• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Toy Story 3 was awful

I don't think the balloons will be used to glide, if anything they will be like the parasol in Melee
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! At least for me it was indeed an awful movie...
On another note that is related to the topic
I'm just going to put a bet/wager that in the near future... Villager will be on the top of ssb4 tier list

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I'd imagine his entrance would be him coming out of his house. It's kind of his thing you know.

The Gyroid Rocket looks more like up special material to me.... :/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why would "crap" have to be censored?:/

Ignoring the previous Toy Story 3 comments.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
That'd be wierd, why not him coming out from the house? We've never even seen a rocket gyroid before...
Well, atleast anything is possible or can change. B.t.w. Sorry, but I can hardly imagine Villager's house appears from nowhere, next Villager comes out his house, then his house disappears or whatever what happens with his house for beginning of a match :ohwell:

Why would "crap" have to be censored?:/

Ignoring the previous Toy Story 3 comments.
Well, to be honest I would like make things as neat as possible. (That's the way I often am :) )

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
I definitely do not believe Lloid is a stage hazard, as the Gyroid in the background of the stage appears to be less detailed, to me, anyway.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
I would rather him coming out of the bus as his entrance. It would fit more, but I guess it's more complicated.

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
Thought I might chime in...

If you look at the geometry of the two gyroids, you'll notice that the one that's a stage backdrop has a lower poly count (note the elbows, top of the head), a lower res texture for the face and dots, and also has a lot of "baked in" shading, which is missing from the one that Villager is riding on. Also, the one Villager is riding seems to have a little bit of bump mapping that is missing from the stage object (looking at the ridges of the "eye holes," the right edge of the right eye (from our perspective) is slightly lit, whereas the other ridges are darker toward the center of the eye hole, indicating that lighting effects the texture of the face.

Given the fact that the characters' models are MUCH more detailed than other elements in the game, it's reasonable to deduce that the Gyroid he's riding isn't part of the stage.

I personally think it's most likely that it's an attack, since I would guess that an item or assist trophy wouldn't be as well modeled. BUT, I can't say that for sure, since we don't really have other items or assist trophies to look at in order to reference how detailed they are.

Couldn't have put it better myself. This is something I noticed right off the bat when trying to figure out if the Gyroid would be a stage element. I think the enhanced graphics clearly show that it and the Villager are a duo! :chuckle:

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
These are the times I wish there were a dislike button.
Dude all I wanted to do was to stop the discussion of Toy Story 3. Don't say toy story 3 guys don't say it ever again on this thread... Not until the weekends when we have nothing to discuss because no pictures. That was the thing that was off topic.

So are you saying my reply was off topic when my reply was supposed to stop other replies that were off topic because this thread was spiraling off topic... Wait am I getting off topic when I'm trying to stay on topic about stopping stuff that's off topic?
... MINDF*CK!
LOL
Anyways... I really hope the next smash 4 picture is as good as this one. It has been a fun day on smashboards.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What if the balloon fight thing is an item and this is his actual up-special?
Oh how the tables have turned!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
What if the balloon fight thing is an item and this is his actual up-special?
Oh how the tables have turned!
I want this. Bowser flapping his arms while wearing a helmet with little cute balloons on it.

D

Deleted member

Also, I'm pretty sure the digging (and planting a tree) is the down smash; you are correct there I think.
The tree?
No, I mean the move where he digs in front and behind him to trap opponents on both sides.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568

This was literally the first thing that came to mind when I saw today's picture. I would've shown it sooner but I was afraid of haters. We all know how bad Toy Story 3 was...
Oops, better change this comment. I find it interesting how the gyroid is flying in the first place. Why would Sakurai put that feature?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Oops, better change this comment. I find it interesting how the gyroid is flying in the first place. Why would Sakurai put that feature?
I don't know, where do you think Lloid goes after you complete projects in your town? Or how do you think he gets to the island? (I forget if the island gyroid is him :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom