• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Why the **** would Olimar be unlockable? he was a starter in Brawl, and if he was unlockable then Sakurai wouldn't be revealing him. I swear some members here look way too far into things.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That said, does anyone think the challenger approaching thing from the official site might mean he is unlockable?

Nah, he did the same thing for the Brawl starter newcomers during the Brawl Dojo updates. Plus, I doubt Sakurai will be revealing any unlockables (Except for third parties I suppose) until the game is out.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I can only hope this will continue every month (Yes I'm aware that for Olimar to be announced was to basically celebrate Pikmin 3's release in Japan, A man can still dream though).

Also dem Pikmin, makes Brawl's Pikmin look like trash.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Dat shameless Pikmin 3 promo....

I really hope rock and flying Pikmin make it into the chain somehow.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
so do u think this is a one time thing for pikimin realease or can we expect more in the future

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Dude, no offense but... these aren't funny please stop.

Actually, that one is quite funny if you get the joke. Olimar is an alien after all (Pikmin planet is conspired to be a post-apocalyptic Earth so I don't think they count as aliens...)

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Yeah really the majority of them aren't funny. You've probably acquired half of your posts in this thread alone with those images. Slow your roll :p

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
EDIT: It also seems he'll be nerfed, or accommodated to the 3DS, by only having 3 Pikmin out at a time.
I think that'd be jumping to conclusions. It would be one way to deal with the problem though.

They'd have to significantly adjust his recovery in that case though, and probably make his Pikmin a little more durable. His other moves would be mostly unaffected though, I think. If they gave him a Flying Pikmin recovery, that would be a solution to 3DS limitations.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Fine I'll stop... only for the next 12 hours... :troll:
You really need a better sense of humor bro...

Ermm okay... but really, your forced memes aren't funny. Well, at least for me.

Actually, that one is quite funny if you get the joke. Olimar is an alien after all (Pikmin planet is conspired to be a post-apocalyptic Earth so I don't think they count as aliens...)

I know, still not funny. But whatever I don't want to start a debate :glare:

Anyways, Olimar is confirmed! :olimar:

SmashCentralOfficial

Whaaaaaat. Where is that gif from?!

Idk if anyone has discussed this yet (I dont wan't to read through 120+ posts), but I wanted to chat about the layout of the Pikmin stage. So far it just looks like there's at least one hanging platform:

And not that it's significant, but you can see his ship in the background which I thought was neat:

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I'm kind of intrigued that he only has three Pikmin this time around, rather than 4. Maybe this is a nerf?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heres how i see it based on pictures.

1. There was the bridge made out of those shards that the pikmin can use to build things.

2. A can being held up by ropes.

4. A bunch of flat surfaces.

Heres how i see the design so far.

Key:
xxxx = Empty space
/ = the bridge i mentioned (it's in the current daily image)
H = the can held up by ropes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxHxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxx_____________________
___/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SmashCentralOfficial

I'm kind of intrigued that he only has three Pikmin this time around, rather than 4. Maybe this is a nerf?
I just thought of this earlier as well, as my friend hates Olimar in Brawl and we were discussing how having SIX Pikmin is pretty overpowered. The most Olimar has in any of the SM4SH screenshots is Three.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I don't see any reason to believe he can carry fewer. Six pikmin is no problem for the 3ds at all; you guys do know the console is more powerful than the Wii and will not be using the high quality models we see in the Wii U version, right? Mechanically pikmin are very simple actors too; they can't really be compared to additional characters at all. As per gameplay balance, maybe, but three would be pretty terrible especially since his already confirmed to return down smash uses two so if he could only carry three he couldn't do two down smashes in a row with a full supply of pikmin. It doesn't seem logical, and while I obviously can't say it's not true for sure, it's baseless conjecture that we shouldn't be hanging on at this point.

The more interesting topic here is the increasing disparity between Wii U and 3ds. Olimar was not shown on 3ds, and neither have the Villager or Wii Fit Trainer. I wonder if this is just laziness in making pictures, or is the 3ds version substantially behind the Wii U version in development? The 3ds isn't as underpowered as most people on these boards seem to believe, but if all these characters are ready to show on Wii U but not 3ds, that could have interesting implications for smash 4 development just in having that one behind version.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Stage looks exactly like Distant Spring, has the water and tiles.

Looks very nice. I still wonder how his recovery will work in this game.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
No. :S How did this idea even develop in your head?

Please stop creating these unfunny memes to express your thoughts. A text post would be more than sufficient.
Memes don't need to be funny dude. Memes are meant to tease people about the truth more than they are to be hilarious. That meme wasn't even intended to be funny anyway! Gosh! Stop being a killjoy. And truly if you do think about it and take into consideration the timezones of when we are getting these ssb4 pictures then yeah it does somewhat seem like we should be getting 6 pictures per week. But if you guys really are going to keep on whining then I will pipe down with the memes just don't let it bother you so much you are acting like a child who is being bothered by not getting his favorite toy at the toy store. Seriously if guys are going to let small insignificant memes like these bother you so much then why are you even on a forum anyway? Socializing with others is the point of forums. I am operating under the social clause of being a human I am creating conversation about a topic that is of interest on this thread. Whether I use a meme or not to convey that message shouldn't bother you at all. If you guys don't have the tolerance to take a few memes and know that they are a joke how do you plan to succeed in life? Just take everything someone says seriously? No kidding around? Yeah that won't get you very far in life at all.

And like I said before that meme wasn't meant to be funny at all it wasn't only meant to tease people about the truth like all memes are supposed to do! Now be an adult and stop whining about tiny little images that have no effect on your life they are only meant to socialize with.

D

Deleted member

I thought this was a Daily Smash Photo thread, not a "***** about meme images" thread.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I thought this was a Daily Smash Photo thread, not a "***** about meme images" thread.
Thank you for that. Like I said people should b*tch about stuff that is so miniscule and insignificant. They should just give a quick chuckle and move on to the next thing in their life. Be an adult for Christ sake! If you can't take a joke or even so much as a silly image then why are you on a forum? Forum's are the basis of where all silly image migrate to and are created from!

D

Deleted member

There is a saying, however. "Everything in moderation".
A few meme images here or there is fine, but try not to overdo them. Then it just gets annoying.

As for the ones complaining, really, it shouldn't bother them enough to make a big deal out of it.
Whether they make you giggle or groan, they are rather insignificant in the long run as they don't really affect you.

Honestly, those that choose to make a big deal out of it just sound like this:

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for that. Like I said people should b*tch about stuff that is so miniscule and insignificant. They should just give a quick chuckle and move on to the next thing in their life. Be an adult for Christ sake! If you can't take a joke or even so much as a silly image then why are you on a forum? Forum's are the basis of where all silly image migrate to and are created from!

Yup, because posting random pictures and derailing a thread about Sakurai's daily pictures is very mature.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yup, because posting random pictures and derailing a thread about Sakurai's daily pictures is very mature.
And ******** about it is mature as well. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if he bothers you that much just set him on ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom