• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mikeneko - New videos from June [SRBT 1-5]

Nike.

Smash Hero
In the Brood/Nietono matches, he tripped into an usmash/fsmash in like every single game. Dude's got the worst luck lol.

Though it may just be due to nerves, he has a major choke moment 1-2 times a game. Perfect example is the upb suicide when he was an edgeguard away from 2-0'ing Nietono.

I also feel like he knows exactly how to play against Olimar, but will moderately abandon his well-thought out spacing game and just blindly attack. Obv most Marths (especially me) do that, but that's why we're not on the same level as him/Mike/Ramin/Leon. Feels like he KNOWS what to do, but purposely doesn't want to. Does anybody else feel the same? Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nevermind, I just saw the set that was uploaded a few hours ago. He beat Brood again.

Omg it was beautiful. Take back everything I said.

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
mikeneko will use ds really well most of the time and net some great kills, but there's moments like nike said where he just uses an atrocious ds and i have to facepalm as he gets punished. but his reads are godlike.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Nike

Neo once made a post about that after a tourney [he changed his playstyle to more aggressive] he placed particularly well at. The "big 3" Marth players [Ramin, Mikeneko, MHaze] all don't play aggro "just because" but because they choose to do so. And with a good reason. The ago-old "Marth has a sword, he shuts down most approaches" attitude is still sticking in way too many people's heads. Marths defensive tools hardly shut down anybody. Most characters have a mix of walking + longest range aerials that allows them to compete with walls of fair, nair or dancing blade.

For a long time I've found that it's unproductive to think of these moves as means to win for Marth. To me it makes more sense to look at them as a way to force the opponent into a tactical draw - if Marth has the lead then it can shut the opponent down. If the opponent has the lead then Marth's walls don't do ****. Match-ups like Kirby, Pikachu, Sonic and others will forever be even because of that fact. MK also doesn't really give a damn about it. Marth isn't a space animal or Diddy Kong - against MK Marth has to take risks at times or it'll be simply a question of time for MK to win the walling battle. At this point it can hardly be considered coincidence that it's the Marth players who tend to take the risk that vouch for the match-up to be only +1 in MKs favor [and place better] whereas all the Marth players that overrate / overemphasize his ability to shut down characters were the ones that thought MK ***** Marth [and place worse].

:059:

C.J.

Smash Master
Wow @ vs Brood game 2, 3:09 until the end. That was all incredible. Amazing reads, solid gameplay, great DI.

DKMikey

Smash Journeyman
Is fthrow-->fthrow-->upsmash a guaranteed combo on Meta Knight? :awesome:

[See 6:11 with Mikeneko vs. Selcia]

Also, I love seeing Marths pull of what he did @ 6:37. :D

Nike.

Smash Hero
The first game against Peach, there was a few times where Peach would do fair -> jab and Mike would try to shieldgrab it :(
He also missed the first 2 edgeguarding situations, and then adapted like a pro on the third try (at 4:10). It made me so happy.

Top Bottom