• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minecraft Mini Mafia ~ The End

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

Minecraft Mini Mafia
~ all your blocks are belong to us ~
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rules:
1. Be nice
2. No cheating
3. Don't make me chase you for poor activity
4. Once you're dead, don't post in the thread, and don't 'like' anything either.
4a. Exception: You are allowed one 'go town' or 'go scum' post.
5. Don't talk about the game outside of this thread while it's running, whether you're dead or alive.
6. Do not quote, link, or otherwise directly refer to any part of any conversation with me, including your role PM.
7. Also don't quote any private communications with other players, including hydra partners.
8. Don't edit your posts. Multi-posting is fine.
9. Don't post during the Night phase.
10. You can vote and unvote with appropriate bolded commands. If it's not bold, it doesn't count.
11. If I come up with any more rules, you have to follow those too.

Important Information:
All roles are assigned at random
You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours.
If you don't send me a Night action, no action will be taken.
If you don't reach a lynch, no lynch will occur.
If you have any problems or questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Playerlist:
1. Kursed
2. Stick Dude
3. Captain Hotcakes
4. HunterNinjaReaperPirate
5. #HBC | Gorf
6. Kantrip
7. RosalinaSGS

[collapse='Navigation']Day 1 begins
Day 1 ends
[/collapse]

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If you signed up or would otherwise like to play in this game, send me a PM / new conversation.

By sending me a PM wishing to play, you agree to the following:

you have read the rules in the post above
you understand how voting / lynching works
you understand how the Day / Night cycle works
you will be available to play this game in the following weeks
you will aim to check / post in this game at least every other day.

If this is your very first mafia game, or forum mafia game, feel free to ask questions in this thread, or to PM me.
This post provides an overview of the mafia basics. wiki.mafiascum.net is a good resource for more information.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@Sodo @ Stick Dude Stick Dude @ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf @ Kantrip Kantrip @ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
How do I send a PM? :nervous:
Top right of screen, there's an envelope. Click it, scroll down to create new conversation, and in the recipient's box copy paste Kary's name, or just write it out. fyi, the line in the name is shift backslash (the button above enter on a mac)

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
Top right of screen, there's an envelope. Click it, scroll down to create new conversation, and in the recipient's box copy paste Kary's name, or just write it out. fyi, the line in the name is shift backslash (the button above enter on a mac)
Thank you. :grin:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kursed is filling Sodo's spot.

Role PMs are sent, and Day 1 begins.

^ click me ^

Votecount 1:0

[0] Kursed -
[0] Stick Dude -
[0] Captain Hotcakes -
[0] HunterNinjaReaperPirate -
[0] Gorf -
[0] Kantrip -
[0] RosalinaSGS -

[7] Not Voting - Kursed, Stick Dude, Captain Hotcakes, HunterNinjaReaperPirate, Gorf, Kantrip, RosalinaSGS

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is Saturday 30th May, Midnight GMT (6PM CT)

Last edited:

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
BTW, this is my first game of mafia, but I have experience with Town of Salem.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Vote: Gorf

Cos... Gorf

To answer your question, starting off on the First Day of a mafia game is usually rather awkward, as we usually have nothing to start discussion with. And even when there is, it can be difficult to read anyone, and results in random questions being asked (RQS: Random Question Stage) As we have no stimulus in this game, as in most mafia games, we usually have RVS (Random Voting Stage). We can question these random votes, and see what results. It's a suboptimal option, but usually the only one available. It seems illogical, and to some extent it is, but it's the case of the lesser evil.

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
To answer your question, starting off on the First Day of a mafia game is usually rather awkward, as we usually have nothing to start discussion with. And even when there is, it can be difficult to read anyone, and results in random questions being asked (RQS: Random Question Stage) As we have no stimulus in this game, as in most mafia games, we usually have RVS (Random Voting Stage). We can question these random votes, and see what results. It's a suboptimal option, but usually the only one available. It seems illogical, and to some extent it is, but it's the case of the lesser evil.
Thank you. I understand your logic, but I'm gonna avoid random voting for now.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Thank you. I understand your logic, but I'm gonna avoid random voting for now.
Ok sure, but since you're online:
What do you think of Kantrip's counter-vote on Kursed?

Also, forum mafia is quite different to Town of Salem, as we use a lot more logic, most of your actions will have to be defended, or at least reasonable, and the Days/ Nights are significantly longer.

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
Ok sure, but since you're online:
What do you think of Kantrip's counter-vote on Kursed?

Also, forum mafia is quite different to Town of Salem, as we use a lot more logic, most of your actions will have to be defended, or at least reasonable, and the Days/ Nights are significantly longer.
tbh I would have done the same thing as Kantrip.

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
I know I said that I'm going to avoid random voting, but if someone votes against me on Day 1, I'm probably going to counter-vote.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I know I said that I'm going to avoid random voting, but if someone votes against me on Day 1, I'm probably going to counter-vote.
Why though? Is someone scum just because they think you're mafia? Wouldn't that make you scum for thinking anyone else is mafia?

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
Why though? Is someone scum just because they think you're mafia? Wouldn't that make you scum for thinking anyone else is mafia?
No, I would not assume that they're mafia just because they voted against me on Day 1, but I would counter-vote to show that I'm not happy about it. :p

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
That doesn't mean that I'd counter-vote instead of lynching someone who's probably mafia.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
lol seriously tempted to pile on...

@ Kantrip Kantrip How about answering Kursed's question. And why are you voting Stick now?

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
@ Kantrip Kantrip Cmon' man explain your vote.

Why would you pile on? Believe it or not, I have a pretty decent reason to vote for Stick Dude. It's not strong however, so there is no reason to be so ******* early at L-1 on him.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
@ Kantrip Kantrip Cmon' man explain your vote.

Why would you pile on? Believe it or not, I have a pretty decent reason to vote for Stick Dude. It's not strong however, so there is no reason to be so ******* early at L-1 on him.
I know, but it'll be ******* funny to lynch someone a day after a game starts. Note that I said I was tempted, but I didn't do so. I still want to win.

Anyway, back to business. You say you have a legitimate reason on Stick Dude, care to share?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1:1

[1] Kursed - Stick Dude,
[2] Stick Dude - Kursed, Kantrip
[0] Captain Hotcakes -
[0] HunterNinjaReaperPirate -
[1] Gorf - RosalinaSGS
[0] Kantrip -
[0] RosalinaSGS -

[3] Not Voting - Captain Hotcakes, HunterNinjaReaperPirate, Gorf,

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is Saturday 30th May, Midnight GMT (6PM CT)

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
cos... Gorf. Gorf's... you know... Gorf. Just read the social thread if you want more clarification.

(tbh, I'm not too sure myself, but I get the feeling Gorf's... you know, Gorf. (yeah, that's kinda circular, but that's pretty much the best I got on Gorf))

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
yo cappy why do you particularly care about rosas vote on me and not about, oh i dunno, stick dude schenanigans?

that is all for now :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
What's the point of countering my vote?
The same as your point in voting me to begin with.
tbh I would have done the same thing as Kantrip.
Do you think that it's particularly productive to vote someone for the sole reason that they voted you first? What does this accomplish? Do you think anyone who votes you must be scum?
I'm with Stick Dude on this one
Wouldn't like to be voted against with no reason why
Nobody likes to be voted against with no reason why, but that's not the point Stick Dude is making. Do you think that voting against someone just because they voted for you is helpful towards the goal of lynching mafia?
Vote: Kursed
Why vote Kursed instead of me when we both voted for you?

@ Kantrip Kantrip How about answering Kursed's question. And why are you voting Stick now?
I've answered Kursed's question, and I voted for Stick for the same reason as I voted for Kursed.

Top Bottom