• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini-creation thread: SSBU with 100 Fighters (Job 15: Indie character)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Okay, so I'm too tired to do a vote, so...

! CHALLENGER APPROACHING !

imageedit_3_6690569300.png

Scorpion
Gets Over Here!

I'll be honest, I didn't really want to continue this thread, but I decided to anyway against my better judgement. No offense to any Mortal Kombat fans on this site, but the results here tell me that most of you don't see SNK as important even though I explained why it is.

That said, I'm not going to hold it against anybody here, I'm moreso just sad that SNK was almost completely glossed over. Let's just move on to the next job.

Job 11: Submit a Nintendo character from the Switch era

Just keep in mind not to submit characters newer than 2019. My submission is Byleth.
Byleth Eisner_SSBU.png

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
A few concepts spring to mind for this job - but one in particular sticks in my mind as a pretty obvious candidate, even if it's not the one you might expect.

Character Name: E.M.M.I.
Character Origin: Metroid Dread (2021)

One of 2021's most critically-acclaimed games, probably one of the most hyped sequels in the last 15 years, and a new beginning for a franchise once presumed dead, Metroid Dread is the best-selling game in the entire series. That said, whilst this game introduced a couple of interesting candidates for the Smash series, I personally think E.M.M.I. is one of the most intriguing. Sure, a certain spoiler might be the fan-favourite, but there's a few reasons behind this choice.

Firstly, E.M.M.I.'s playstyle could easily be unlike anything we've seen before in the Smash series. Its vaguely-humanoid physique is capable of bending and twisting in unnatural ways, and the variety of skills and abilities that these robots possessed in Dread could easily be rolled into one for a frighteningly versatile and fast-paced heavyweight. In addition, E.M.M.I. features heavily in Dread's marketing overall, is a continual and reoccuring mechanic and enemy throughout the game as a whole, and has a striking and visually unique design that'd easily differentiate it from Ridley or Dark Samus as other Metroid antagonists.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
A few concepts spring to mind for this job - but one in particular sticks in my mind as a pretty obvious candidate, even if it's not the one you might expect.

Character Name: E.M.M.I.
Character Origin: Metroid Dread (2021)

One of 2021's most critically-acclaimed games, probably one of the most hyped sequels in the last 15 years, and a new beginning for a franchise once presumed dead, Metroid Dread is the best-selling game in the entire series. That said, whilst this game introduced a couple of interesting candidates for the Smash series, I personally think E.M.M.I. is one of the most intriguing. Sure, a certain spoiler might be the fan-favourite, but there's a few reasons behind this choice.

Firstly, E.M.M.I.'s playstyle could easily be unlike anything we've seen before in the Smash series. Its vaguely-humanoid physique is capable of bending and twisting in unnatural ways, and the variety of skills and abilities that these robots possessed in Dread could easily be rolled into one for a frighteningly versatile and fast-paced heavyweight. In addition, E.M.M.I. features heavily in Dread's marketing overall, is a continual and reoccuring mechanic and enemy throughout the game as a whole, and has a striking and visually unique design that'd easily differentiate it from Ridley or Dark Samus as other Metroid antagonists.
Updated my post to say "no characters older than 2019".

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Submitting Dragapult
1695344825876.png

One of the newcomers from Sword and Shield, Dragapult would be a fun addition for smash. This Pokémon can use Dragon Darts, Dragon Rush, Phantom Force and Dragon Breath and the final smash, Dragapult can dynamax and preforms dynamax type dragon move

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
DAMNIT I MEANT NEWER THAN 2019
OH! (I am so sorry for the misunderstanding then!!) In that case, whilst Qbby comes close but probably doesn't technically count:

Character Name: Octoling
Character Origin:
Splatoon 2 (2017)

Hoo boy, this one might be a little controversial - but I'll start with this leading statement.
OCTOLING IS UNIQUE FROM INKLING.
Hopefully, I have your attention.

Splatoon 2 was a massively popular Switch game shortly after launch, releasing in 2017 and featuring a DLC campaign in the form of the Octo Expansion in 2018. Now, the Octolings have existed in the series from the beginning, but they were introduced in a playable role within this game's DLC (and then the rest of the game after completing it.) Since then, they've maintained a high degree of popularity and relevance - and are actually played more commonly in Splatoon 3 than Inklings (where they were both selectable from the start for the first time!)

As for why I think this is justified - a few reasons, really, part of which includes the fact that Splatoon's current representation in Smash is very first-game centric, so this inclusion would allow us to bolster that representation with a new character, a new stage, more music and spirits - you get the idea. They'r also a lot less spoilery than certain characters that would work from this game, as well as cross-promoting the still-recent (at this time) Octo Expansion. Actually, yeah, I'd have the default design be based on Agent 8, but with other looks as alts. However, I'd also suggest that Octoling has more than enough potential as a unique fighter from Inkling, with the two really only sharing the baseline ink mechanic.

In general, Octoling is more refined and methodical, not sharing Inkling's energy but matching it with a generally slower but more powerful moveset. It'd function uniquely, of course - focusing heavily on newer weapons to the franchise - but I can imagine they'd also have a couple of similarities to provide some thematic symmetry (akin to Donkey Kong and King K. Rool), and maybe a few little nods like a similar sprinting animation and whatnot.

For instance, y'know how Inkling's "main weapon" in Smash is the Splattershot? I'd have Octoling's most prominent weapon be the Splat Dualies - though I'd also include others, like the Inkjet as an up special, Tenta Missiles as a Final Smash, the Octobrush for a few more close-up attacks - you get the idea. There's so much potential that I don't think they need to be an Echo Fighter at all!

Also please add a Sanitized Octoling alt with Dedf1sh's glasses I will love you forever thank you

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Lora (with Jin & Haze)

From the standalone expansion from Xenoblade 2. A prequel that dives deeper i to several interesting characters from the game & some new ones. Gameplay was switched up a bit for this expansion & could offer some unique potential from Rex/Pyra.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Sidon_Sage.png

Sidon (Breath of the Wild)

Really popular Zelda character with potential for a really fun water themed moveset using his staff.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Character3 votes x # of times2 votes x # of times1 vote x # of timesTotal
Byleth​
3 x 2 (6)​
2 x 2 (4)​
1 x 1 (1)​
11​
Dragapult​
N/A​
2 x 1 (2)​
1 x 2 (2)​
4​
Octoling​
3 x 1 (3)​
2 x 1 (2)​
1 x 1 (1)​
6​
Lora​
N/A​
2 x 1 (2)​
N/A​
2​
Ring Fit Trainee​
3 x 3 (9)​
2 x 1 (2)​
1 x 1 (1)​
Sidon​
N/A​
N/A​
1 x 1 (1)​
1​

! CHALLENGER APPROACHING !
SSBU_spirit_Ring_Fit_Trainees.png

Ring Fit Trainee
Will Ring You Out!

Job #12: Submit a stage, songs and Spirits for each Challenger Pack in Vol. 1

This here is meant to be a breather job until the next character job. Here are few rules:
  • The stage has to keep both casual and competitive play in mind; in other words, not so competitively-focused that it's boring, but also not so wacky that it's unplayable
  • No more than 35 songs for each Challenger Pack, and no more than 16 Spirits for each DLC Spirit Board
  • For Spirits, the bare minimum is that you list the names, but you can do Spirit Battles if you’d like.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
do I havs to do spirit battles or can I just l list the names?

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Crash Stage - Warp Room (art by Piode)

Hub area that will transition to several iconic series levels similar to Castle Siege

Crash Spirits

1. Dr. Neo Cortex
  2. Aku Aku & Uka Uka
  3. Coco Bandicoot
  4. Polar & Pura
  5. Dingodile
  6. Tawna Bandicoot
  7. Dr. Nefarious Tropy
  8. Nitrus Oxide
  9. Dr. Nitrus Brio
  10. Dr. N. Gin
  11. Ripper Roo
  12. Crunch Bandicoot
  13. Nina Cortex
  14. Tiny Tiger
  15. Fake Crash
  16. Spyro (if allowed)
Mortal Kombat Stage - Khan Arena

Similar layout & gimmick as KoF Stadium

Spirits
  1. Sub-Zero
  2. Reptile
  3. Raiden
  4. Liu Kang
  5. Sonya Blade
  6. Johnny Cage
  7. Kitana
  8. Mileena
  9. Ermac
  10. Shao Khan
  11. Goro
  12. Sindel
  13. Jax
  14. Quan Chi
  15. Kenshi
  16. Shang Tsung

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Prompt3 votes x # of times2 votes x # of times1 vote x # of timesTotal
Gen 8​
N/A​
2 x 1 (2)​
N/A​
2​
Female Nintendo
3 x 2 (6)​
2 x 1 (2)​
N/A​
Represented​
N/A​
N/A​
1​
1​
Ensemble cast​
N/A​
N/A​
1​
1​
Unrepresented genre​
N/A​
2 x 2 (4)​
N/A​
4​

Job #14: Submit a female Nintendo character

For me, it's Edelgard
Edelgard von Hresvelg.png

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My submission: Hatterene

While My preferred choice is Hattena, I think Hattena would be better as part of a Trio team (with Boltund and Corviknight). Hatterene is an all female species that is Psychic/Fairy with a big temper to boost. Hatterene‘s moves include Dazzling Gleam and Psychic, can deal damage with their hair and can Gigantamax as a final smash

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Sami (Advance Wars)

We need to fix the lack of Advance Wars on the roster especially with plans for Reboot Camp.

Top Bottom