• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
But that was about a dozen characters at once. If it is only once a month we will know of maybe 25 characters tops by the launch.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
But that was about a dozen characters at once. If it is only once a month we will know of maybe 25 characters tops by the launch.
True story, but do you think we'll get a lot of updates for the next Smash Bros. games before 2014?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm hoping he does updates for all the characters, including secret ones, before launch (secret characters behind spoilers for those who don't wanna know).

I'm sure he must realize that as soon as the game came out, they're all going to get posted on the internet anyway and people won't care so much about his updates since they'll be able to see all sorts of screens and videos on youtube etc.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Also I think we'll probably get an other veteran fighter sooner then a newcomer, cuz making a veteran fighter from the previous Smash games is a lot easier for the Smash team who works currently on the next Smash Bros. games.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
With just the returning brawl characters alone we have enough for a character announcement or 2 a month with some change (unlockables) even if the game launches in December next year. Suspect at least 1 a month, maybe even 2 every blue moon.

Kaljinyu

Smash Rookie
Maybe the monthly reveals will only be for a set amount of months.

And then later, Dojo-style article updates return with a revamp of the site!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Ah! I am pleasantly surprised that they actually are revealing characters on the Dojo, even if it might only be veterans! That makes checking the site so much more exciting(and honestly I was already happy with the screenshots we've been getting). This is extra cool because there was some concern that Olimar would be replaced with a pikmin 3 rep., so it's not like he was someone people were POSITIVE would show up like Yoshi or something(I personally didn't think he'd be replaced, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't give a sigh of relief when I saw the update-I really really like Olimar as a character, and I really think he's the best person to rep the series).

Also this means we can look forward to some more revealing pictures of the new Pikmin level, and some good speculation before then, since Olimar's screenshots only show tiny bits of it. Oh Sakurai, you tease you.

On the not so happy but still not enough to keep me from being overjoyed about this reveal side of things I guess this means we won't be getting reveal trailers for veterans. I realize that'd be too much work for the team and Sakurai already implied only newcomers would get intro videos, since there's no subspace this time around I would've liked to see the veterans get a little spotlight video. But whatever!

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I didn't have any doubt Olimar would return. He's the original Pikmin character + the inertia from already being in Brawl. Maybe if there were more Pikmin games to the point that Olimar was overshadowed.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I didn't have any doubt Olimar would return. He's the original Pikmin character + the inertia from already being in Brawl. Maybe if there were more Pikmin games to the point that Olimar was overshadowed.
Well, he IS gonna be in 3. After all, he was shown as playable in the multiplayer mode and is confirmed to have some involvement in the story.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Yeah I guess I should've been clear that even before I knew he was gonna be in Pikmin 3 (actually, I haven't been keeping up with 3, so I had assumed he was in it anyway) I didn't have any doubt.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I guess you could say Olimar is Pikmin series's "Marth". The original protag.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'm just happy my main and fave character is coming back!!! :D But I don't see any Rock or Winged Pikmin... Maybe they'll be revealed along with the newcomers in a Nintendo Direct?
EDIT: It also seems he'll be nerfed, or accommodated to the 3DS, by only having 3 Pikmin out at a time.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Well waddya expect? They can't ALL be new, can they? It's not really fair to Sakurai to call him a jerk, especially since there's probably a lot more returning characters than new ones. Plus, we got a new reveal only a MONTH after E3, whereas it took over a YEAR to get any new Brawl information. Calm yo t*ts.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
These people need to pipe down. They should be grateful Sakurai is taking time out of his work/family time to deliver us pictures everyday. He isn't required to do this, he is doing it out of the generosity of his heart. I enjoy looking and speculating at the new pictures he releases everyday. He is a very intelligent man and I believe he is building hype. After a month or so a pictures, boom one picture of Sonic out of nowhere.

I knew it, see guys just give Sakurai some much deserved credit. I guess I can predict the future now :3

Go Olimar!!! :olimar:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
First post is updated if you haven't noticed already! Pretty stoked for this reveal. Totally thought Yoshi was gonna be next, but as always, Sakurai proves me wrong! I'm really glad Olimar is returning, because he just feels too iconic to replace (kind of like Marth and Ness). Now, I'm not sure if I'd rather see Flying Pikmin and Rock Pikmin with Olimar or with a newcomer from Pikmin 3 (preferably Alph).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Note: in one of the pictures on Olimar's page, you can see the ship from Pikmin 3, so the stage is most definitely based off of a Pikmin 3 area.

(edit: this was far smaller than I thought it would be xD)

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
That's definitely a Pikmin stage he's fighting on...I think.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Well waddya expect? They can't ALL be new, can they? It's not really fair to Sakurai to call him a jerk, especially since there's probably a lot more returning characters than new ones. Plus, we got a new reveal only a MONTH after E3, whereas it took over a YEAR to get any new Brawl information. Calm yo t*ts.

Actual Advice Mallard Meme in case you don't know.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

Bad Advice Mallard in case you didn't know.

I'm just full of memes! :laugh:
So you said you were joking before, so you weren't... but it's BAD advice mallard, so you were... but then you said you were joking in a post where you put a meme, so you were joking about joking...
*head explodes*
Also, *they're. Grammar Nazi fo' LIFE!

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Looks like his Pikmin 3 design. I'm really happy in this installment they can actually make things stick out instead of relying on textures for very small details. Like those buttons.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Lol did anyone else think that they were looking at a screenshot for Pikmin 3...it took me a minute to remember I was on the Smash Bros website and then I sh#$ my brain out my ears and HOLY SH#$ OLIMAR CONFIRMED! I don't even like Olimar but this is so HYPE! His stage is sexy as F#$%!

D

Deleted member

The placing of "Pikmin" before "Olimar" seems to confirm that we are not getting a Pikmin 3 representative (Alph/Brittany/Charlie).
....that was what he was referred to in Brawl too.
With the sole exception of the announcer call outside Japan.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Personally I have no idea what exactly the Olimar reveal means for the frequency of updates. However, I do know this, We won't be facing the almost year long drought of information that followed the Brawl reveal. Sakurai has shown that he will throw us a bone once in a while, and that his picture updates are definitely worth looking at. That said, does anyone think the challenger approaching thing from the official site might mean he is unlockable?

D

Deleted member

Totally did not see this coming so soon. I wonder if there's going to be a Lucas type clone of Olimar...say alph/charlie but with the new pikmin swapped out for white and purples.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Totally did not see this coming so soon. I wonder if there's going to be a Lucas type clone of Olimar...say alph/charlie but with the new pikmin swapped out for white and purples.
Maybe, but that doesn't seem like enough of a difference tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom