• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Today's picture is too funny. It would be hilarious if the Gyroid is actually a stage hazard (or anything but part of Villager's moveset) and Sakurai just took a very clever screenshot, making the perspective seem like Villager is riding the Gyroid. Who knows... but I'd totally love it if the flying Gyroid is his stage entrance.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Today's picture is too funny. It would be hilarious if the Gyroid is actually a stage hazard (or anything but part of Villager's moveset) and Sakurai just took a very clever screenshot, making the perspective seem like Villager is riding the Gyroid. Who knows... but I'd totally love it if the flying Gyroid is his stage entrance.
That's a good idea, the stage entrance.

He could be coming in from high above the stage and Sakurai just positioned the camera with good timing.

But what if his final smash is the same as Olimar's, just a gyroid instead of a rocket ship and bees instead of bulborbs? :troll:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
If that's his FS, I would like to see him fly around with an ax in his hand cause we all know he is a psychopath.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
at first I thought it could be one of his specials....but all of his B moves seem to be accounted for;
Neutral B: pocket
Side B: bowling ball
Down B: Tree grow
Up B: balloon helmet (note that im just speculating the specifics here)
So it very well could be an entrance for him or his FS, how however im not sold on it being his FS...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^ The bowling ball looks like his down smash; I don't think we've seen it used in the air
I remember in the preBrawl days that some of the villager/animal crosser supporters would joke that his/her final smash should have been summoning Tom Nook who would then proceed to drop a massive house on your closest opponent. :laugh:
The best ones I ever read were that cockroaches would eat the opponents, bees would swarm, sting, and stun the foes, or that the (then) Animal Crosser will net the opponent, catch them with their rod, and then throw them (while still on the rod) out for the kill! :chuckle:

Xigger

Smash Lord
at first I thought it could be one of his specials....but all of his B moves seem to be accounted for;
Neutral B: pocket
Side B: bowling ball
Down B: Tree grow
Up B: balloon helmet (note that im just speculating the specifics here)
So it very well could be an entrance for him or his FS, how however im not sold on it being his FS...

Bowling ball as the side B? Did we see him use it midair and on ground or something?

And since when are Gyroids rockets?!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I hope this is revealing some other special other then final smash that can be used by giving out damage.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Thought I might chime in...

If you look at the geometry of the two gyroids, you'll notice that the one that's a stage backdrop has a lower poly count (note the elbows, top of the head), a lower res texture for the face and dots, and also has a lot of "baked in" shading, which is missing from the one that Villager is riding on. Also, the one Villager is riding seems to have a little bit of bump mapping that is missing from the stage object (looking at the ridges of the "eye holes," the right edge of the right eye (from our perspective) is slightly lit, whereas the other ridges are darker toward the center of the eye hole, indicating that lighting effects the texture of the face.

Given the fact that the characters' models are MUCH more detailed than other elements in the game, it's reasonable to deduce that the Gyroid he's riding isn't part of the stage.

I personally think it's most likely that it's an attack, since I would guess that an item or assist trophy wouldn't be as well modeled. BUT, I can't say that for sure, since we don't really have other items or assist trophies to look at in order to reference how detailed they are.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If its an item, I want an awkward photo with Bowser and DK riding this Gyroid.
While Villager just stares at their blundering obesity.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If its an item, I want an awkward photo with Bowser and DK riding this Gyroid.
While Villager just stares at their blundering obesity.
Considering how Sakurai pays attention to detail I expect the Gyroid in the picture would have a struggling "please kill me" face on.

Despite gyroids not really showing emotion.

Hong

The Strongest
His final smash is that he mounts his flying Gyroid, and this music starts playing while he flies around dropping leaves (that turn into furniture mid-fall) with a chance of dropping bees.

I can dig it.
You were almost right, but I felt I should correct you.

By K.K. Rock you meant Rockin' K.K.
And he doesn't drop furniture, he drops hippies.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Villager's moveset is tricky to work out. We can be pretty sure the balloon fight move is up special, that the item grab move is a special, and that the complex tree planting move is a special (there are just too many steps for it to be something like fsmash). I think this thing he's riding would be a special, probably side special, and that leaves every other move having to be a normal. The bowling ball is the odddest one, but I can see it as a very strange fair or nair (we've only seen it used from the air, and in the one video in which he did the shovel -> bowling ball combo, he jumped really high up before using the bowling ball instead of just walking over and doing it point blank on the ground). He has already shown the slingshot as bair so it makes sense, and as far as I can tell, we haven't seen any of his other aerials.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
If it was a final smash he would be glowing
The bowling ball is not an air attack.

But just speculating... what if his collect ability was also his grab? When he grabs an opponent he might hold him where as when he grabs an item or projectile, he collects it.

This would leave open another slot for a special. Like:
Neutral b: bowling ball
Down b: tree
side b: gyroid
Up b: ballons

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
The bowling ball is the odddest one, but I can see it as a very strange fair or nair (we've only seen it used from the air, and in the one video in which he did the shovel -> bowling ball combo, he jumped really high up before using the bowling ball instead of just walking over and doing it point blank on the ground)
3:10 - The bowling ball is not used in the air here

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
New age retro hippies.
Nintendo (when EarthBound got released on the Virtual Console yesterday): "That's totally not Johnny B. Goode!" :awesome:
Pretty sure the pit digging move is Down Smash.
Freaking confusing man; Sakurai needs to just list what moves are which.

Also, I'm pretty sure the digging (and planting a tree) is the down smash; you are correct there I think.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Maybe if you collect the three pieces of the gyroid... you can fly into someone and insta-kill them? no, that doesn't seem right...

Maybe a stage hazard? :urg:

nah, probably a final smash or an entrance animation

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
A rocket as a glide doesn't make any sense.
Why wouldn't it make sense? When does the Villager riding a gyroid like a rocket in a platform fighting game make any sense?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
When he was revealed using the balloon hat he was wearing it didn't hint or look like he could glide at all. The balloon special looks more like a slow recovery, plus balloons aren't meant for gliding anyway. Sure this is a video game and real life logic should hold no water what so ever, but balloons don't really work that way.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Toy Story 3 was awful

I don't think the balloons will be used to glide, if anything they will be like the parasol in Melee
Disregarding that comment about Toy Story 3 The balloons could just be a recovery in that he deploys the balloon and you have to tilt upwards to get him to flap his arms and go upwards. It would be a different recovery but an effective one (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom