endgame
gorf can die for the disgusting manner he has pushed lynches. if hes town **** him for the way hes played this game

The reason Marshy was okay with an Orb shot is because we were talking about a worse case scenario where Gorf/Dietz/RR all ended up as town and we had to decide between Ash and Orbo.Naturally we've grown a little paranoid and Marshy could not get with Orbo's "sit back and ask questions" style of play.

Dietz is probably my number one pick right now though. I can kinda see central though behind his posts but a lot of how he pushes players reads generic to me. It's hard to imagine that he'll hold a null read on a doomed scum partner but eh, idk. What I do know is that his push against Ryu reads as opportunistic/generic/fake while your push reads more genuine, and he's been overall a bit more lurky then anyone else remaining. Don't like.

I have to get hw done before I go to work today, don't expect too much activity out of me after this post.

@Nameless : you have a lot of different reads claimed right now, and they can't all co-exist. In Sword's post you bring up all the potential reasons Gorf could be scum in your eyes while claiming to think him not scum, but don't list the reasons you feel he's town while at the same time Marshy is pushing the slot to be the #1 choice to die as recently as Orbo-Twilight. So which is it, is Gorf town or are you leaving that door open? No hydra discog johns because this is exactly the kind of opinion that should be your hydra's first priority in scumhunting.

Same goes for me and Ash, you have these phrases right next to each other:

That said his Day 1 play was fantastic and there are some things that make me doubt a Kantrip/Ash connection (just as Ash not knowing that Kantrip was inactive). That could have been faked though, and I'm honestly considering killing Ash toNight just because if he's scum then great, we've won and we don't have to deal with that paranoia in endgame. If he's town then we still don't have to deal with that paranoia and we've got a 50/0 shot against you and Dietz.

Dietz is probably my number one pick right now though
You're showing your willingness to kill Ash and the paranoia free future that might bring while still calling me the number one pick and then not firmly pushing it, all while still letting Marshy's side push Gorf. You're playing all the angles right now, and I'm not comfortable with any slot taking that much wiggle room. So what will it be today? Because based on this so far I'm inclined to say Nameless > Gorf = GG.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
jd are you ****ing ****ting me

i am going to smack the **** outta whichever of gorf/jd is actually town in this game. ****ing ********

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
gorf going "shoot me if u dont believe me" when he otherwise seems to be tyring super hard basically confirms he needs to be shot if hes going to wifom like that, especially after he called ryu out on the same thing day 2
Yes, but a scumGorf here is all-in on the "me or you" brand of unsurity, so I find it less likely to be planning something than the slot that has given plausible reason for each slot to go. His willingness to be shot can be wifomed, but the results of a Nameless flip can't be.

Vote: Ashemu

Ashemu

Smash Ace
hi im here and ready to selfhammer ^_^

does anybody have anything more to say 1st? marshy which of gorf/jdietz do you think is more likely to be the mafias?

#HBC | Gorf

Woah.

Yea Dietz is scum. Truth be told, after reading back on the Nameless-Kantrip connection I realized I got paranoid for some reason and started leaning back to Dietz, but I wanted him to respond without really saying I want em dead to see how he postures from his V/LA. tl;dr that was gross and made me remember why I wanted em dead to begin with.

Am willing to hammer Ash.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
jd is DEFINITELY scum after that ****. holy mother****ing **** obvscumbag move. it also aligns with ruy reading the scumbags as town so thats even more evidence

fos jdietz

Ashemu

Smash Ace
yea past n1 we kinda dropped the ball with our shot's lol

sorry orbo ;_;

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
okay im assuming ashemu got hammered and she already used the gun on jditz

jditz was mafia goon

town win

really sorry dietz that your partner flunked out, and im sorry about the imbalance, overall i think this can be done properly if the numbers are tweaked a bit more, like sword suggested earlier

thanks for playing everyone

side note: ashemu i hope you stick around, i like you and i think you're good at this game, we need more fresh faces here :)

Ashemu

Smash Ace
good game eevryone ^_^

so shortly before teh orbo shot i sent this in 2 the mod:
Right now I'm actually fairly certain I'm going to shoot Orbo (assuming I get the gun today). Logic:
- Kantrip ignoring my scuffle with him makes even more sense if Orbo was a buddy and Kantrip didn't want to risk getting involved. Orbo also never strongly committed to a Kantrip read D1 and Sworddancer's point about him only liking my Kant observation after Sword did is actually interesting.

- Despite townreading Jdietz he never actually explains the read or makes a serious attempt to convince people not to shoot Jdietz. He "wants to see Gorf vs Jdietz go down" opts not to give Gorf the gun because Gorf will shoot jdietz but does nothing to convince Gorf about his read or lead town in the right direction. A Dietz/Orbo/Ashemu endgame is also a lot easier for scum!Orbo to wiggle out of than Orbo/Ashemu/Nameless.

- Orbo has been a consistent townread all game but he's never really "earned" his read and seems to just be coasting. Even if he's busy he could be doing a lot more when he actually is around, but he doesn't really talk about his reads at all. It seems plausible he's just waiting for endgame to happen because he's in a good position.

- I think the idle thought about NK analysis from D1 is not something town would post because it's a given and doesn't actually help town find scum, not to mention that NK analysis does not usually play a major part in games. More likely, he was scum attempting to fake a towntell by appearing to have a thought process.

- Hammer on Gorf sets up a Gorf misvig perfectly and he didn't really have a strong opinion about Ryu / Gorf.

- honestly i just think every1 else is town..... ~_~

If this is wrong then I'll feel like a **** and probably will have risked throwing the game, but that's mafia for you.
that was my justification for it but it turned out my case was wrong and i felt bad. whoops!!!! also since its out of persona feel free 2 use it to game my identity or w/e :>

a good lesson from this game is not 2 be a distraction if youre town, we shouldve won on n2 but ryu and orbo got lazy and ppl misread them (although orbo mightve just been bc he was busy which is understandable, again, sry dude, but pls try to at least be more clear about ur suspiciouns), though u can also argue its a good example of why townies should stay on point instead of rethinking themselves out of lynching scum lol

gorf u made an admirable effort but pls try not to sound like youre pleading to live when given last words, as town it benefits your alignment more to just make a solid opinions post in that scenario imo, it was p weird given that you called royu out on the same thing earlier

i still think 6:2 where scum has a vengekill (or is just a bomb) would be the best road to take the set-up.town doesnt get a new mis lynch for lynching maf in normal mafia so why should they here >_>

Orboknown

Smash Hero
My bad for misreading dietz.
Idve explained more but the state the game was at and all the detail im on now it was kinda rushed with a no info d1

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
jd is DEFINITELY scum after that ****. holy mother****ing **** obvscumbag move. it also aligns with ruy reading the scumbags as town so thats even more evidence

fos jdietz
**** this crap.

I read Kantrip off what he posted, scummy, and only posted the gun comment to get him to talk more if I was wrong and if not I could get some sort of paper trail. Dietz was not a sole town read over me not trusting Gorf at all nor liking his play thi game, if Gorf flipped town I would have gunned for Dietz over the others.

#HBC | Gorf

I wasn't even tryna plead for my life, the wifom thing you pointed out was ACTUALLY cuz I ACTUALLY thought everyone wanted me dead at that point and I was like *shrug* we got 4 left I'll let the other 2 sort it out. But tis all good in the hood.

Moral of the story is just play a ****ing townie game and D1 IS the most important phase in any game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wasn't even tryna plead for my life, the wifom thing you pointed out was ACTUALLY cuz I ACTUALLY thought everyone wanted me dead at that point and I was like *shrug* we got 4 left I'll let the other 2 sort it out. But tis all good in the hood.

Moral of the story is just play a ****ing townie game and D1 IS the most important phase in any game.
Depends on context.

@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ I got a mini I wanna run by you, want me to PM it to ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom