• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also, to the people who are already rolling on the floor freaking out, just because there's a Pilotwings stage doesn't mean there will be a Pilotwings character (although Mii is still completely plausible). Keep in mind that Brawl had Pictochat, Hanebow, and Smashville without representative characters and the sake of this stage is probably to just add more variety to the types of stages overall.
This. You'd think people would consider that after Brawl.

However, my reaction if we actually do end up getting a Pilotwings character-

Meh, but I'll probably get used to any possible PW reps. Just like I probably will with Miss Fit.

But R.O.B. will forever remain my favorite retro rep.

Damn, they're lazy as hell. At least update the graphics. This looks terrible.
Your logic: 8bit stage = lazy.

Pretty sure they did this for retro reasons, just like the Mushroom Kingdom stages in Melee. It's not lazy, it's retro.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This. You'd think people would consider that after Brawl.

However, my reaction if we actually do end up getting a Pilotwings character-

Meh, but I'll probably get used to any possible PW reps. Just like I probably will with Miss Fit.

But R.O.B. will forever remain my favorite retro rep.

Pretty sure they did this for retro reasons, just like the Mushroom Kingdom stages in Melee. It's not lazy, it's retro.
Yes ROB best inclusion ever I mean he got added because of love and unique and his 2 games were indeed the first nes games ever rob just wasn't ready at the time

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I hear you. With Brawl, we started with a handful of stages, a couple of characters, and a Nintendog, and within a year's time, we began to see the game develop before our eyes on the Dojo. With SSB4, I still can't see where the game is going because we know so little, two months into the game's trailer unveil. Will it focus on modern titles more than older titles? With the exception of Mega Man, it sure looks like it. But I could be surprised....BUT I WOULDN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE WE KNOW SO LITTLE.

I guess I'm trying to rehabilitate myself to be grateful for what we're being given. But in actuality, I'm waiting it out until Sakurai throws the fans a bone.
^This is basically how every fan feels right now
Except for me, I know how long and flusterating it takes to design a game of this scale, so I would much rather get a picture a day, and get a character when the games comes next year, then Sakurai write a dojo with his bare (injured) hands, and not receive a character next year. Because instead of writing a long dojo, he could be designing a character.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Good news everyone, there will be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow about previously announced software, so there is a chance we could see what todays picture is all about. Or, we might not hear anything at all, but we can hope. If there is any news of a new character. my bets on the Red guy from Wonderful 101.

EDIT: OPE, Nevermind! Its for games to release THIS year. Well, better luck next time.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Exactly.

That's probably the reason, yeah, but it's still lazy and looks like ****. It's so fugly. I don't want to play on a pixelated 100 % flat stage that looks so stupid.
If they want it to stay pixelated at least give stuff some height like buildings, bushes, or anything. But it's completely flat. I just... dispise it. Hopefully it's just a background (but that's still annoying having such an ugly BG).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Exactly.

That's probably the reason, yeah, but it's still lazy and looks like ****. It's so fugly. I don't want to play on a pixelated 100 % flat stage that looks so stupid.
If they want it to stay pixelated at least give stuff some height like buildings, bushes, or anything. But it's completely flat. I just... dispise it. Hopefully it's just a background (but that's still annoying having such an ugly BG).
First you call Jigglypuff a clone of Kirby, and now this?

We don't even know if we actually fight on the island, for all we know there could be a platform somewhere, and the island is just the backround. A picture of the backround of the Animal Crossing stage without the platform visible was taken as well.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Also remember that Mario Circuit's picture was zoomed out as well, so we might be fighting on a plane or a part of the landing strip

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

We don't even know if we actually fight on the island, for all we know there could be a platform somewhere, and the island is just the backround. A picture of the backround of the Animal Crossing stage without the platform visible was taken as well.
IDK how PW works, but I think it will be like an imaginative define Plaza, where you land in a location, and that location goes from Flaat 8-bit to 3D HD, or at least 3D 8-bit. I think that would be super cool.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
IDK how PW works, but I think it will be like an imaginative define Plaza, where you land in a location, and that location goes from Flaat 8-bit to 3D HD, or at least 3D 8-bit. I think that would be super cool.
That would make a lot of sense.

Also, i see Luigi Fan is being stupid again.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Pilotwings, you say?
If you don't know how to work the Pilotwings, check this:

Any theories of how must be?

vicgur

Smash Ace
I loved how the stage has the same Mode7 feel of the original game.
It's also in a colorful HD, so it looks pretty even though it's simulating SNES graphics.

I wonder how the stage will work. Maybe we'll fight on a plane that flies around the many islands of the game. Well, let's just wait and see.

Anyways, I was looking for possible songs that could be included in this stage, and the first thing I got was:
This stage is gonna be awesome.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I loved how the stage has the same Mode7 feel of the original game.
It's also in a colorful HD, so it looks pretty even though it's simulating SNES graphics.

I wonder how the stage will work. Maybe we'll fight on a plane that flies around the many islands of the game. Well, let's just wait and see.

Anyways, I was looking for possible songs that could be included in this stage, and the first thing I got was:
This stage is gonna be awesome.
I could see them extending it, but keeping it more or less the same. It sounds a bit like Kirby music, though I suppose that may just because they are both 16-bit (it sounds more advanced than chiptune, though I'm no expert on these things).

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Good news everyone, there will be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow about previously announced software, so there is a chance we could see what todays picture is all about. Or, we might not hear anything at all, but we can hope. If there is any news of a new character. my bets on the Red guy from Wonderful 101.

EDIT: OPE, Nevermind! Its for games to release THIS year. Well, better luck next time.
Actually it's for games already announced, so Smash might still have a reveal

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Wonder Red's game was announced before SSB4. He could still get in easily if Nintendo wanted to put him in. :/
If he is in, then that would be shameless promotion xD but he looks cool though. Captain Falcon/Pyrrhon esque is what his personality looks like right now

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I'm getting tired of this...
Am I the only one that thinks this picture has absolutely nothing to do with SSB4?

Seriously guys the OP and smashbros.com hasn't even been updated yet why all the random speculation? I can't just go on believing any willy nilly image is related to smash 4. Have you guy even considered this could be related to the new video game that was announced today. Disney's Planes for the Wii U or any other game beside Smash 4. No you did not consider that you are all h*ll bent on updates for SSB4 that the minute you don't see a new daily pic of the day you go crazy. I for one will not believe this image is related to SSB4 until it shows up in the OP (original post) or smashbros.com. Thank you!

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Exactly.

Boo! Go back to Russia!

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I'm getting tired of this...
Am I the only one that thinks this picture has absolutely nothing to do with SSB4?
Seriously guys the OP hasn't even been updated yet why all the random speculation? I can't just go on believing any willy nilly image is related to smash 4. Have you guy even considered this could be related to the new video game that was announced today. Disney's Planes for the Wii U. No you did not consider that you are all h*ll bent on updates for SSB4 that the minute you don't see a new daily pic of the day you go crazy. I for one will not believe this image is related to SSB4 until it shows up in the OP (original post). Thank you!

It's already in the OP, it's even in the official site...

Every time I see your name I think it says something else...

How would a pilotwings rep work? Op recovery and barrel rolls of death?

Haha, it's actually not the first time someone tells me that but it's ok you can call me Mr. C. Dragon

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
It's already in the OP, it's even in the official site...

Haha, it's actually not the first time someone tells me that but it's ok you can call me Mr. C. Dragon
Well that was actually incredibly misleading...
Why hasn't the Most Recent Photo tab in the OP been updated with this picture. That is the real reason why I found this so hard to believe. I didn't bother to go the the toggle spoiler tab I just saw the most recent photo thing was the same as yesterday and thought, "huh I guess nothing new". Then I see everyone talking about a picture that isn't shown clearly in the OP as most recent photo and I think "Why?" Add this in that smashbros.com hasn't updated yet either with this new photo (trust me I just double checked that a second time) and that is more misleading. So it is my fault I didn't check the toggle spoiler tab underneath the most recent photo tab. Still though the fact the most recent photo tab has not been updated with this picture is misleading, and that could be !DOWN's fault but I probably shouldn't say that it might be a false assumption...

Point is it is misleading the most recent photo tab hasn't been updated with this planes photo and neither has smashbros.com.

EDIT: Okay I just triple checked smashbros.com and now it is finally up on the site where I am. I guess it must be a timezone paradox...
And now the Original Post has been updated and the most recent photo now matches what is going on. Sorry for the confusion

Linkshot

Smash Hero
SakuraiBot (an automated reddit account) pulled the image off of the dojo website, so yes it is related to Smash 4, and yes it is the landing strip in Pilotwings. I sincerely doubt that there will be fighting right on the island unless there's a bit of depth that's hard to catch in the image. If there is depth and slopes, I expect it to be the Delfino replacement. Otherwise, there will be some arbitrary platform thrown into the sky (Smashville, Norfair, etc) and that will be the bottom background.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Seriously, making a mode 7 illusion and then when you're on the island the entire area is actually 3D models. That illusion would be so freaking hype.

Luigi player

Smash Master

It is likely a Background, and I said that in my post too, and that it would be a really ugly background that I don't want to see.

So you'd rather have a pixelated flat ugly background than this?:

Old graphics aren't cool. They would look so much better if they'd look good.
The SSB64 stages in Melee looked really ugly. They should've updated those as well, but they wanted them to be like that or were just lazy. But in the end they look ugly. Even the Melee stages in Brawl don't look good... They have easily all of those options to make it look beautiful, so why not do it?

But hey, I guess that's opinions too. I'll respect your opinion that you want pixelated graphics in a beautiful game were they look totally out of place, and you should respect mine. In my first post about it I was just stating my opinion and got "attacked" for it, so I was just defending myself. It's okay if you like it, and it should also be okay not to like it. And it should be okay to state your opinion about it.

If you don't count Jiggs as a Kirby clone, then you probably have pretty high standards of what a clone is. They copy'd Kirby and changed a few moves. The size, the shape of their body, the many jumps. It's all the same. Yes they have different attacks, but you can't just ignore the obvious stuff. Not to mention Jiggs is completely useless and boring and takes away a spot for a much better/cooler Pokemon, but that is just my opinion.

DPSnumber1

Smash Rookie
Well that was actually incredibly misleading...
Why hasn't the Most Recent Photo tab in the OP been updated with this picture. That is the real reason why I found this so hard to believe. I didn't bother to go the the toggle spoiler tab I just saw the most recent photo thing was the same as yesterday and thought, "huh I guess nothing new". Then I see everyone talking about a picture that isn't shown clearly in the OP as most recent photo and I think "Why?" Add this in that smashbros.com hasn't updated yet either with this new photo (trust me I just double checked that a second time) and that is more misleading. So it is my fault I didn't check the toggle spoiler tab underneath the most recent photo tab. Still though the fact the most recent photo tab has not been updated with this picture is misleading, and that could be !DOWN's fault but I probably shouldn't say that it might be a false assumption...

Point is it is misleading the most recent photo tab hasn't been updated with this planes photo and neither has smashbros.com.

EDIT: Okay I just triple checked smashbros.com and now it is finally up on the site where I am. I guess it must be a timezone paradox...
And now the Original Post has been updated and the most recent photo now matches what is going on. Sorry for the confusion

When the daily picture is not updated yet in the official site, you must Right click on the mouse and press "reload" like Accf124 said before or press F5, It really works

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Every time I see your name I think it says something else...
Lolololololol.

Not to mention Jiggs is completely useless and boring and takes away a spot for a much better/cooler Pokemon, but that is just my opinion.
Just being nitpicky here, but I think a u-air -> u-tilt -> rest combo on pretty much every single character is definitely completely useless. Yep, totally.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It is likely a Background, and I said that in my post too, and that it would be a really ugly background that I don't want to see.

So you'd rather have a pixelated flat ugly background than this?:

Old graphics aren't cool. They would look so much better if they'd look good.
The SSB64 stages in Melee looked really ugly. They should've updated those as well, but they wanted them to be like that or were just lazy. But in the end they look ugly. Even the Melee stages in Brawl don't look good... They have easily all of those options to make it look beautiful, so why not do it?

But hey, I guess that's opinions too. I'll respect your opinion that you want pixelated graphics in a beautiful game were they look totally out of place, and you should respect mine. In my first post about it I was just stating my opinion and god "attacked" for it, so I was just defending myself. It's okay if you like it, and it should also be okay not to like it.

If you don't count Jiggs as a Kirby clone, then you probably have pretty high standards of what a clone is. They copy'd Kirby and changed a few moves. The size, the shape of their body, the many jumps. It's all the same. Yes they have different attacks, but you can't just ignore the obvious stuff. Not to mention Jiggs is completely useless and boring and takes away a spot for a much better/cooler Pokemon, but that is just my opinion.
Alright, I'll respect your opinion, and I'm not going to get into another clone argument.

But, they made it as a retro stage. I can still understand what you mean.

And I also suggest that when you say things like that, you should still mention it's your opinion and point out what you mean by the term "clone" and such before someone replies as you are likely to be criticized, questioned, and attacked. Very few people would call Jigglypuff a Kirby clone, as from what I've seen, very few people would refer to a character as a clone just because of a simlar body type. Most of the time the term is applied to characters who have very similar moves to another character, at least, to my knowledge. You are the first person I've ever seen to have used the term on Jigglypuff and Kirby.

That's as far as I'm going on the whole clone thing. Like I said, I don't want to be in another clone argument.

Luigi player

Smash Master
No one takes you seriously. You're logic is terrible also.
Well, I guess that is your opinion and I have to live with it.

Just being nitpicky here, but I think a u-air -> u-tilt -> rest combo on pretty much every single character is definitely completely useless. Yep, totally.
Well, I'm obviously talking about Brawl here. In Melee she/it was okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom