• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see an official Rosalina thread so I'll post this here. I noticed a few things. Rosalina is going to be a monster when people figure her out. She can place the Luma wherever she wants and her throws seem to be have long arcs with throwing opponets into Lumas in mind. The blue star move draws in items, but also deflects projectiles. Basically, Rosilina can block anything or draw them to her, and if anyone gets to close she can throw them away into a waiting Luma who will pummel them at a distance.

D

Deleted member

Maybe on new years we will get Meta Knight because he's sort of in the shape of a party ball lol?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
What a day!!!!!! buffff. finally everything upload! :D

So! all the officials screens from rosalina:
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/rosalina
The only pic that I can put sure for special was that one, the B Up... there is one, the pic of the day in miiverse that make me think in the end of the video that is her taunt... but im not sure :p

And 3 new items: Pokéball, green shell and fire flower

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/items

I also change the B Down special for Mario, with a better picture :)
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/mario

and!, I think after this video, we could almost confirm that the picture of Wii fit trainer with the legs open in the floor is a taunt, im jst guessing because it was too slow in the rosalina video to be a move... so at the moment a put it like taunt. (like the breath picture... that we dont really know what it is but look a taunt... unless it does the same than Jiggly :D:D)
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/wii_fit_trainer
Gotta be honest, website looks like crap.

Also, I noticed that the Lumas may be color coded and certain abilities may be available depending on which Luma she has out. The green Luma seems to always be attacking behind Rosalina. Also, the Blue Luma was on screen when she drew projectiles in, while the Yellow Luma was there when when she blocked a projectile. There's a chance that she could summon a Luma and her specials change accordingly.

I could be over thinking it, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Either we'll see Zelda this month due to ALBW or Jigglypuff considering Pokémon bank will be released. How haven't you guys thought of Pokémon bank?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If anyone has missed the screenshot of the day before Rosalina's confirmation, here it is...

Sakurai: Pic of the day. N-now wait a second, let's talk this through! We don't wanna miss today's Nintendo Direct, right?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Also, I noticed that the Lumas may be color coded and certain abilities may be available depending on which Luma she has out. The green Luma seems to always be attacking behind Rosalina. Also, the Blue Luma was on screen when she drew projectiles in, while the Yellow Luma was there when when she blocked a projectile. There's a chance that she could summon a Luma and her specials change accordingly.

That's certainly a possibility. I also think it's possible that the Luma color just corresponds to the player color, since the four colors we've seen are all player colors (though they're also the most obvious colors in general) and I don't think we've seen a single cut where she summons two different Luma colors(though I could be wrong).

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Raise your hand if you want to see Anit-IceClimbers Rosalina+Luma CHAINGRABS AND COMBOS

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Either we'll see Zelda this month due to ALBW or Jigglypuff considering Pokémon bank will be released. How haven't you guys thought of Pokémon bank?

Because it's not really a game.

Also, I think this further shows that Sakurai has preference for characters that are playable in the canon games and that more girl characters will be given a shot this time around. In a way, Rosalina cut in front of everyone pretty much because of her playable role in SM3DW so this could mean good things for Dixie and Cranky (and potentially disastrous for K. Rool). Also, seeing Toon Link already revealed and yet another girl character in the starting roster gives me the feeling that Tetra/Toon Zelda will showhow make the cut too.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
When i first saw the video, i thought it was a new kirby game for wii u
Then kirby fell onto rainbow road and i thought Kirby would be a special character in mario kart 8. When rosalina showed, i thought she was just confirmed as a character on mk8 until that "rosalina and luma" have joined scene. And i was like OMG YES! OMG YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS.

she looks terrific.

D

Deleted member

This and the fact that this pretty much murders the chances of any other Mario characters becoming playable. That sound you all hear is the sound of that door slamming shut.
It also indicates good things for existing characters. There has been a lot of speculation on us getting few existing veterans this time around, yet I feel as Rosalina wouldn't have been included if there were such a limited focus on existing characters.

It also shows that our view of "deservingness" is skewed and that we really can't predict Sakurai.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I found it funny how the trailer mixed Smash Bros. with Mario Kart, but Rainbow Road is a Mario Kart staple after all.

I bet the Skull Kid is quite jealous of this incident, considering his Assist Trophy confirmation a couple days back.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know, I found it funny how the trailer mixed Smash Bros. with Mario Kart, but Rainbow Road is a Mario Kart staple after all.

I bet the Skull Kid is quite jealous of this incident, considering his Assist Trophy confirmation a couple days back.
Well the WFT trailer mixed Wii Fit and Smash, so it could be a trend if not a pattern for future newcomer videos.

They've both also had Sakurai trolling people into thinking it's a different game at first. :smirk:
Even the first trailer did that.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman

I was just thinking the same thing, here's what I posted in another thread:

"So, as far as Rosalina's moveset goes, what is the general speculation?

I'd say her Up-B is the star move in one of her pics on the site, U-air is definitely her galactic flip-kick. (made that name up) B move appears to be Luma summon/swap, Down B as her reflect/attract move. Send Luma is side/up/down smash moves, and grab is obvious... that leaves tilts, side-b and jab unknown. Side note, different Lumas appear to have different properties, yellow is close quarters combat, Little Mac style, while red appears to have a Waddle Doo like attack, white and green are yet to be seen in combat... that's all I got."

Since you mention it, the green Luma could be a reverse Luma, which would be cool. I don't think her special change, but rather the different Lumas attack differently

Red = ranged
Green = reverse
Yellow = melee
White = ? (got shot in the face, but that was it)
Blue = ?floaty? (did a strange looking jump her Up-B with her, but no combat)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well the WFT trailer mixed Wii Fit and Smash, so it could be a trend if not a pattern for future newcomer videos.

They've both also had Sakurai trolling people into thinking it's a different game at first. :smirk:
Even the first trailer did that.
I guess Toad is to Peach, as Luma is to Rosalina. But it seems that Luma will do more than just do counterattacks, which seems like a pseudo-Ice Climbers type of system.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
When that trailer popped up in the Direct, it had me guessing it was a Mario Kart 8 trailer featuring Kirby, then the Luma showed up and BAM! Rosalina confirmed for Smash 4. Also that new Zelda game looked sick as hell.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I guess Toad is to Peach, as Luma is to Rosalina. But it seems that Luma will do more than just do counterattacks, which seems like a pseudo-Ice Climbers type of system.
Well they're both sort of "helpers" as far as the moveset goes, but Luma seems pretty integral to the moveset as a whole where Toad could hypothetically be replaced (the whole attack, not just Toad himself) with little impact to the moveset as a whole, so I would probably classify Rosalina as much closer to Ice Climbers (though not that close), but also with elements of Olimar.

WokeR

Smash Apprentice
I bet her Final Smash will be something like Tusk's No Mercy from Killer Instinct 2..

a bunch of small comets fall diagonally from the Sky and then a giant Blue Comet at the end.
I would post a video but I'm at work so someone help me out please. :p

Shroob

Sup?
I bet her Final Smash will be something like Tusk's No Mercy from Killer Instinct 2..

a bunch of small comets fall diagonally from the Sky and then a giant Blue Comet at the end.
I would post a video but I'm at work so someone help me out please. :p
So....PK Starstorm?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im wondering but I think the next 2 characters might be newcomers as well? I mean looking at villager megaman and wii fit trainer confirm days they are right next door to each other.

But I would not be suprised if character 20 is another veteran.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Im wondering but I think the next 2 characters might be newcomers as well? I mean looking at villager megaman and wii fit trainer confirm days they are right next door to each other.
That was cause of E3 and initial reveal...

There's no pattern here. Next character will in all likelihood be Zelda. Or if not Zelda, then a Kirby one next month.

I was just thinking the same thing, here's what I posted in another thread:

"So, as far as Rosalina's moveset goes, what is the general speculation?

I'd say her Up-B is the star move in one of her pics on the site, U-air is definitely her galactic flip-kick. (made that name up) B move appears to be Luma summon/swap, Down B as her reflect/attract move. Send Luma is side/up/down smash moves, and grab is obvious... that leaves tilts, side-b and jab unknown. Side note, different Lumas appear to have different properties, yellow is close quarters combat, Little Mac style, while red appears to have a Waddle Doo like attack, white and green are yet to be seen in combat... that's all I got."

Since you mention it, the green Luma could be a reverse Luma, which would be cool. I don't think her special change, but rather the different Lumas attack differently

Red = ranged
Green = reverse
Yellow = melee
White = ? (got shot in the face, but that was it)
Blue = ?floaty? (did a strange looking jump her Up-B with her, but no combat)

I really like this idea...but on the other hand I can see it making a complicated character even more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom