• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I guess I don't agree, Mewtwo would still be a Veteran, why would they do a special announcement for him anymore then any other vet? Sonic only got one being a 3rd party and Luigi just to play into the whole year of Luigi thing. I just don't see it.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I guess I don't agree, Mewtwo would still be a Veteran, why would they do a special announcement for him anymore then any other vet? Sonic only got one being a 3rd party and Luigi just to play into the whole year of Luigi thing. I just don't see it.
I understand this logic, and since he'd be the first returning vet after a game of absence, it's hard to tell what Sakurai would do. Personally I think it depends on how much, if any, changes he received. If it's enough that he's basically a brand new fighter, I could see a trailer. If not... PotD reveal seems possible

Morbi

Scavenger
It directly depends on how they implement Mewtwo, if they just polish him and haphazardly throw him in the game, I don't see him getting a special announcement. If they give the character an overhaul or implement a drastic feature/mechanic change, such as Mega Evolution, he would probably get a special announcement just like Sonic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if we'll get a big dump of Dedede pictures soon.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No one really cares about Olimar as there aren't really any significant changes aesthetically or mechanically... unless he can now only use 3 Pikmin. That isn't necessarily something you want to "show off" though.
...But we need to know...
SAKURAI?! WHY ARE YOU TAUNTING US?!

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I wouldn't mind seeing more Olimar, though yeah, I have a feeling Sakurai is staying away from him because he will actually end up having only 3 Pikmin, which most people won't appreciate.

Zelda is who I'm really curious about,even though I'm not expecting anything major, it's still weird to me that she was shown off so close to the break and than practically not at all when he picked back up.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Maybe because he wasn't in Brawl (which brings into question about his status as a veteran), besides being the most requested character in 99% of the surveys around the world?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wouldn't mind seeing more Olimar, though yeah, I have a feeling Sakurai is staying away from him because he will actually end up having only 3 Pikmin, which most people won't appreciate.
I doubt it, what reason is there to nerf him?
Maybe because he wasn't in Brawl (which brings into question about his status as a veteran), besides being the most requested character in 99% of the surveys around the world?
Why does it matter? He's still a veteran. He was in a game correct?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Ridley would like to have a word with you....

Oh..wait...I forgot about the anti space dragon group...

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
^^ Ummm, if I recall correctly Ridley is not that popular in the East as he is in the West. Mewtwo is extremely popular in both sides of the globe, though.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No one really cares about Olimar as there aren't really any significant changes aesthetically or mechanically... unless he can now only use 3 Pikmin. That isn't necessarily something you want to "show off" though.
There is the possibility of him using Rock and Flying Pikmin. But I think we'll silently have to wait what happens.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I sort of doubt they'd give him the new Pikmin type just because I'm not sure what they'd add. Rock Pikmin seem like they would literally add nothing that Purples don't do. Now a far as flying Pikmin... new recovery? But how would that even work?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I sort of doubt they'd give him the new Pikmin type just because I'm not sure what they'd add. Rock Pikmin seem like they would literally add nothing that Purples don't do. Now a far as flying Pikmin... new recovery? But how would that even work?
I think Flying Pikmin would become a homing attack since they able to fly directly to the target, Rock Pikmin would basically be a projectile that can not stopped just by hitting, it's basically Purple Pikmin, only with much more defense.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I think Flying Pikmin would become a homing attack since they able to fly directly to the target, Rock Pikmin would basically be a projectile that can not stopped just by hitting, it's basically Purple Pikmin, only with much more defense.
In that case I still don't feel like Rock Pikmin add much then. Just kind of becomes a better Purple which would suck for them. Unless they were weaker somehow? Or maybe they are better shield breakers? Who knows.

But I actually really like the idea of Flying Pikmin being a homing projectile. I assume they wouldn't do too much damage though. Either way, it'd be cool, hopefully we see something about Olimar soon.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Didn't Sakurai already say that it's only the five (red, blue, yellow, purple, white)?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I like this idea a lot and feel it should be implemented.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow, Sakurai will reveal Cerulean Cave as a stage for the 3DS version. He'll hint at Mewtwo in the caption, causing mass speculation and paranoia over whether he's playable or a stage hazard (or neither).

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Yam olimar has been so ignored. All he has become is the sign that there will be a reveal if he is in the first pic on the day of a direct.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Tomorrow, Sakurai will reveal Cerulean Cave as a stage for the 3DS version. He'll hint at Mewtwo in the caption, causing mass speculation and paranoia over whether he's playable or a stage hazard (or neither).
When Mewtwo joins the battle, Alfonso takes his place as the legendary Pokemon of Cerulean Cave.

Alfonso: Leave it to me!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Do we all believe it's something Pokemon-related tomorrow? I don't really think so, but then again I was wrong today. It might be a Pokemon-related picture, but I really doubt Lucario will be in it.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Cerulean cave? Why not pokemon village. He will be a stage hazard, and will mega evolve to x or y form depending on the time of day.:troll:

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
:spearpillar:

Personally, I'm glad that Spear Pillar got deconfirmed.
That stage was awful.
Hmm with Palkia confirmed to be demoted from stage hazard to Pokeball, it makes me wonder if perhaps this image from before is of Xerneas being a stage hazard. http://cdn.medialib.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/screens/screenshot_62430_thumb_wide610.jpg Probably just a pokeball as well, but the shot really doesn't show enough to confirm what the stage is so you never know. Maybe Xerneas is the replacement?
Ok Palkia is now a pokeball pokemon this means 2 things 1 spear pillar is not going to be a returner stage
2 I'm 98% sure now that dialga is going to be a pokeball pokemon too
Why are so many people saying that the Spear Pillar stage will be disconfirmed? It's not like you can't have 2 of the same Pokémon on the same stage... You can have 2 Snorlax on the Poké Floats stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee (although technically, one of them is a summonable Poké Ball Pokémon and one of them is arguably a non-sentinent float, but a Pokémon appearance is still a Pokémon appearance), thus exhibiting Snorlax in both "stage element" and "summonable Pokémon" capacities.. The Pokémon games themselves are a bit ambiguous on whether each legendary Pokémon is unique or a part of a multi-member species, but link battles and Pokémon event distributions definitely make the "non-unique" theory possible. Also, if you consider Pokemon Pearl and/or Platinum Versions as contemporaneous with Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, 2 Palkia can "exist" simultaneously - the stationary Palkia available for capture in Pearl/Platinum, and the event-induced Palkia created by Arceus during the HG/SS Cynthia downloadable-content (DLC) event. (This is probably one of the few times that you'll see me using the "legendaries are non-unique" theory, I personally dislike it because it makes legendaries seem less special to me.)

I'm guessing Dialga is also a Pokeball Pokemon. Ho-Oh and Lugia are and Groudon and Kyogre are so I guess it's likely to happen.
I'm late, but woo! Palkia!

I have a feeling that it confirms Dialga as a pokéball too.
In Brawl we DID get Groudon and Kyorge so yea, it makes sense.
Although I guess it's a logical theory to propose, Palkia's return does not affect Dialga's return in the slightest (as in, grouping them as a "pair/type of group"). Super Smash Bros. Brawl had several groups that didn't appear in their entirety within the same capacity (such as being a summonable Pokémon):
-The duo of Cresselia and Darkrai only had one member appear in Brawl as a stage element (Cresselia on Spear Pillar), thus disrupting another Pokémon 'group' (at least Darkrai got in as a Trophy, though).
-The Legendary Dogs/Cats/Beasts only featured Suicune and Entei (with Entei being rather redundant as his Fire Spin attack is quite similar to the implementation of Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire), giving Raikou (who appeared in Melee along with Entei and Suicune) the shaft.
-As if we already didn't have enough Fire-type legendary Pokémon appearances (Ho-Oh and Entei), Moltres is the only one of the Kanto Legendary Bird Pokemon/"Winged Mirages" to appear in Brawl, with Articuno and Zapdos not returning ... And all Moltres does is fly up and damage on contact with a very limited range... :/
-Chikorita, Piplup, Torchic each appeared without their respective regional starter Pokémon companions (although this particular set of Pokémon manages to fulfill the coveted "Fire/Water/Grass" Pokémon elemental triangle).
-in Melee, Totodile is the only one of the 3 Johto starter Pokémon who cannot be summoned from a Poké Ball.

In the end, unfortunately, it's not guaranteed that if one Pokémon of a notorious Pokémon group appears, the others will follow; Super Smash Bros. can easily disregard the 'groups' and do what it wants. In the event that Spear Pillar does not return in SSB4 and Palkia is indeed restricted to being a summonable Poké Ball Pokémon, I would personally prefer that Dialga appears out of Poké Balls, too (mainly because it just irks me whenever one member that nicely complements one or more other members in a "group" (like a duo or trio) is left out).

Yeah pretty much disconfirms Spear Pillar again.

But don't worry, Sakurai will make a new Spear Pillar type stage but with Zekrom and Reshiram as the stage hazards instead. :troll:
I would actually love a Dragonspiral Tower-based stage (or alternatively, N's Castle like so many people have suggested may work, although I haven't experienced it for myself, so I can't really say anything). Dragonspiral Tower appeals to me since it has the cooler name and the fact that we have quite a bit of castle-based stages already (Hyrule Castle 64, Peach's Castle 64, Peach's Castle (Melee), and Castle Siege), although N's Castle could be viable as long as its visuals and layout differ enough, IMO.
Anyways, instead of appearing as a solo stage element, Reshiram and Zekrom could appear simultaneously (referencing the duality of yin-yang and how they complement each other), possibly taking turns attacking on the field with draconic/fiery (Reshiram) and draconic/electrical (Zekrom) attacks. Giant Chasm could serve as a "hidden" version of a stage, with a 50% chance of appearing unless enforced by player controller input (the same as World 1-2's appearance/mechanic in Brawl's 'Mushroomy Kingdom' stage). In Giant Chasm, Kyurem could appear as a solo stage element, transforming throughout his normal, Black Kyurem, and White Kyurem Formes throughout the match, utilizing a mix of draconic and icy attacks, with the occasional fire/electric attack.

And this is a pretty normal practice. Look at the background characters in fighting games for example. More often than not, they are not as detailed as the fighters. Heck, even in Tag 2, they take out all the spectators on stages when you're playing online to lighten the processing lag as much as possible.
Here's hoping that technology and game development progress to a point where we won't need to cut such corners, and the background characters can look just as detailed as the fighters without causing lag. :) It may not happen anytime soon in the future, but the prospect is nice.

I liked Spear Pillar. :(
Guys... what if the new Pokemon stage is Geosenge town, and the stage hazard is...

The ultimate weapon, and when it's fired everybody is disintegrated and loses all of their stocks, and Team Flare are declared the winners as they dance over the bloodstains that were once your bodies? :awesome:

And then they diss your fashion sense at the victory screen.

"Uh Mario, dungarees were so last season!"
"I feel almost sorry for Link, do you see that tunic? Traaaagic."
Or, like... Xerneas and Yvetal do junk, and stuff.
:laugh::laugh: I would love to see someone make a video based on that concept. XD

People ha trouble with Spear Pillar? ._. I thought it was a pretty easy Stage. And one of my favorites (I admit Palkia turning the stage around could be a pain against CPUs). I will miss it.

Palkia looks awesome, though it dosn't look like he would hit much with that small attack~
Spear Pillar's loop is even simpler to run than Temple's, and the stage was awful in a lot of other ways beyond that. I love stages that do stuff or have complex geography more than almost anyone else, but Spear Pillar was finely crafted to be totally unplayable. I can't say I'm going to miss that stage, and I sure hope that none of the new stages are like that.

Of course, I say this like it's a hard rule that two Palkia can't be on the field at once, but we know that's not true. It's easy to make happen in a Pokemon link battle, and if Sakurai wants it to happen in this game, it will.
Agreed with Amazing Ampharos' second paragraph about Palkia.

I'm a bit surprised for the amount of dislike that I've been seeing regarding Spear Pillar's stage hazards... Yeah, they can be irritating at times, but it's just as much as most of the other game's stage hazards. And it seems like Palkia (and maybe Cresselia) is responsible for most of the detested 'Spear Pillar' issues due to the inversion/reversal events. I don't see how one could have that much trouble against Dialga....he mostly just roars (the damaging roar can be easily dodged if you're on the part of the stage below Dialga's floor), shoot easily-dodgeable beams, and slows down time (although I can see how the 'slows down time' effect can be un-fun, especially since it can seem aggravatingly prolonged at times). With all of the 'advanced' combos that require rapid movement of the control stick from left to right, you would think that more competitive players could adjust to the few seconds of the temporary inversions (especially with the left-right switch, all you have to do is switch the analog stick/D-Pad directions). In casual play, I guess the stage hazards can be more detrimental to play (but really, what stage hazard isn't?), but even then, it takes just mere seconds to realize that you have to switch directions for a moment. And if all else fails, just down-smash (typically effective at damaging foes on both sides of you) or shield/dodge/jump until the inversions end.

But yeah, Cresselia and its "boomerang crescent moon" (is that Psycho Cut?) can just...LEAVE. :glare: (I wouldn't mind its "randomly launched beams from the same position" attack being used if Cresselia were switched to a Poké Ball Pokémon, though).

As for "unplayable stages", tell that to the 75m and Mario Bros. stages. :urg: 75m is somewhat better in that the top-right area tends to be relatively free of projectiles, but Mario Bros. is just a sheer onslaught of critters; you can hardly go more than 5 seconds without being hit by something crawling around or bouncing/floating, and all of the tiers/floors can make KOs more difficult to achieve, with limited walk-off KOs as one's primary option... At least on Spear Pillar, upward KOs are easier to snag and you can freely move around, even during the controller input and screen inversions.

KInd of disappointed with this reveal. Not because I like Spear Pillar but rather because I really don't want to see an over saturation of legendaries like the last game. The whole specialness of unleashing a legendary is lost when half of the poke cast consists of them.
I think the amount of legendary Pokémon has been fine so far - 13/30 in Brawl, or 43% of available Poké Ball Pokémon being legendaries (counting Latios and Latias as a single unit, since they're rather interchangeable) compared to Melee's 10/29, or 34% of available Poké Ball Pokémon (these calculations exclude playable Pokémon and stage hazard Pokémon). The number is probably going to increase simply due to the sheer number of Pokémon available (currently being 718-721 total Pokémon as of Generation 6, excluding Mega Evolutions). And the developers compensated with the rarity of the Pokémon anyway, as Mew (and Celebi and Jirachi; possibly Manaphy) have a lower chance to appear compared to Mew and Celebi's rarity in Melee (1/493, or 0.2028%, in Brawl compared to 1/251, or 0.3984%, in Melee), the rate apparently being independent of the rarity of the common/uncommon Pokémon. Thanks to Wolfram Alpha for the conversions!

I honestly don't mind the influx of more legendaries; sometimes it felt like a struggle using most of the non-legendary Pokémon in Brawl, and sometimes even the legendaries can suck. In addition to the generally-useless Goldeen and Wobbufet:
-Honestly, who knew that Gardevoir actually did anything during the first few times you summoned it in Brawl? (for those who don't know, it reflects projectiles; rather useless if no one fighting has a projectile other than the Poké Balls).
-you have to do all of the work if you want Bonsly to do anything (although I guess it's a fair trade-off due to its extreme knockback)
-although a bit clever, the rarity of Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi in Brawl makes it a tad bit harder to collect Trophies, Stickers, and CDs. For those aiming for 100% Completion of Brawl (which includes collecting most/all Notices), the increase in rarity can be a major hindrance. Also, once you're done with the collectibles, they just serve as a Pokémon to stare at and offer you no tangible benefits (unless you happen to be fighting players who go "OMG!!!!11111 MEW!" every time one of them pops up)
-Munchlax's effect, while comical, can potentially be a detriment to the player, and it becomes largely useless if Poké Balls (and the Smash Ball) are the only Items that are enabled during gameplay.
-Weavile has a high chance to fall of off edges (meaning that position is key for it), and Metagross falls off a lot of pretty much all of the moving/traveling/mobile stages (of which Brawl has a lot of)
-It may be just me, but Moltres, Suicune, Deoxys, Piplup, Torchic are easily avoidable. I can excuse this for Piplup and Torchic, but when you have Ho-Oh with a powerful and wide-range attack, it's just jarring that the attacks of Moltres, Suicune, and Deoxys have such pitiful attack radii.
-Manaphy actually has a potentially useful effect via Heart Swap, although its rarity means that you'll hardly ever benefit from it, let alone see it.

I feel that the player should have to put some effort on occasion into positioning with Poké Ball throwing, etc., to score damage and KOs with Poké Ball Pokémon and that there should be a few "dud" Pokémon present in the game, but Brawl feels like most of the common Pokémon aren't too useful, the rarity of some legendaries is not worth their effect, and the legendaries that are useful appear way too infrequently.

I somehow doubt they'd program something that awesome and yet only make it a 1/718 chance to summon it. I use the term "awesome" loosely.
Oh ****, that's right.

In Smash 64, the super rare legendary (Mew) had a 1/151 chance of appearing. In Melee it was 1/251, in Brawl it was 1/493... Gets rarer and rarer with each game.

Most of the legendaries didn't appear that rarely, though. It was just Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi. Maybe for SSB4, we'll have Victini...

-----
I really like the "1/# of Pokémon in current generation" idea, and I get that legendaries are supposed to be rare, but I feel it'll get really frustrating as the series (both Pokémon and SSB) go on. I feel each player should get to see Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy at least once throughout his or her Smash-game-playing career.. (I think I've only seen Manaphy twice n gameplay in my 5+ years of playing Brawl). And yeah, even though the non-Manaphy Mew-esque Pokémon probably don't take up that much coding (use pre-existing 3D model, release goodies, fly up), it makes little sense to dedicate time/effort to stuff that will hardly ever be seen by most players (especially since we're already up in arms about the limitations to stuff that can be seen easily, like playable characters and stages).

Yeah, which sucks because Manaphy has my favorite effect of all the pokeball Pokémon, but it's a freakn' miracle if it ever shows up.
This.

You're a Ridley fan, AND a Palkia fan? Soulmate<3

I will really miss Spear Pillar. I loved that stage. :( The only thing I didn't like was when batteling CPUs, and Palkia turns the stage around, the CPUs aren't effected, making them a real pain.
Yeah, I hated that the computers players cheated like that, but in that event, I just try to redouble my efforts and make sure I win any Palkia-laced matches against computer players on Spear Pillar.

It was the best Gen ever, Platinum was a Gen IV game and Platinum's considered by a lot of people to be the best game on the franchise. It had epic legendaries, epic Pokemon designs, great music, a cool enemy team and the best final boss in Pokemon history (Believe me, Cynthia's a MUCH BETTER final boss than Red, Lance or Gary will ever hope to be).

Worst Gen was II, but even then it was pretty good, just not as good as the other ones.
You clearly haven't played Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and/or Emerald Versions, then. :p Hoenn Champion Steven Stone + Teams Magma and Aqua FTW!

Surprise throwback Pokemon Colosseum stage.
I'm calling it now.
Why not both? Colosseum/Gale of Darkness stage for Wii U, 5th/6th Gen not-Spear Pillar for 3DS.
Although I still dislike the "stage-exclusive" idea, that proposal makes sense... For some reason, I've always envisioned a "Pokémon Colosseum" stage (fulfilling the "Pokémon Stadium 3" slot and coincidentally name-dropping another Pokémon game) with the Legendary Golems (Regigigas, Regirock, Registeel, and Regice), particularly because:
-coliseums tend to be "ancient" and the Regis are largely implied to be from ancient times.
-the Regis were the only non-mascot legendary trio at the time of Brawl's release to not receive any sort of representation (not even as Trophies, Stickers, or a background cameo!) in the game
-they debuted in Generation 3 of Pokémon, tying in with Pokémon Colosseum, a game also released in Generation 3
-DAT BATTLE THEME ("Battle! Regirock/Regice/Registeel")

The visuals for that stadium/coliseum background that you can use to take Trophy pictures with in Trophy Hoard's Diorama Mode in Brawl would work nicely, IMO.

Guys... What if Palkia's ability is to flip ANY stage upside down.
0_o That would be interesting, although I would love it if a common/uncommon Assist Trophy were able to do the same thing.

Hey, I actually liked Spear Pillar. Me and my sparring partner (aka best friend) would practice on it all the time. The both of us can still fight even when it's reversed or flipped upside-down, we took it as a sort of challenge to see if we could still fight properly during those instances.

Man it was hilarious to see the faces of other players when the stage flipped, and everyone just watched the two of us duking it out as if we were still playing normally.

Ah, good times. Good times.
This. While I don't practice on it specifically for learning the stage hazards (I mainly play on it because it's pretty, it has awesome music, and, uh, LEGENDARY SPACETIME POKEMON), I've played on it long enough to the point where I can manage the stage hazards.

---------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm glad Palkia is receiving its signature move, Spacial Rend, now in some form for SSB4, because it didn't make much sense for it to have a beam-based attack in Brawl (I view the Spear Pillar "beams" as Dialga's Roar of Time, mainly because of its anime depiction) and no cutting/slash attacks (as rending/tearing would indicate).

The inversions don't even fit Palkia properly (WTF? what do they have to do with the concept of space?); resizing characters (like the effects of the Super Mushroom and Poison Mushroom) would be a much better to convey the concept of space/volume (small people fighting in a large/vast place vs. large people fighting in a small/cramped space). IMO, the inversions would be much better suited to Giratina (the Giratina and the Sky Warrior movie's Reverse World and mention of mirrors, Pokémon Platinum Version's physics-defying Distortion World, and the theme of antimatter strongly associate Giratina more with inversions and reversals, IMO)

The atmosphere, the reference to an actual location from the games, and the music...twas an amazing stage for just having fun.
This. In contrast to some people, I strongly hope that Spear Pillar returns in SSB4! :) The aesthetics were just beautiful, the atmosphere was properly foreboding, Sinnoh's legendary pixies rarely flew by in "blink and you miss it" background moments to observe you (befitting their rarity and status of legendary Pokémon), it actually felt like you were fighting amidst extremely powerful legendary Pokémon (who don't give a hoot about you and your interface problems), and I would gladly face all of the flips and inversions and reversals just to hear the amazing "Dialga/Palkia Battle on Spear Pillar!" during gameplay (IMO, one of the best feats in Brawl is to survive all of the Interface Screws and your foes' bevy of attacks, simply to be the last one standing on Spear Pillar with such ominous music playing in the background as you secure your hard-fought-for victory).
Also, I felt that Dialga/Palkia were presented like actual powerful legendary Pokémon. With them as stage hazards, Brawl was like "Sure, you can attempt to traverse Spear Pillar to glimpse these mighty Dragons, but don't go in thinking you can control these guys. They don't just "pop out of a Poké Ball (even rarely)" at your beck and call; these dragons are untameable. (And this depiction is how most legendary Pokémon, to my knowledge, are treated in the main Pokémon anime/movies screw Takuto/Tobias and his Latios and Darkrai and the main Pokémon games (plot-wise, at least; attempting to control even just one legendary Pokémon, particularly the "680 Base Stat Total" ones, usually has chaotic consequences, as pretty much all the villainous teams know first-hand).

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
That... was... MASSIVE haha. Anyway, I don't necessarily think Palkia by itself means Spear Pillar won't return, I just didn't think it was that likely to return in the first place . Seems like we tend to get a 2 Stadiums and another, which is what I'm expecting this time around as well. Probably a stage in Lumiouse city?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom