• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mike Nims will beat you up and then bench press your prone lifeless body

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322392

An American Tall Tail: Fino goes to South Dakota instead of Texas

Results

Brawl Doubles ($2 per team)

7 teams.

#1 Joker/Jlo ($10) :snake: / :peach:
#2 Bpow/MRM ($4) :metaknight: :warioc: / :wolf: :link2:
#3 JBM/Skizm :marth: / :gw:
#4 Majik/DYosh :rob: / :yoshi2:
#5 JMan/Selodin :sonic: / :sheik:
#5 Mike/Sm3esh :samus2: / :peach:
#7 Yosh/Quito :kirby2: / :fox:

Melee Doubles ($2 per team)

7 teams

#1-Sm3esh/Majik ($10) :foxmelee::marthmelee: / :foxmelee::ganonmelee:
#2-JBM/Bpow ($4) :foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee: / :jigglypuffmelee::marthmelee:
#3-MegaRobMan by himself since Nims forfeited. :sheikmelee:
#4-Jman/Selodin :falconmelee: / :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
#5-Joker/Skizm :linkmelee: / :zeldamelee: :peachmelee:
#5-Jlo/Yosh :peachmelee: ? / :yoshimelee: :falcomelee:
#7-Kobo/Quito :foxmelee::falcomelee: / :falcomelee::foxmelee:

Brawl Singles ($5)

11 People

#1-Joker ($32) :snake:
#2-MegaRobMan ($18) :wolf:
#3-Jlo :peach: ($5) :noness:
#4-Skizm :gw:
#5-Sm3esh :peach: :fox:
#5-Bpow :metaknight: :warioc:
#7-DarkYoshi :yoshi2:
#7-JMan :sonic:
#9-Selodin :sheik:
#9-JBM :marth:
#9-MK Mike :samus:

Melee Singles ($5)

11 People

#1-JBM :foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee: ($32)
#2-MegaRobMan :sheikmelee::zeldamelee: ($18)
#3-Sm3esh :foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::falconmelee: ($5)
#4-Majik :foxmelee::ganonmelee:
#5-Selodin :falcomelee::foxmelee:
#5-Cue (forfeit, personal matters) :falcomelee:
#7-Yosh :yoshimelee:
#7-JMan :falconmelee:
#9-Kobo :foxmelee:
#9-Jlo :random: (Jlo I don't know you played)
#9-Skizm :peachmelee: :zeldamelee:

Thank you to everyone who came.

We'll probably do another one pretty soon, like the 21st or 28th of July or August 5th.

I guess we will try and have more strict times for the next one, but I mean, it's hard to have a tournament when half the people don't show up until whenever. Also me not giving a **** about when it ends (because I'll be up anyway) probably is bad but again, oh well.

Also running both doubles at the same time was a bad idea, next time we will do doubles by game. Singles it doesn't really matter but doubles it does.

Shouts to people when it isn't 5:17 a.m.

Kobo

Smash Rookie
Selodin went all fox for south dakota melee doubles and all ike for brawl doubles

:phone:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Thanks Dan for putting up with everyone so long

Special shout outs to Tyser/JBM's school of "hey, you suck less than before, but try ______" for the good tips and pointers. Highlight of the trip, seeing improvment in my melee game

And Insta Uair is a lot easier with A and joystick, i was able to catch Falco and Fox on the ground. ****.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
ADDITIONAL RESULTS

FRISBEE GOLF

#1-MegaRobMan +7 ($6) [The best part is that I said before it that I didn't think I could play the entire game because I was too hurt, I was telling the truth though]
#2-Joe$ +9 ($2)
#3-MK Mike +13
#4-Shawn
#5-Sm3esh
#6-Yosh
#7-Keith
#8-Jake

Shouts

Overall-This tournament was fun, I loved it (other than Mike forfeiting). Being a TO makes it really difficult to play friendlies so I'm sorry to everyone who wanted to play me a lot in friendlies, a lot of it was due to lack of set ups, time to properly prepare for the amount of people that actually showed up and my inability to focus on life this week outside of the major and multiple tragedies that my family has been going through for like 2 weeks or so, plus on the other, completely opposite/exactly the same tragic feelings, my other cousin is getting married on Tuesday as well.

Also it was really ****ing hot and people were just kinda on sweat, moan and groan mode.

Sorry about how late everything went, kinda.

Iowa-I want to lecture you guys about remembering that Jlo exists lol. This tournament could have been ran a bit smoother if you guys hadn't told me you were bailing because you forgot Jlo was driving the day before so I could have cleaned up a bit more and better organized it from the beginning, because I was totally asleep when you guys called me. You probably should have texted me when you were leaving at least instead of calling me that minute.

That all being said THANKS FOR COMING IT MADE IT ALL SO MUCH BETTER <3 <3 <3 <3

Jlo- Special non-shout out apology for my additional time added to the tournament due to non-TO duties. I hope you weren't screwed at work.

Nebraska-Bring TV's like I say to. Please.

South Dakota-Thanks for being cool and driving forever and practicing.

Joker-One of these days I won't run into every single trap possible. You still have a habit of spot-dodging every single time I rush up to you, and one of these times I'm going to learn the timing to stop and actually grab you more than 20% of the time, because I knew it was coming so many times and I was like "fUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC" when I biffed the stop and grab, just like a frame or so early :/

Jlo-You seriously almost beat me in a match with ness, lol. Dude you are still so good, if you had some of the wolf practice for juggling at low%'s you probably would have taken a game off me. Unless you did in winners, idr. Thanks for coming and sorry Nebraska is a bunch of lazy people who let tournaments start at 10 p.m.

Skizm-I seriously almost lost it laughing when you just spammed every single kill move for like 7 seconds, like you didn't even move and I almost ran into at least 2 f-smashes. I can't believe we actually played a game on Japes, and that we played losers finals a round too early.

Sm3esh-I won't be happy until I beat your Falcon in tournament. That being said I'm glad I finally have a quality in state win in melee. And you really need to quit smoking so much METH and should focus on beating Ninja Gaiden. Then Megaman. Also way to go showing you are the #3 brawl player in the state baby, actually beating someone from Iowa.

Bpow-Why is it that you think you can beat Joker, and DO beat Joker, but you DON'T think you can beat me and you don't beat me? Confidence is huge, and you have been on tour playing games for so long that you should have came in here and thought first place was evenly yours. You don't think you are good at singles. I think you are.

DarkYoshi-Great to see you again, I'm glad to hear you are the best player in your entire dorm building. Keep going to tournaments if you can, you've only lost to really good players so far down there in texas.

JMan-Sucks you couldn't come play disc with us, you probably would have won, no one played very well. Something that the others may not have gotten to you is that you gotta play through the momentum, we were pretty even in one of our matches until I got the kill, and then you started just being really unsafe and I took advantage of it and built that huge lead.

Selodin-You are pretty good in both of these games I was kinda surprised, with more tech skill you probably would have taken some more games off me in friendlies. Thanks for coming and I hope that you decide to come again.

Megamanrelated-What is your favorite megaman game? X game? Why? As I said I am sorry we didn't get to talk as things were a bit hectic, but there are a lot of megaman related threads on smashboards that I am involved in, such as the megaman national.

JBM-lol dude if I would have beaten you in winners finals...oh man I wouldn't have heard the end about how late the tournament was ending, hahahaha. But who knows, maybe I wouldn't have beaten sm3esh in winners and I would have ended up losing and not getting 2nd so yeah, cool. Also you beat me pretty convincingly in GF, it's not like I took a set off you.

MK Mike-Kyle Williams holds on the to ball better than your attitude is :p Thanks for quitting, glad you convinced me to team with you.

Majik-Welp, you should have beaten me but didn't. Hopefully your LOL is going well for you. And I think you had a lot of fun playing brawl so you should consider playing that.

Cue-Thanks for letting me use your TV (I'll try and get it to you sometime soon but my back is still too bad for me to carry it), sucks you had to leave.

Yosh-You like laying on that couch. Ninja Gaiden level 3-2. For an hour. And I'm sorry that David just comes to knock you into losers bracket and leaves afterwards, it's just his motto.

Kobo-I could see some serious development in your game in teams, it was pretty obvious who was doing work on your teams.

Quito-Your name is hilarious especially since you asked for your $5 entry fee back after both doubles events were over. You should play vs...

Eric-You should have stayed and played more people if you want to get good, not just come back and play vs me.

Tyser-You owe dan a dollar. Also you sounded like you were coming out of the closet when you said "Since none of you guys are interested in melee, I think I'm gonna give brawl a shot again". You asking me about the D3 metagame was so hilarious I forgot to laugh. And I mean it more like I blew a funny fuze.

Shawn-4's all day long baby.

Jake-5's all day long baby.

Keith-Glad you had fun.

Joe$-Beating you in frisbee golf with a bad back was about as rewarding as getting 2nd in both games :0 Not financially, but still, suck it.

We'll probably do another one pretty soon, like the 21st or 28th of July or August 5th.

good stuff jbm

wish I could have seen rob vs smeesh, would have been interesting to watch
Oh, JBM wins another tournament and it's good stuff JBM :p j/k

Seriously though, our set was pretty intense but he didn't play as Falcon so it doesn't really count.

Outside of JBM (lol marth/sheik when sheik plays gay) I don't really like me winning vs secondary characters for sets as far as getting a "Quality win", I mean, I'll take it, but for pride, which matters more than tournament wins, it doesn't set as well with me.

A lot of <3

MRM

p.s. suck it joe.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Good tip, and something I noticed too late.

Also, you should switch selodin's stuff for dbls

Good set with Tony btw: game 3 was tech chase city - :falcon: vs :fox: Final Destination. :awesome:

More motivated than before to put in time toward tech skill, and especially being faster/more fluid. We are currently in debating as to if we can feasibly make one late july/early august. But the following for sure. Bimonthly may just be more practical for us, that drive is a ***** man...

:phone:

Jace08

Smash Lord
yeah I'm very impressed that you still are willing to drive that far JMan. Same to those who went with you

maybe I'll be able to convince the crew to go to one of these so I can falcon ditto you again

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
maybe I'll be able to convince the crew to go to one of these so I can falcon ditto you again
**** :colorful:

Also, if i want to progress, i "need" to. No one but Selodin/Kobo/myself will touch Melee. So we only know the Falcon, Spacie, and apparently peach MUs (kobo cant decide on a main :awesome:)

Plus being airmen, we have pretty steady income, its not really a financial burden, and its a ton of fun. I mean, if NE players were *******es, we wouldnt have ever come back. Good skill/helpful/chill makes it worth a weekend of getting away from base at the very least

resTy

Smash Champion
Tyser-You owe dan a dollar. Also you sounded like you were coming out of the closet when you said "Since none of you guys are interested in melee, I think I'm gonna give brawl a shot again". You asking me about the D3 metagame was so hilarious I forgot to laugh. And I mean it more like I blew a funny fuze.
I thought I said no homo, guess not :/ And have JBM give Dan a dollar since he owes me money for the energy drink I bought for him.

But on the real, I don't plan on playing in tournies anymore, even locals.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Hahaha thanks Brandon.

Rob this tournament ran too late, besides that it was fun.

Honestly had you beaten me you know those would've been the johns i used. I don't mind admitting that. I was off that first set watching you play 4-5 sets of brawl. I enjoyed the matches, but I could've been out of there by like 1AM instead of 230AM.

Thanks Iowa for making it out it was good gaming.

Selodin/Jman thanks for making the long trip, and good games. Im not sure who your other friend was but it was also good gaming with him.

Smeesh i think you would be way better if you didn't SD.

Im about to go Tyser status if tourneys can't run faster. Its just no fun waiting that long.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Also, you should switch selodin's stuff for dbls

We are currently in debating as to if we can feasibly make one late july/early august.
Ugh, I'll change stuff later :p

Alright well let me know, idk what the date is yet for Nebraska.

Hopefully my parents go out of town the 5th so we can use my place instead of dans.

Do it, make sure it's the next one so SD has to come too. :p

Good skill/helpful/chill makes it worth a weekend of getting away from base at the very least
too chill :p

I thought I said no homo, guess not :/ And have JBM give Dan a dollar since he owes me money for the energy drink I bought for him.

But on the real, I don't plan on playing in tournies anymore, even locals.
You might not have.

shoutouts to jbm for being the best partner
Yeah, it's hilarious you can get 2nd at big regionals and can't get 1st vs Joker/Jlo with me. I'm so bad at doubles, like I kinda started doing well at times but Joker just has my # in doubles, at least. I think I can beat him in singles next time if I stay in practice ish (not an ishy namesearch bait).

tldr; Top 5 wolf, doubles don't matter.

Rob this tournament ran too late, besides that it was fun.

Honestly had you beaten me you know those would've been the johns i used. I don't mind admitting that. I was off that first set watching you play 4-5 sets of brawl. I enjoyed the matches, but I could've been out of there by like 1AM instead of 230AM.

Im about to go Tyser status if tourneys can't run faster. Its just no fun waiting that long.
Yeah I know, but people not bringing set ups, putting ganja and head of video gamjas, and Iowa saying they weren't coming kinda put it on the slow.

I guess it's on me to have a real start time.

Like last time when I said there would be a venue fee, the next time there will be a real start time.

And I tried to play melee between the brawl sets up Iowa HAD to leave so I HAD to do that.

Top Bottom