• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I actually thought the NSMB games were quite good, at least the console ones.

Either way, this stage looks really interesting, and that second picture for elaboration explains a lot (I thought it might be a walk-around with no side blast zone!). If the blastzones are not perpendicular to the gravity, DI is going to be really complicated here and I think the net effect is going to be that center stage control at higher percents ends up being crazy important (as if it weren't already a big deal, right?). I can also see the curved gravity having a big effect on characters that rely a lot on long range spacing with aerials (like G&W turtle and Marth fair) since they'll effectively reach less far here.

In terms of legality, this is another "tame" stage though as has been every Wii U stage. The gravity here is probably less big than some of Pokemon Stadium 2's transformations, and otherwise it's a pretty basic looking stage though I do note like so many stages we've seen it has walk-offs. Of course, walk-offs were only really an issue in Brawl in about 2/3 of DDD's match-ups and a few Olimar versus terrible approach/non-projectile character match-ups too; it's not hard to imagine there being no real issue with them at all in smash 4. If this pattern continues, the stage war could end peacefully as we have a large list of stages that are widely agreeable.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
FINALLY!!!!!

After years of waiting, I finally got to see my most awaited stage in it's full glory. And it seems like they implemented the gravity gimmick just right!

Goodness, it looks so beautiful! And bit huge, too. Hope there's more to this than just 2 platforms + gravity.

Also I can even more see Rosalina in rather than Toad, even if there's a big chance Zelda might take the veteran reveal spot for next week.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
While technically not a Galaxy theme, I do really want to here the slide theme on this stage. It's one of my favorite Mario themes!

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Hehe, amazing. I love how characters are given a rim lighting just like Galaxy for this stage.

Think about the music here. What songs do you guys want? Personally I'd like Good Egg Galaxy and Gusty Garden. They're obligatory. :p
I think the Star Festival theme, the first Gateway Galaxy theme (aka Grand Star Rescue) and Buoy Base Galaxy would be fitting songs for this stage.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Look at us, 28 users and 35 guests viewing this thread. This is probably the biggest activity I've seen for a Mario-related update. I don't blame em though. This is just astonishing.

Steelia

Smash Champion
New stage looks fantastic. Now I'm kind of glad a SMG-themed arena wasn't introduced in the previous game, I doubt it would've looked as good as this. Lots of color and lighting effects. Curious how they removed the Challenger Approaching banner so soon, I half-hope Sakurai doesn't show anything else today that takes away from the reveal of this stage.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
#inb4RosalinaReveal
I dunno, I don't think she'd be the best first Assist Trophy idea (no offense guys, but I don't see her playable sans as a last minute clone).

True facts: we heard rumors that the Gardevoir Pokéball Pokémon was originally Rosalina, except instead of being a Pokéball Pokémon she would have been a Assist Trophy character.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Alright the hype is goin down....

I hope I did morbid proud tonight. :awesome: (cause she's busy playing awakening....nonstop.)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guys, I noticed that this stage is definitely not a direct port from Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Either it is a 1080p (since that is clearly the graphics that the game is running with) upscale of stuff from Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, or Sakurai and crew way re-upped the graphics and recreated a lot of things (they haven't done that for many Wii, Wii U, DS, or 3DS stages' visuals), or the Mario Galaxy 3/HD rumors are correct.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I dunno, I don't think she'd be the best first Assist Trophy idea (no offense guys, but I don't see her playable sans as a last minute clone).

True facts: we heard rumors that the Gardevoir Pokéball Pokémon was originally Rosalina, except instead of being a Pokéball Pokémon she would have been a Assist Trophy character.
Are you referring to the pokemon with the reflector shield around it, while it walks slowly back and forth?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wonder if that airship will be a stage hazard that shoots cannonballs and bullet bills, or maybe it turns around to where the Bowser head faces you to shoot flaming Cannonballs, like during the Bowser Jr boss battle. But again, them graphics, that Bowser.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I appreciated all of the likes :D
Lol your welcome, we agreed that i'd be her substitute from time to time, and with all the hype i figured it would be a good time to do so.

Now i'm done liking stuff, good nite everyone! have fun with the rest of your nights :p

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm so very happy with this stage. I've always wanted a Galaxy stage to be something like this. Never saw the appeal of the Comet Observatory or Starship Mario as stages. A simple, nice, green planetoid was all I wanted. This is probably my favorite stage shown so far.

Hello.

Smash Cadet
I feel like at this point, it has to be someone not obvious. Like Sakurai is trying too hard to be unpredictable.
Interesting point. Sakurai randomly revealed Marth mostly cuz he felt like it and no one would've expected Marth for a while, and took two months to reveal the Galaxy stage and just trolling everyone for his own amusement with it.

For all we know, he's expecting us for him to reveal a Zelda character and he may pull a Pokémon and not reveal a character at all.

Hello.

Smash Cadet
So guys, I noticed that this stage is definitely not a direct port from Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Either it is a 1080p (since that is clearly the graphics that the game is running with) upscale of stuff from Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, or Sakurai and crew way re-upped the graphics and recreated a lot of things (they haven't done that for many Wii, Wii U, DS, or 3DS stages' visuals), or the Mario Galaxy 3/HD rumors are correct.
Yes, you're right. The textures are definitely not ripped from Galaxy 1/2 directly and are much smoother. I'm glad, too, because Delfino Plaza in Brawl was incredibly bland. I really wish he'd make Skyloft have upgraded visuals, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom