• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Going to go out on a limb here and say the next screenshot will include Donkey Kong on either version. :estatic:

Hoping that we'll get more 3DS screenshots next week, at least 1 even...

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Hmmm, I will say the next picture will be 3DS and/or include Pikachu or Miss Fit/Villager.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I thought Pit wore a skort thing. Maybe the picture will be him, to elaborate.

In all seriousness I wouldn't mind more pics of some of the new moves/animations character's have gotten. I wanna know what Link's Side B is.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
According to IGN this particular speckled Gyroid goes by the name of Lloid.
Apparently he's a recurring character in City Folk and New Leaf.
Where the Animal Crossing experts at?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Animal crossing expert reporting in~

In the original gamecube version of Animal Crossing, you permanently had an assistant gyroid outside of your house which you used to save and do other things. He had very light spots and was named "Gyroid"

This feature was removed in Wild World, since you could save at any location with the start button.

In City Folk, a gyroid ran the auction house. I'm guessing that because of its unique position as an auctioneer and to differentiate it from the species of gyroid, they named it "Lloid." They also made the spots more prominent

In New leaf, Lloid does a large number of tasks including providing items for you on both the island and in a dream town along with accepting donations for new public work projects. Aesthetic changes to the character were minimal, however the dialogue seemed to give Lloid a little bit more character and be less robotic.

D

Deleted member

I really hope next picture on Monday is not Olimar/Pikmin related.
After Olimar's reveal the previous week, 3 out of 5 images of this week have been related to Pikmin.

As for character appearances within the picture of the day, here's what we have so far:

Mario: 5
Bowser: 1
Donkey Kong: 1
Link: 3
Samus: 4
Kirby: 2
Fox: 2
Pikachu: 3
Pit: 2
Olimar/Pikmin: 3 (2 are without Olimar)
Villager: 4
Mega Man: 5*
Wii Fit Trainer: 5

Going by this, Bowser and DK need some more love. So do Kirby, Fox, and Pit, but not as much.

*Mega Man would technically have 6 if the one image that had just Rush counts.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The giroid(?) That the villager is riding on could be his stage intro, kinda like how Mario pops out of the pipe

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The reason I doubt it's an intro is because he appears to be very high in the air moving horizontally (you can tell from the background position that he's well above the platforms). That doesn't really make sense for an intro.

His moveset is tricky though; I said the bowling ball was probably an aerial, and then it was pointed out to me that when it was shown being used in the developer direct he was actually grounded on a platform. Examining the initial reveal, he's standing on the ground too (teetering on a ledge); I wonder if bowling ball is the world's weirdest fsmash (it's hard to tell on villager's moves if he has the flash that indicates a smash attack's charge point). I really don't know though; we need more footage of the villager in action to really piece together what's going on with him.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There's nothing saying he can't make an introduction come from the top of the stage on a rocket gyroid.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I could have, but i'm not enough of a jackass to use memes, much less use them for there intended purposes, which is oddly enough, to be a jackass
So by your logic... Anyone that uses a meme is a jackass... That's a low blow. Talk about the ultimate killjoy. A meme is defined as expressing you feelings through a gif or image. Sometimes when text isn't enough people use memes to express themselves. It is a great way of showing how you feel and creating conversations on threads. Especially since half the time you can't judge a person's attitude by what they type in a reply. Memes help show if you are happy or sad, excited or angry. To think that whoever uses memes are jackasses is very narrow-minded. Memes can also be used for humor but are usually used to tease about the truth. Therefore memes are not always meant to be funny. I believe the real jackass is the person who is throwing around insults at a person who is just trying to express the way they feel about a topic to add to the conversation. Just because we are on a forum doesn't mean we have act like a recluse and not freely express ourselves. I have also started putting most of my memes as toggle spoilers. And if you still want to be narrow-minded then just set me to ignore and stop being a jackass. I don't need no one being condescending when all I want to do is talk about smash and socialize.
You should have used the image.
this is a pathetic attempt at doing a meme BTW let me show you how its truly done

No but seriously don't do this LOL.
There is a saying, however. "Everything in moderation".
A few meme images here or there is fine, but try not to overdo them. Then it just gets annoying.

As for the ones complaining, really, it shouldn't bother them enough to make a big deal out of it.
Whether they make you giggle or groan, they are rather insignificant in the long run as they don't really affect you.

Honestly, those that choose to make a big deal out of it just sound like this:
And I'll use this post to defend my point about memes Thank you GoldenYuiitusin.

Now I seriously want this to be the last I hear about me annoying people with memes. I have taken it upon myself to not post them as much and to use the toggle spoiler feature as well. In fact Okaz1 is doing it more than me right now. And if you still just don't like it THERE IS AN IGNORE BUTTON YOU KNOW! Now please stop the complaining and let's move on....

Can't wait to see the new picture tomorrow!

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
So by your logic... Anyone that uses a meme is a *******... That's a low blow. Talk about the ultimate killjoy. A meme is defined as expressing you feelings through a gif or image. Sometimes when text isn't enough people use memes to express themselves. It is a great way of showing how you feel and creating conversations on threads. Especially since half the time you can't judge a person's attitude by what they type in a reply. Memes help show if you are happy or sad, excited or angry. To think that whoever uses memes are *******es is very narrow-minded. Memes can also be used for humor but are usually used to tease about the truth. Therefore memes are not always meant to be funny. I believe the real ******* is the person who is throwing around insults at a person who is just trying to express the way they feel about a topic to add to the conversation. Just because we are on a forum doesn't mean we have act like a recluse and not freely express ourselves. I have also started putting most of my memes as toggle spoilers. And if you still want to be narrow-minded then just set me to ignore and stop being a *******. I don't need no one being condescending when all I want to do is talk about smash and socialize.

this is a pathetic attempt at doing a meme BTW let me show you how its truly done

No but seriously don't do this LOL.

And I'll use this post to defend my point about memes Thank you GoldenYuiitusin.

Now I seriously want this to be the last I hear about me annoying people with memes. I have taken it upon myself to not post them as much and to use the toggle spoiler feature as well. In fact Okaz1 is doing it more than me right now. And if you still just don't like it THERE IS AN IGNORE BUTTON YOU KNOW! Now please stop the complaining and let's move on....

Can't wait to see the new picture tomorrow!
Dude calm down lol I didn't posted the meme seriously, I just grabbed a random picture to show Eternal if he could have used the meme (not the caption)

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'm glad I can be sure that every time I click on this thread, someone has pissed you off enough so that you write an essay about it.

I hope the picture tomorrow is something revealing about Mega Man.
All I want is NO MORE WFT Pictures please! At least show us rock or flying Pikmin, or new moves maybe?

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I'm glad I can be sure that every time I click on this thread, someone has pissed you off enough so that you write an essay about it.

I hope the picture tomorrow is something revealing about Mega Man.
Look I just want people to stop b*tching about me annoying them... That's it...

I hope the next picture tomorrow is something for Bowser

Dude calm down lol I didn't posted the meme seriously, I just grabbed a random picture to show Eternal if he could have used the meme (not the caption)
I know you didn't post the meme seriously because no internet meme or meme in general is meant to be taken seriously at all. They are meant to tease the truth. Lastly I had to use a essay because with Eternal calling me a jackass well I wasn't going to let that slide without talking to him like a mom or just lecturing him. LOL

Now I want a Bowser picture tomorrow and if I don't get one I am going to feed my pet rabbit a steak.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Dude calm yo *** down. Getting upset about something that happened days ago; move on. If people are really getting bothered by you doing something doesn't that ring a bell in your head to tell you to stop? If you're going to keep doing the same **** over and again don't get mad when some one grills you about it. Jesus...
Protip: It doesn't help to keep something going by responding to it like that.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Look I just want people to stop b*tching about me annoying them... That's it...

I hope the next picture tomorrow is something for Bowser

I know you didn't post the meme seriously because no internet meme or meme in general is meant to be taken seriously at all. They are meant to tease the truth. Lastly I had to use a essay because with Eternal calling me a ******* well I wasn't going to let that slide without talking to him like a mom or just lecturing him. LOL

Now I want a Bowser picture tomorrow and if I don't get one I am going to feed my pet rabbit a steak.
Your the one that's constantly ********. Go post them on your little meme thread, not here. This thread isn't for memes, it's not for your essays and it's not for all of us to complain about you. So post them there, not here, it's off topic here.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Your the one that's constantly *****ing. Go post them on your little meme thread, not here. This thread isn't for memes, it's not for your essays and it's not for all of us to complain about you. So post them there, not here, it's off topic here.
You know there is an ignore button right? Click on my username next to this reply. You will see an ignore button. Click the ignore button. BAM! Both our problems are solved. Thank you.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Hey what do you know. The ignore button works. Thanks for the tip WB. Now if only there were a button to ignore all replies to someone you've ignored. *sigh* Oh well.

Anyway back to the topic at hand. So... Gyroid... What's up with that? Maybe it's actually part of G&W's moveset and it just looks like Villager is riding it. After all the Gyroid looks kinda like a fire hydrant and G&W does have firefighters as part of his up+b. :troll:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Look guys; Don't reply to something that's annoying you, that will just derail the thread and annoy the mods.

I will eat my hat if tomorrow's picture isn't either Mega Man or Bowser.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I predict with all my predictingness that the next screen shot will not feature ANY character. instead, we'll see a picture of a party ball opening up spilling HD confetti, a bomb-omb, a banana, and a new item that we haven't seen before!
please don't hunt me down and kill me if it becomes true T-T

I predict with all my predictingness that the next screen shot will not feature ANY character. instead, we'll see a picture of a party ball opening up spilling HD confetti, a bomb-omb, a banana, and a new item that we haven't seen before!
please don't hunt me down and kill me if it becomes true T-T

Actually, I would really like that. We need to see some more items.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
THERE IS AN IGNORE BUTTON YOU KNOW!
The problem with using the ignore button is then we can't poker face when we see your unfunny memes and then rage about them.

Inb4 this thread gets locked, do you think the close up on Olimar's shoulder patch is a clue or a foreshadowing of some sort? I can't zoom in properly on my phone, but perhaps it has to do with Pikmin 3 and a new ability Olimar might posses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom