• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini | Frozen Retold - Directed by Zen - Ovah! The kingdom is free from sorcery!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
too many cooks = spoiled broth

no cooks = no broth

in a 7-man game with 2+ chronic inactives where you yourself admit there is a scarcity of information, you do not get a free pass to coast because of playstyle

JeXs

Smash Champion
You guys seem to be confusing "not telling you what I'm thinking" with "not doing anything at all."

Some people learn more by stirring the pot, other by watching how others stir the pot. I'm one of the latter.
You can not be stirring the pot but we still need to know your stances on other's alignments.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Day 1!

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Lynch Nominees

JeXs 2 {#HBC | Gorf, #HBC | Badwolf}
Xatres 1 {Asianaussie}
Lunchables 1 {#HBC | Bunzy}

L-1
L-2
L-3

Other Cast Members

#HBC | Bunzy
#HBC | Gorf
#HBC | BadWolf
Asianaussie​

Last edited:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Aussie, that 66 was pretty much just me venting, that 75 is trying to get lunchables to do ****.

You guys seem to be confusing "not telling you what I'm thinking" with "not doing anything at all."

Some people learn more by stirring the pot, other by watching how others stir the pot. I'm one of the latter.
Vote: Xatres

Here's the deal, you and Lunchables are the lynch pool, one of you WILL die toDay at this rate, if neither of your play sharpens up, the other will die toMorrow. I know nothing about either of your thoughts and there's no reason to hide your thoughts with how little content we have.

@ JeXs JeXs Vote Xatres with me, that'll bring him to L-1

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
You guys will have to forgive me if I'm not sweating at the pressure, as I literally have this same conversation in almost every game I play. I don't mind making myself look a little scummier if it creates a different kind of interaction than just "everyone give their reads and bicker about it."

I play this way because not only can I avoid giving premature reads (which I hate), but I can also add a twist to the game that most players aren't prepared for.

HOWEVER, you are very correct that the game is stalling out right now, so it's time to change things up a bit. So here are my thoughts on the game so far.

Asianaussie, I'm definitely reading you as town at this point. It's easy for mafia to fake having reads, but it's a lot harder to fake reactions to unexpected playstyles (such as mine). You definitely play the surly/aggressive town stereotype to a T.

JeXs is also town in my book. I stand by my analysis from early in the game. He's playing a pretty standard game, particularly for a mini, being honest about the strength of his arguments and cautious not to overextend himself or push too hard on a questionable slot.

Individual play aside, you have both been very active and willing to put yourselves out there. We can pretty much rest assured that at least one of the slower/inactive players is scum, either by pure statistics (as we likely have 2 mafia vs 5 town) or simply by how we judge the players who have been regular posters so far.

Of the less active players, I'm inclined to suspect BadWolf at the moment, although like I said before, he hasn't given us much to go on. His johns about being at a con I'm willing to accept as legit, but I don't see how anyone could apologize for not having read the entire thread when the thread's less than two pages long. It just reeks of scum trying to give themselves ways to back out of bad readers later in the game.

I also think BadWolf's analysis of JeXs was way off. JeXs was pretty clearly making it known that he was more interested in lynching scummy players than inactives. If he had a decent argument AGAINST JeXs reasoning, he should have made it. Instead, he simply repeats the phrase "I don't like this, I don't like that," which I generally find to be a minor scumtell. Mafia tend to unconsciously use noncommittal wording when attacking town players, in order to give themselves an out later.

The remainder of the cast I either don't have an opinion on or my opinion isn't solid enough to be shared at this point. Hope that helps.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
that's more like it

im not sure i agree with jexs' play being 'standard' (by what standards, anyway?), but whatever

Here's the deal, you and Lunchables are the lynch pool, one of you WILL die toDay at this rate, if neither of your play sharpens up, the other will die toMorrow. I know nothing about either of your thoughts and there's no reason to hide your thoughts with how little content we have.
why is badwolf excluded from this pool? he's done just as little as lunchables, if not less, and im pretty sure your vote on him was a pressure vote

i kind of get gorf being out of the lynch pool since he did do some stuff (not much, mind you)

@ JeXs JeXs Vote Xatres with me, that'll bring him to L-1[/COLOR]
even before he posted content, why would getting him to L-1 have been a good thing?

lunchables please address my #76

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
k can someone tell me why there's not much more jex hate? can someone point me to the posts that show his motivation to find scum? cuz like the guy seems like he made a COMPLETE 180 mid 2nd page from lolaggro to... tryna emulate his meta but it's coming off as awkward? idk, but to me jex just SCREAMS newbscum.

JeXs

Smash Champion
So can you explain how I'm trying to emulate my meta?

#HBC | Gorf

no, that's why i wrote it the way i did. it's hard to explain but i am more curious to see the explanation as far as why people think you're town, cuz most of what's been said is just that people think you're townie but your play tells me otherwise.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Day 1!

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Lynch Nominees

JeXs 2 {#HBC | Gorf, #HBC | Badwolf}
Xatres 2 {Asianaussie, #HBC | Bunzy}

L-1
L-2
L-3

Other Cast Members

Lunchables
#HBC | Bunzy
#HBC | Gorf
#HBC | BadWolf
Asianaussie​

Deadline is August 9th, 24:00 GMT-5

@Lunchables has received a prod.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
vote jex

[/b]fos lunch/badwolf[/b]

more on that in the morning
Are you seeing what i'm seeing in 86?

Sorry for posting inside your quotes here Xatres, i'm lazy.
Asianaussie, I'm definitely reading you as town at this point. It's easy for mafia to fake having reads, but it's a lot harder to fake reactions to unexpected playstyles (such as mine). You definitely play the surly/aggressive town stereotype to a T.

I can agree

JeXs is also town in my book. I stand by my analysis from early in the game. He's playing a pretty standard game, particularly for a mini, being honest about the strength of his arguments and cautious not to overextend himself or push too hard on a questionable slot.

Go into detail about why this is townie, since your interpretation would make me think he's scummy in a game like this.

Of the less active players, I'm inclined to suspect BadWolf at the moment, although like I said before, he hasn't given us much to go on. His johns about being at a con I'm willing to accept as legit, but I don't see how anyone could apologize for not having read the entire thread when the thread's less than two pages long. It just reeks of scum trying to give themselves ways to back out of bad readers later in the game.
Does BW's play look similar to Lunchable's play?

why is badwolf excluded from this pool? he's done just as little as lunchables, if not less, and im pretty sure your vote on him was a pressure vote

i kind of get gorf being out of the lynch pool since he did do some stuff (not much, mind you)
You answered your own question, it was pressure. BW in my experience is more liable to get replaced for inactivity then respond to pressure so i'm going to keep the pool at two 2 people I can get information out of who otherwise won't provide before getting lynched. Speaking of which, my lynch pool is one person wide right now;

@Lunchables Vote: Lunchables

I'm not ignoring BW, but based on meta i'll be surprised if he's active enough to not get replaced regardless of pressure.

even before he posted content, why would getting him to L-1 have been a good thing?
Aussie, pleeeeease think about your questions before asking them. Being at L-1 is pressure, you already figured out I was applying pressure.

#HBC | Gorf

@Lunchables talk or you're lynched. i don't want you toDay cuz i think the chances of you being cautious town are high enough to warrant pause, but you've transcended careful and are being straight up unhelpful. if you're dumb and town, i PROMISE ill stop these clowns from lynching you.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I can't really keep up with the game well at all. I'm not home as often as I thought I'd be >_>

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Alright, I just went through some of the posts.

tbh I'm not quite sure how I feel yet, no one has been lynched so we have to go off of peoples behavior and due the inactivity and the TALK about the inactivity it gives me less to go off of. I know its mostly my fault because I'm one of the people who has been gone...

who else is being inactive? Or is it just me now?
Town

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

[Qoute="#HBC | Bunzy, post: 17215847, member: 114309"]Vote: Lunchable

There's 68 posts in this thread total, READ, it's an easy to answer question.
[/quote]
Very bad vote you should know better

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

bunzy, i really hate having to grill the only other person who wants to get **** done, but imo #66 and #75 are a whole lot of nothing. A lot of summary and berating with few (if any) directed questions that are too easy to slink around, plus some empty threats, which I have nothing against, but I have learned to never overlook

I mean, it's not even your fault, everyone else is doing jack-all for various reasons, but I can't let you slide just because you've posted more than a few fluffy one-liners.

why did you unvote? what purpose does it serve, we already knew your vote wasnt a justified one and the chances of a sudden quick bus would be both absurdly out of place and honestly quite suicidal for whoever voted

tell me, what do you think of gorf's #36? honestly, you can even speculate flavour for all i care, but did that actually influence your reads, like it seems to have? (you tell me, poe's law is a thing)

no, please stop talking about inactivity

this is the list of people from most to least active, not that it's even slightly relevant

me/xatres when i grilled him/jexs' lack of content
bunzy
everyone else (gorf voted i guess)

answer my question in #64 please

what even is the point of this post? if you've played resistance you should know that uncertainty is the real name of the game, especially early on

ill tell you that im town. did that change your read on me at all? did gorf's #36 make you think he was actually miller?
Tooooown

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Aussie, that 66 was pretty much just me venting, that 75 is trying to get lunchables to do ****.

Vote: Xatres

@ JeXs JeXs Vote Xatres with me, that'll bring him to L-1
No no no no.

Maybe settle for xat if we can't lynch jexs / bunny but lunchables is just an inactive townie

JeXs

Smash Champion
What did it make you feel ?
Scum lean on that post for me. He votes me and says that I'm being dense while not explaining a single thing then goes on to say that my honesty is the only thing going for me without any explanation AGAIN. I also highly doubt that that's the only thing he had thoughts on. There were many more posts in the game at that time. Just pointing out that one post that I responded to asianaussie with is pretty lazy.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Total disagreement.
Town bunzy doesn't make that vote at that time imo and especially not for those reasons

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Jexs post: 17238494 said:
Scum lean on that post for me. He votes me and says that I'm being dense while not explaining a single thing then goes on to say that my honesty is the only thing going for me without any explanation AGAIN. I also highly doubt that that's the only thing he had thoughts on. There were many more posts in the game at that time. Just pointing out that one post that I responded to asianaussie with is pretty lazy.
Why scum lazy over town inactive lazy ?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Combine them with the reasons I stated and it's scum.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
rake i dont get why you think lunchables is town from that post

i also dont think there was that much to comment on past RVS and nitpicks back when badwolf made that post

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
EBWOP

Very bad vote you should know better
Explain.

Vote jexs

Pretty obvious right here guysz
Perfectly fine with this vote.

@ Dabuz Dabuz im not sure. i think it's peculiar that it wasn't followed up but 86 in and of itself says little to me.
I thought it was peculiar he was on Xatres' case (as much as he can be in a low inactivity game) but instead of joining me in a wagon that at that point of the game wouldn't lead to a lynch, he not only didn't join, he chose not to commit to a side of joining or not at all and he didn't get back to it. For a townie I would expect his thoughts on both Xatres and my slot to be solid enough that he would make a stance when I asked him to join the wagon and maybe it's a misread, but I expected he would join the wagon pretty easily. Sorry if this explanation doesn't make perfect sense if someone wants i'll explain better when i haven't just woken up. (just ask cause otherwise i'll be lazy)

No no no no.

Maybe settle for xat if we can't lynch jexs / bunny but lunchables is just an inactive townie
Why lynch me?

Why is lunchables town?

Top Bottom