• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
The significance of this is the fact there is another character unique as the Ice Climbers, and if Rosalina and Luma are in, the Ice Climbers are sorta re-confirmed as well.

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
So when do we start talking about some of her moves? she can do something special with projectiles, which is that she just kinda makes it move around her and continue? it seems like a pretty cool idea, instead of reflecting it, it goes past her and hits the next person

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

5 Mario characters that's insane and I can't wait to see the trailer video when it gets posted.

and plus now we get to see how sakurai puts newcomers to his site.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who would have rather had Kirby in Mario Kart?

Aside from that, the best part about Rosalina for me is her playstyle, it seems great and very well done. I just don't really care much for the character, although this does suggest that Super Mario Galaxy Wii U could become a reality. I'd say this was a low priority reveal as far as newcomers go, just Sakurai giving us somebody new to hold us off. The other newcomers? Oh man, I can't wait.

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who would have rather had Kirby in Mario Kart?

Aside from that, the best part about Rosalina for me is her playstyle, it seems great and very well done. I just don't really care much for the character, although this does suggest that Super Mario Galaxy Wii U could become a reality. I'd say this was a low priority reveal as far as newcomers go, just Sakurai giving us somebody new to hold us off. The other newcomers? Oh man, I can't wait.

For the most part this is exactly how I feel about it too, but I'm just very much interested in what her moveset is gonna be exactly, and how it works. I was only able to really get the fact that she fights using the star thing (idk his name, too lazy to scroll up), which can't be grabbed, she has a spike, and something to move projectiles over and past her.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
27:38 people thats what you want. :D

Her appearance trailer is kirby riding his star then flying on the rainbow road track with all mario characters including DK. And Lumas hits kirby causes him to crash luma checks on kirby then when kirby gets up then the mario characters catch up and a little shine happens and that's when rosalina gets shown.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was wondering when Smash Bros. would get this type of fighter. I was never good with them ever, but hey.

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I didn't want Rosalina necessarily (I didn't really have an opinion on her), but that video made me so hyped and she looks so cool that I am honestly really pleased. This gives me hope that the rest of the newcomers are as badass as this.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
It's hilarious because sometimes de "popular" choice (Toad, Bowser Jr.) doesn't make it in.
I didn't really cared about another Mario character but she's x10 times better than those other 2

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The significance of this is the fact there is another character unique as the Ice Climbers, and if Rosalina and Luma are in, the Ice Climbers are sorta re-confirmed as well.
This and the fact that this pretty much murders the chances of any other Mario characters becoming playable. That sound you all hear is the sound of that door slamming shut.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
What this trailer has shown us:
- Pokeballs, Green Shells and Fire Flowers are back
- Villagers Net appears to be his grab
- Villagers trees can be broken down by opponents
- Villagers balloons may change based on what player slot they are (i.e Player one is red, player 2 is blue etc.)
- The Pikimin stage does have pits
- There is definitely Brawls air dodge
- Rosalina has 5 lumas so far: red, green, yellow, blue and white
- Luigi can still crawl
- Olimar still only seen with 3 pikmin
- Boxing ring doesn't have pits, appears to be a walkoff stage
- There looks to be plenty of hitstun
- Can't tell if Rosalina has a crawl or if Luigi is pushing her.
- Her recovery looks to be a launch star pad

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
This and the fact that this pretty much murders the chances of any other Mario characters becoming playable. That sound you all hear is the sound of that door slamming shut.

Yeah Rosalina is definitely the last Mario franchise character to sneak into that closing crack in the door.

I knew we were getting one more character for the Mario franchise. We hadn't have a new one since Melee. It was either Bowser Jr. or Rosalina. Both are staples in the franchise now, so either one of them just made sense to get it.

I guess in hindsight, Rosalina made the most sense to get in over Jr. Her exposure by Nintendo has been so much more lately that I'm surprised I didn't think she was a shoe-in in the first place.

She looks fun to play though. Controlling the Luma as a puppet...interesting character design and I'm all for it. Can't wait to try her out!

...Now in terms of updates, I can't wait for the rest of this week's daily pics to be nothing but Rosalina doing ish lol

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
- Villagers balloons may change based on what player slot they are (i.e Player one is red, player 2 is blue etc.)
- Luigi can still crawl

Great observations. I was going to go back and look but you did the work for me lol

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
WOOHOO! Rosalina looks so glorious! Also, suck it rumors. I don't think a single one of them had Rosalina pegged as a newcomer. Sakurai does it again.

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
- Luigi can still crawl

I was waiting for this post, only to add stuff that I'm not completely sure about like...

-Villager's balloon can be popped easily, making his recovery really vulnerable
-She has the option of fighting without Luma, he had to be summoned
-Luma works very much like Ice Climbers, and will copy all of Rosalina's moves, but will stand still at the location where he's sent (maybe just keep distance until max distance is reached, and then when Rosalina moves far enough, he will follow)
-If Luma takes enough damage, he will fly off and pop

Also the fireflower is of course back in the game, didn't really notice

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Great observations. I was going to go back and look but you did the work for me lol
Thanks, i figured i get on it asap lol

I was waiting for this post, only to add stuff that I'm not completely sure about like...

Yeah there are a few things i didn't do, I figured a team of Rosalina enthusiasts were already on her moveset. And there are things like DK still has his cargo grab and Luigi and Mario still have the same Up Smash I kept up because it's basic. And hopefully the Viilager was in a late stage of his recovery, maybe he has more of a boost and invincibility at startup a la DK or Snake

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, i figured i get on it asap lol

Yeah there are a few things i didn't do, I figured a team of Rosalina enthusiasts were already on her moveset. And there are things like DK still has his cargo grab and Luigi and Mario still have the same Up Smash I kept up because it's basic. And hopefully the Viilager was in a late stage of his recovery, maybe he has more of a boost and invincibility at startup a la DK or Snake

unfortunately you see it get broken only a second after he hits up-B, so unless he has invincibility right at the very moment it's used, then it's still a risky recovery =/ which makes me sad because I was hoping to main him, but he also has his gyroid rocket thing, so that's nice lol.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
You know what, I like this reveal. Finally a Mario character that has a fighting style that looks pretty interesting, rather than U-Air juggles, and B-air for days. I'm still holding out for some Mewtwo, but this will tide me over for awhile. Well done Sakurai, trailer was gorgeous.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
For the most part this is exactly how I feel about it too, but I'm just very much interested in what her moveset is gonna be exactly, and how it works. I was only able to really get the fact that she fights using the star thing (idk his name, too lazy to scroll up), which can't be grabbed, she has a spike, and something to move projectiles over and past her.
She kinda reminds me of Ice Climbers, although with more freedom in Luna as opposed to Nana. Looks really fun to play with, I love de-syncing with the Climbers even though how ridiculously hard it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom