• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yeah, I can see why people would remain skeptic. I mean, just look at Toon Link in this game! But a funny little smidgen of info Sakurai has said about this game's development is 'character customization.' So there's some hope that we can completely negate clones altogether. But, until we know for certain...

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Yeah, I can see why people would remain skeptic. I mean, just look at Toon Link in this game! But a funny little smidgen of info Sakurai has said about this game's development is 'character customization.' So there's some hope that we can completely negate clones altogether. But, until we know for certain...
Im so interested in what the **** that even means. Its such a vague concept that could mean so many different things. Custom movesets for existing characters? Mii characters? Original custom characters? It could be so many things.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Exactly. The vagueness just drifts there and Sakurai is awfully quiet about it. Now that sounds like the Sakurai we know and love. :lol:

Watch him takes us through 'character customization' and revamp the Dojo by E3 2014. Watch him!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
According to GameFAQs, this yet-to-be-posted pic is about the visual slashing effect of Marth's tipper. At this point, it feels silly to showcase the visual slashes of specific moves, given that Sakurai claimed most moves have the same effect in his Developer Direct (e.g. all of Mario's standards). Ah well, the streak of great November updates had to come to a close at some point, and the week's still young.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The graphic effect is actually somewhat different, and it seems to highlight exactly where the tipper is. The picture even shows it side by side with Link's dash attack for comparison (Marth too is doing a dash attack). It's not a bad picture at all.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
The graphic effect is actually somewhat different, and it seems to highlight exactly where the tipper is. The picture even shows it side by side with Link's dash attack for comparison (Marth too is doing a dash attack). It's not a bad picture at all.
Dash attack? Looks more like Marth's f-tilt and Links jab.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Update upon having seen the pic: it's admittedly better than just Toon Link and Link simultaneously abusing DK with their Up Specials. I do still think 'slash' pics are relatively low on the pic totem pole, but hey, that's getting hyper-analytical and also a tad greedy, so yeah...hats off to everyone who predicted a Marth vs. Link pic, by the way.

EDIT: Ninja'd, I guess? Well, the pic's still not updated on the main site where I'm at, so for everyone experiencing similar lag, I'm leaving my pic up, direct from Miiverse, so you can nevertheless view it.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Already ninja'd ya!

As I said before, I really like how Sakurai is giving us a bit of an update with his descriptions for these pics. He will explain the nuances in even the blandest of pics. Nice to see Marth and Link have characteristic sword effects.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I dont care about that, I mean get rid of the gold hammer because it was stupid and pointless. They nerfed the original hammer and made an OP gold one. Like, the **** was the point of that? Waste of an item. The single hammer was fine and great on its own. The fear the original hammers invoked in foes in Melee and 64 was CLASSIC.

Are you on a rant or something!? What's with all the cursing lately?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh my, Marth should get that arm checked out. It appears he might have dislocated it to be able to move it that way.

I am quite worried for his health. No beautiful man should be unhealthy like that.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Dash attack? Looks more like Marth's f-tilt and Links jab.
Marth has a cloud of smoke under him like he just did a dash, and the way Link's legs are positioned would be very odd for a jab. I still think they're dash attacks. A lot of their sword swings, if taken at a single frame of animation, could be interpreted as similar though, and it's certainly possible I'm wrong here.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Marth has a cloud of smoke under him like he just did a dash, and the way Link's legs are positioned would be very odd for a jab. I still think they're dash attacks. A lot of their sword swings, if taken at a single frame of animation, could be interpreted as similar though, and it's certainly possible I'm wrong here.
Link's is his F-Smash.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I think he's right, that is Marth's ftilt, Marth's dash attack doesn't go up in that angle, and Link is doing his jab.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
Link's is his F-Smash.
Nope, his shield is still on his arm. Links fsmash always puts the shield on his back.

Just saying, but Marth's dash attack is more horizontal striking wise, whereas his ftilt is more vertical.
I just looked up images to compare, and yes the ftilt causes some dust to get kicked up. I can't post the pictures because mobile devices suck.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I will fight alongside my lord and savior jesus in the next coming of the flame wars

Why must all troll accounts have to be cardboard cut-outs of Christian caricatures?

What will the pic of the day be? any guesses? My guess is shield breaker marth.
I'll go for Marth and the two Links.

Well, both of you were partially correct in that it would be Marth showcased. While it is not the most interesting update, at the very least, we are witnessing more visually-prominent aesthetic details to Marth's attacks, specifically the brightness at the tip of the sword.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Nope, his shield is still on his arm. Links fsmash always puts the shield on his back.

Just saying, but Marth's dash attack is more horizontal striking wise, whereas his ftilt is more vertical.
I just looked up images to compare, and yes the ftilt causes some dust to get kicked up. I can't post the pictures because mobile devices suck.

The conclusion: Marth's forward tilt and Link's jab.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Why must all troll accounts have to cardboard cut-outs of Christian caricatures?

Well, both of you were partially correct in that it would be Marth showcased. While it is not the most interesting update, at the very least, we are witnessing more visually-prominent aesthetic details to Marth's attacks, specifically the brightness at the tip of the sword.
Because using religion is an easy way to troll, a true troll would do something more creative.

Now then, As for the update its very awesome, because in prior smash games you would have to use your ear to see if your hitting the sweetspot or not, now it'll be easier to land a tipper, all marth mains rejoice at this news I assume.

Course I hope they bring back the sword clash from melee, that sound effect was awesome.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
Because using religion is an easy way to troll, a true troll would do something more creative.

Now then, As for the update its very awesome, because in prior smash games you would have to use your ear to see if your hitting the sweetspot or not, now it'll be easier to land a tipper, all marth mains rejoice at this news I assume.
As a Brawl Marth user, I can attest to Brawl having both a visual AND audio cue for tip hits.

Hyal

Smash Cadet
That's a really awesome picture. Falchion looks a lot more... Luminous? Than before. And that is forward-tilt, as other people already said.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
As if Marth's F-Smash tipper wasn't OP enough. Looks like we goin have some problems.

Don't like the idea of emphasizing it though. It was a lot more rewarding when you could land them with good spacing.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
The more Sakurai shows of this game, the more it starts to look more gorgeous. I'm also wondering if sword users are now going to get their own dedicated sword trail, compared to previous games where every sword user used the same looking glow trail with differing colors.

Edit: Also, what ever the hell those moves they're using, they're accompanied by the new trail effects.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Marth's tippers arent overpowered at all. He can't even kill people in Brawl without them. Space a little off and your opponent lives to 200%.

Finding the tipper is easy, the visual effect doesnt change that. Landing the tipper on a mobile opponent is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom