• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
So Spear Pillar is most likely gone, pretty neutral towards that really. I'm not sure if Xerneas is a Pokéball Pokémon or not, but if it is, would that point towards a new Pokémon stage originating from Gen V, with Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem/whatever being stage hazards?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So Spear Pillar is most likely gone, pretty neutral towards that really. I'm not sure if Xerneas is a Pokéball Pokémon or not, but if it is, would that point towards a new Pokémon stage originating from Gen V, with Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem/whatever being stage hazards?
I'm guessing that it would be Dragonspiral Tower

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Why's everyone saying Dragonspiral Tower? That place feels so uninspired, N's Castle is much more iconic, I just hope it has violent stage hazards to shut up the Spear Pillar haters.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Would certainly be more interesting than a Pokemon Stadium 3.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I really wonder if that the pokemon bank release have to do with sudden pokemon reveals. Remember when the japan ease post about Xearnas implied that game freak didn't want to have stuff revealed? maybe it's over now

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Hey, I actually liked Spear Pillar. Me and my sparring partner (aka best friend) would practice on it all the time. The both of us can still fight even when it's reversed or flipped upside-down, we took it as a sort of challenge to see if we could still fight properly during those instances.

Man it was hilarious to see the faces of other players when the stage flipped, and everyone just watched the two of us duking it out as if we were still playing normally.

Ah, good times. Good times.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Also love Spear Pillar. And I still Think the 'competetive players can only battle on quiet, "boring" stages!' thing is silly. Skiller players can battle well on stages with hazards. I've seen some of the better players battle, so I don't see why they would have trouble with a Dialga shooting easy-to-Dodge-or-even-shield beams.

Anyways, tomorrow's pic will totally be Mewtwo, Calling it now. And even if there's just a tiny chance for that, expecting big things like that are fun, cuz' that way, you have something to look forward to, no matter if it happens or not.

peachy!

super princess
I really wonder if that the pokemon bank release have to do with sudden pokemon reveals. Remember when the japan ease post about Xearnas implied that game freak didn't want to have stuff revealed? maybe it's over now
It’s an interesting theory. I just read it’s now available in North America as well.

Hopefully this means we will start getting more Pokémon-related reveals. A stage is long overdue!

MEWTWO HYPE. :estatic:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ouch... this most likely confirms that Spear Pillar is gone. But Palkia's looking pretty badass in that pic!

I kinda like Spear Pillar. Granted, the major thing I dislike about the stage is the looping. However, I do really like Dialga and Palkia's mechanics and knowing them, while your opponent doesn't, can certainly put you at an advantage. Not too sure how I feel about Cresselia though. But it's stages like that where I love learning various mechanics, and I think it's pretty interesting. Like Frigate Orpheon's rotation mechanic... totally love it. Though that wonky ceiling... not so much lol.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not entirely sure how I feel about Palkia being a Pokeball item, Palkia seems a little irrelevant as of current. I was hoping that they would choose Pokemon based on interesting mechanics. He seems like the hack and slash type.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, Palkia is a very weird choice, specially after the 5th and the 6th gen.
Well, at least I can hope for Dialga's theme of PMD as a music in the Pokemon stage XD

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Don't listen to those Red players, Blue is where it's at.

And inb4 no Mewtwo tomorrow and people get mad for getting excited for no real reason.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I am not entirely sure how I feel about Palkia being a Pokeball item, Palkia seems a little irrelevant as of current. I was hoping that they would choose Pokemon based on interesting mechanics. He seems like the hack and slash type.
Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys and Rayquaza sure were irrelevant for Brawl too. Carrying the already pretty obsolete relevancy argument over to Pokéball Pokémons is pretty... eh...

It seems quite logical to me that Palkia, Dialga, Zekrom, Reshiram, Yveltal and Xerneas will be Pokéball Pokémons, probably cutting a few of the older ones like the 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen ones to make room for the new guys.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys and Rayquaza sure were irrelevant for Brawl too. Carrying the already pretty obsolete relevancy argument over to Pokéball Pokémons is pretty... eh...

It seems quite logical to me that Palkia, Dialga, Zekrom, Reshiram, Yveltal and Xerneas will be Pokéball Pokémons, probably cutting a few of the older ones like the 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen ones to make room for the new guys.
I'm starting think Xerneas is a stage element/hazard for a new Pokemon stage. Cause as we all know with the Pokemon Stadium stage we usually get as another stage such as Poke Floats and Spear Pillar. So I'm not expecting the X and Y legendaries be Poke balls but rather stage elements similar to how Dialga and Palkia where stage elements in Spear Pillar.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys really think they would reveal Mewtwo in a regular update?. Honestly, he/she/it looks more like Direct material or even E3 material to me...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Hey, I actually liked Spear Pillar. Me and my sparring partner (aka best friend) would practice on it all the time. The both of us can still fight even when it's reversed or flipped upside-down, we took it as a sort of challenge to see if we could still fight properly during those instances.

Man it was hilarious to see the faces of other players when the stage flipped, and everyone just watched the two of us duking it out as if we were still playing normally.

Ah, good times. Good times.
That's what I'm getting at most of the time, instead of complaining about how it's not "True Skillz!!1!!1!" they should just do the thing they talk so much about...what was it...? OH YEAH, PRACTICE!

Also, I think Reshiram and Zekrom are much better stage material on N's Castle.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Tomorrow's Pic of The Day:
"Mewtwo strike's back as a new Pokeball Pokemon, just in time for his Birthday"

This would be everyone's reaction:

Morbi

Scavenger

Please elaborate, the mere mention of the word relevancy somehow alludes to the notion that I am an advocate of that argument? Perhaps, if you had read the post in its entirety, you would realize that I was insinuating that it seems awkward to select a Pokemon that is obscure without regarding the fundamental function of the Pokemon. I could be wrong, as I stated, it is apparent that he is a generic hack and slash type, that doesn't mean he is.

Secondly, Groudon and Kyogre were quite unique with different mechanics. Deoxys and Rayquaza were quite prominent during the pre-Brawl era. I don't necessarily think that Palkia has that. Palkia was actually diverse in Brawl, but now we have Spacial Rend. It seems odd, I cannot fathom why that is. I did not imply that they should have selected a more relevant Pokemon. I just feel as though it would be odd to have Gen 4 legendary Pokemon stripped of what makes them unique, especially if they decide to omit Gen 5 legendary Pokemon that could have done the same exact thing. With Palkia, we get Dialga, Roar of Time seems obvious, a generic beam. Hurray!

Edit- I somehow forgot to mention, this is strange to me as I thought Spear Pillar would have been fine to return. It was obviously one of the more unique stage options and it was quite fun. The stage-hazards were not entirely dangerous and you could still represent Dialga, Palkia, and Cresslia without resorting to generic moves. Palkia was great BECAUSE he could manipulate space. Dialga was great BECAUSE he could manipulate time. Now we have generic hack and slash with a generic beam (if he wants to keep the game consistent).

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Do you guys really think they would reveal Mewtwo in a regular update?. Honestly, he/she/it looks more like Direct material or even E3 material to me...
People are really expecting Mewtwo? No no no. Mewtwo is certainly a big deal to return, he will have something huge.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I doubt we'll get another bit of Pokemon news tomorrow. Hell, I kinda doubt we'll get another Lucario pic. But maybe that's just hope? X]

Morbi

Scavenger
I doubt we'll get another bit of Pokemon news tomorrow. Hell, I kinda doubt we'll get another Lucario pic. But maybe that's just hope? X]
I don't know, I am anticipating another Lucario picture; however, if I recall correctly, he usually only gives us 3 character pictures after the reveal. After that, he gives us some variety.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I'm hoping for a Pokemon stage. BTW we haven't gotten a 3DS picture yet this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom