• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
The fact that its been 14 years and Wario and Waluigi haven't been in a game together outside of Mario Spinoffs annoys me to no end. A Mario and Luigi RPG with the Wario Bros would pretty much write the jokes itself and why it isn't a thing yet is beyond me.

Make it happen Nintendo :(

D

Deleted member

Speakin of Wario, January 21st will also be the 20th anniversary to Wario Land...but I don't suspect a Wario reveal though.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This year is the year of the horse.

Mario rides Yoshi like he's a horse.

Year of Yoshi confirmed. ¦D

My logic is absolutely flawless. ¦(

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
This year is the year of the horse.

Mario rides Yoshi like he's a horse.

Year of Yoshi confirmed. ¦D

My logic is absolutely flawless. ¦(
I can argue with it. Yoshi stands upright, so he's more like an ostrich. Is it the year of the ostrich? Didn't think so :troll:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The fact that its been 14 years and Wario and Waluigi haven't been in a game together outside of Mario Spinoffs annoys me to no end. A Mario and Luigi RPG with the Wario Bros would pretty much write the jokes itself and why it isn't a thing yet is beyond me.
He's only filler like Daisy.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Well, it seems that the korean Nntendo Direct pretty much cancels any possiblilty of geting another Direct this month, isn't it?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Well, it seems that the korean Nntendo Direct pretty much cancels any possiblilty of geting another Direct this month, isn't it?
Probably not. We still could have one (not saying we will, but it shouldn't be ruled out.)

If we do get one though, Smash's 15-year Anniversary please (It's also Wario Land's 20-year but Ninty don't care.)

Staarih

Smash Master
The Korean Directs seem to really be a thing of their own: looking at the past Direct's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Direct_presentations) they've never had an actual worldwide one (Korea is always the one left out) and instead it seems to have its own separate Direct's every now and then. Looks like many of them happen within the same month though, so I do think a Direct for the rest of us would be possible next week, for example.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
hope next week better then this one was, and release date for anniversary please. Also isent japan anniversary the 31st not the 21st?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A Nintendo Direct probably takes quite some time to plan, so I doubt they'd be able to react to such news in less than a week. I do hope we'll still see something next week though, since there's plenty of reasons to still do it.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I know I'm late to theconversation but I'm just going to insert my personal opinion about Ridley in Smash 4 here. After hearing that Samus will get a costume change giving her a more Metroid Other M look instead of a Super Metroid look which is what has remained unchanged for so long in Smash, I felt that it was a clue to how Ridley would look if he was in the game. For all of you that have played Other M you know Ridley's teenage form right?

You see guys this way there is quite a midground. Ridley's final adult massive form could be a final smash and his teenage form could be his regular playable form. I know people might still hate me because even though I am a slight Ridley supporter I do consider his inclusion unrealistic unless a change is made. And I believe the change of Samus' costume to Metroid Other M is a faint clue to Ridley's teenage form will be in the game. Though I'm still going to pose my argument though... Ridley's adult form is just too big... Now go ahead and hate :p
Note that the newcomers....Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer don't use their newest designs.

Say that to Birdo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A Nintendo Direct probably takes quite some time to plan, so I doubt they'd be able to react to such news in less than a week. I do hope we'll still see something next week though, since there's plenty of reasons to still do it.
I'm sure one was already planned but it seems of higher priority to get it done as soon as possible with people starting to call for Iwata's head on a platter. There's also the fact that this has been ongoing for awhile now and I'm sure the thought of easing the thoughts of the investors and fans as the year starts has been a top priority of Nintendo's PR department.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I'm sure one was already planned but it seems of higher priority to get it done as soon as possible with people starting to call for Iwata's head on a platter. There's also the fact that this has been ongoing for awhile now and I'm sure the thought of easing the thoughts of the investors and fans as the year starts has been a top priority of Nintendo's PR department.
My ignorance is showing, but do investors care about Directs? Or Nintendo content in general for that matter? Or really anything that isn't sales numbers?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My ignorance is showing, but do investors care about Directs? Or Nintendo content in general for that matter? Or really anything that isn't sales numbers?
But Directs act as a good forecast for what's going to come out soon and they can use this to evaluate how well the company will do in the near future. If a lot of popular things are coming out, it bodes confidence in the company and suggests that stock prices will go up with sales.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
But Directs act as a good forecast for what's going to come out soon and they can use this to evaluate how well the company will do in the near future. If a lot of popular things are coming out, it bodes confidence in the company and suggests that stock prices will go up with sales.
Exactly, directs can act as a sort of preview for the product investors are purchasing.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
"Sir! The investors are freaking out! What do we do?"

"Turn on the Sakurai-Signal!"

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
"Sir! The investors are freaking out! What do we do?"

"Turn on the Sakurai-Signal!"

He probably has an inflatable Sakurai dummy in his office for just this situation!

Worker: "So uh Sakurai, are you going to give the ok on Ridley or not?"
*Sakurai dummy gets blown side-to-side by fan*
Worker: "Well ok, I guess were sticking to the good ol stage hazard idea then."

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
YOU KNOW WHAT WE NEED
oh yes that character is quite possible balloon fighter is toast because of villagers hat but this guy still has it he can very well have fighting moves and equipment for fighting without his bike

and his bike for the final smash oviously

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
No doubt that's why they would have any potential relevance to investors, but my question is is this relevance actually realized. That is to say, do investors put any real confidence in "popular things coming out" or do they only put confidence only in a company's performance in the most recent quarters, maybe slightly tempered by how said company has done historically?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No doubt that's why they would have any potential relevance to investors, but my question is is this relevance actually realized. That is to say, do investors put any real confidence in "popular things coming out" or do they only put confidence only in a company's performance in the most recent quarters, maybe slightly tempered by how said company has done historically?
I would say investors take upcoming games into consideration. Take Sqaure Enix, their stock skyrocketed when Dragon Quest VII was announced and dropped when Dragon Quest X was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom