• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Milesg2g: Wave1

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Ok Folks this is my first chapter of the Wave Chronicles I'm doing for my series of combo Videos.

Remember I said once I finish Wave1 I'll get started on the Ness Allstar Combovideo "Dirty Socks" I believe we all agreed on?

Anyway this is my CV I hope you like and enjoy.

Pay close attention to how I tried to point out the combo damage w/ video effects.
The Dirty Socks Vid will be better I'm sure because we'll have more footage but yeah.

This CV Series is dedicated to a rapper that's in jail. So all of his music will be played throughout most of the Series lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPaF16DTQdY

So enjoy, rate, and comment.

^_^ and be ready for Dirty Socks ^_^

milesg2g

Smash Champion
If you pay close attention
Or if you just automatically notice
These vids have a very good Quality you almost don't even have to put them HQ

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
good stuff! only complaints: a couple of the combos were a bit stretched out over time and at 5:50, you could have gotten a free uair out of the pkflash.... or at least i believe its free no matter what....

Uffe

Smash Hero
The effects are good, but I'd try to limit a lot of stuff like how every time you went for an attack, something would happen with the image of the video such as grayscale, wobbling, slow motion, etc. Here's an example of how you can use those effects in a combo video.

UnTouchAble - The Critical Touch Combo Video

Check what happens in the video that I linked at these times:

1. 0:09 - It starts up the music right when Ike lands on the mine.
  2. 0:31 - The first part of the title of the combo video shakes right when the crash hits.
  3. 0:42 - A similar effect happens at this point for the rest of the title.
  4. 0:52 - At this point, Meta Knight uses his Shuttle Loop as a killer move and the music syncs perfectly with it.
  5. 1:03 - Luigi uses his Green Missile on Meta Knight and the crash hits at the same time.
  6. 1:28 - 1:35 - Pretty much the same thing happens at 1:35. Try to sync the audio with the kill moves.

If there is a stutter in the music, you can slightly chop the clips apart, making it skip about a millisecond so the video goes with the audio. You see what I'm saying? A great example for something similar would be at 5:50 - 5:52. There is no stutter, but there is a whirring sound in the music in that video that goes very well with Toon Link's Up B. Of course you don't want to overdo all of this. The video doesn't necessarily always have to go with the music. But these are just some general ideas that may help a combo video look nice such as the one I linked.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'd reccomend not rap, and less effects.
Tooooooo many effects. No effects is best probably.
Yeah thnx guys a lot
I really need good editing feedback

When I actually sat down and watched it myself i realized there were too many effects and too many different ones for that matter
but I wanted to get everyone else's opinion.

As Far as music goes I won't use rap for all of my CV's
Just The Wave ones.
The rest I'll do other music
I'll also start speeding up the clips since that makes things look more drastic and epic

Uffe

Smash Hero
MM looks good, I think. I mean that video you linked in the first post doesn't look bad. I was just making suggestions on how to use those effects. As long as you know how to use them, you can try to sync them with the music. The best way to do that would be to compile the music and mix it. After that all you'll need to do is just put the clips of the video in their places and things should come out good. That's how they did it in the link I posted. They used the music first and then placed whatever part they wanted after.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I wish I could make a combo video, but I have little to no footage that is good and almost no way of getting that footage to my computer...

Does anyone know of some multi-card reader (USB/FireWire) that I can get for cheap?? I'll probably just go tiger direct, but I want to know of good ones first...

mobilisq

Smash Ace
i use a pinnacle dazzle for the stuff i record, and it works fine.

i just run it on a crappy computer so i cant record at absolute best settings and so on, but ive tested a few seconds of it to get the idea and wish i could.

Top Bottom