• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
The problem with using the ignore button is then we can't poker face when we see your unfunny memes and then rage about them.

Inb4 this thread gets locked, do you think the close up on Olimar's shoulder patch is a clue or a foreshadowing of some sort? I can't zoom in properly on my phone, but perhaps it has to do with Pikmin 3 and a new ability Olimar might posses?

It seems likely, but I rather think he has got the new look from Pikmin 3.

Some people thought Alph would replace Olimar, because Alph was one of the latest major characters in the Pikmin franchise.
What really happen...

So Olimar instead of any of the new Pikmin 3 crew. :p

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I was expecting Olimar again and then Louie as sort of a clone character

But since Pikmin 3 came out, I expected Charlie instead of Alph/Louie

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
I was expecting Olimar again and then Louie as sort of a clone character

But since Pikmin 3 came out, I expected Charlie instead of Alph/Louie

Aha, I see. But can you tell me why Louie and Charlie? What makes them so special and unique to you? (Just asking)

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
LOL so much text that I have no clue what's under the scumbag hat. Awesome.
I would really just like to see some Kirby Hats already. I wonder what Villagers will be. I'm guessing just hair like Marth/Roy/Ike.
Yeah, now you talking about, I also looking a bit forward to Kirby new Hats.
But what if...

D

Deleted member

So when Pokemon x and y release, anyone expecting Jigglypuff that day? I mean this is the debut for fairy types after all....

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The problem with using the ignore button is then we can't poker face when we see your unfunny memes and then rage about them.

Inb4 this thread gets locked, do you think the close up on Olimar's shoulder patch is a clue or a foreshadowing of some sort? I can't zoom in properly on my phone, but perhaps it has to do with Pikmin 3 and a new ability Olimar might posses?
But it works so well.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
When I saw this picture, at first, I groaned. However, it then came to mind that Olimar and Yellow Pikmin could be staring at something, so the picture suddenly got intense, and the "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" signal below (even if it links to Olimar's page) didn't help the mood either. So I actually got really hyped to see what Sakurai wrote about this picture. However, here I am now, finished reading the quote which simply explained the additional minor features that I've already noticed. It was a nice detailing and all, but if I see another Olimar & Pikmin picture....I think I'm going to be sick.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Yo my man Oliman reppin Hocotate these newbies stealing the spotlight swag on Pikmin 3 no Oliman aint gonna tolerate dat he bringin Hocotate back yo

I still love the Pikmins' derp faces

vicgur

Smash Ace
About today's pic, something I said in the Social Thread:
I'm in love with all these tiny details they're putting in the characters.
Mega Man is my favorite thing. Instead of just making the Arm Cannon appear in a generic "teleporting" way, they made all those mechanisms that make it a lot more real. Also, that Down Smash that makes it have to ventilate is just incredible.
And now they put this update just to show how Olimar has a Holocate logo on his shoulder.

[also, the whistle that the Holocate guys now have on their helmets is a great addition]

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
A comic for today since this is what the picture made me think of.

By the way this is my reaction to the pic of the day July 22th.

And you guys think I'm using too many memes... Hahahahahahaa! OkazA1 here did a double post and a double meme... I'm not trying to cause offense I'm just showing you all that I'm not the only one and you guys are kind of targetting one person when there is nothing to target one person about. Just saiyan that's all. Just saiyan...

D

Deleted member

When I saw this picture, at first, I groaned. However, it then came to mind that Olimar and Yellow Pikmin could be staring at something, so the picture suddenly got intense, and the "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" signal below (even if it links to Olimar's page) didn't help the mood either. So I actually got really hyped to see what Sakurai wrote about this picture. However, here I am now, finished reading the quote which simply explained the additional minor features that I've already noticed. It was a nice detailing and all, but if I see another Olimar & Pikmin picture....I think I'm going to be sick.
You and me both.

Hey Sakurai! Why not show some more Boozer for once?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah. Same here.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I for one love this photo. Really glad Olimar's getting so many tiny details added.
Whistle makes no sense to me. Especially now that I have a chance to see it up close. Pikmin 3 people all have it. A helmet and suit is made to contain your air and pressure and whatnot. But a whistle needs to have air blown into and released. If you blow from within the air releases outside... That would depressurize and probably not kill them but it would let in the poisonous oxygen. Heck who cares about when you blow. There'd be a hole all the time! Even if it was sealed to where it only opened when you pressed in on the whistle it would let oxygen in...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I for one love this photo. Really glad Olimar's getting so many tiny details added.
Whistle makes no sense to me. Especially now that I have a chance to see it up close. Pikmin 3 people all have it. A helmet and suit is made to contain your air and pressure and whatnot. But a whistle needs to have air blown into and released. If you blow from within the air releases outside... That would depressurize and probably not kill them but it would let in the poisonous oxygen. Heck who cares about when you blow. There'd be a hole all the time! Even if it was sealed to where it only opened when you pressed in on the whistle it would let oxygen in...
You're concerned about whistle physics when he's plucking sentient flowers with various elemental properties out of the ground.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
They're not humans so.....you shouldn't worry that much.

D

Deleted member

Neither.
He's obviously Kerog.

The How to Draw Nintendo Heroes and Villains book says so.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Oh **** guys, he only has one Pikmin in this screenshot. Olimar has been nerfed to a single Pikmin!

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
I kind of want a pic confirming ZSS, but since she is her own character I find that to be unlikely, at least for a while (I hope!)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
All this picture did was made me restless for something new. Like Brawl and even Melee, the attention to detail is stunning like always but it makes me go through new info withdrawal that much faster. :psycho:

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Holy cow, that is one unflattering screenshot, dat ground texture *barf*

But hey, the ground looks just as crappy in Pikmin 3, so it was probably intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom