• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mind Your Naners

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
First: don't read this bull**** if you're not gonna comment. Just Watch the Vid (and comment on youtube instead, lol)!
I made a combo/highlights video. I want feedback. Things I know: I only play against one person. This one person is probably one of the best falcos out there. My video isn't made up of me playing ****ty randos at tournys. Mick is good, and knows how to react.
Sorry about the loud audio. Wasn't that loud when I was editing, and didn't care enough to re-export it.
I've never seen anyone do the spike I show here. Its obviously not that creative, but you can get it out of many things, and you should always be ready to execute it if the chance presents itself.
Also, sorry for ****ing up the single nana lock. Still pisses me off, but I've never been able to really get it on Mick. He's very aware of it, so **** off, that was the best I could do.
Lastly: Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ZvOEnbnOY

Player-1

Smash Legend
I read this expecting some random scrub Diddy wade some terrible combo video and was about to start trolling you, but it was actually pretty good (aside from the same person/character like you said). It implemented a lot of underrated things that Diddy can do which I've been trying to evolve more recently. The spike is indeed known, ADHD discovered it when the SNL was discovered as something you could do to finish the opponent off and it's only a true combo on certain characters all the time such as jigglypuff, I think falco can escape it most of the time by grabbing the ledge, but all characters can get hit by it if they're spaced correctly from the ledge.

oh and btw my friend who plays falco who is also named mick vs your mick :3

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
That was a great combo video. Your style reminds a lot of mine. The only problem is that some of the clips were too long and they would have been better if they were shorter . I did see a lot of new cool stuff though

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
Haha, thanks Player-1. Was expecting some scorn from you based on other threads. Glad you enjoyed it. Ya, I'm pretty sure Falco can't get out of it. There's a few frames where he's vulnerable. Timing the hit is difficult though. Ya, me and Mick are always down to play some other people. Everyone we've played have pretty much sucked (I wasn't too impressed with that Zeks guy...). We don't have much time to hit the tourny scene, but would love to find anyone good. Can't believe there's another dude who plays falco named Mick. They should totally play. He's working on his combo video, so should be up in a week or so.

And Kaptain Kong, I have practiced the single nana lock. Its just so rare for me to get it on Mick that I got a little excited and ****ed it up. lol. I do know how to get the spike off, no worries.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Really cool video man, had a few tricks I hadn't seen before. And that banana tech chase thing at 3:50...I'm totally stealing that :190:

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
Great! Glad you guys liked it. Ya, I posted something with that tech in it earlier, and people were saying that it was a diddy gimmick (got me all pissed off). I've found alot of practical applications for it. The best two being the setup for that spike (I know its not a true setup, but works on lesser players) and just an extra hit before a grab (which works 99% of the time). Really does effect the mind of the other player too. Even if trip > dsmash might be more damage, I like to do this like once a match just to **** with em.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
your tech chasing is great.
it's like i'm watching melee or something.

Top Bottom