• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
There wasn't a ton to the picture itself today, but the day 1 update is interesting. From what I've read it's to make the online modes work, but at least it shows there's a chance of changes in the future too.

Staarih

Smash Master
I hope Sakurai jumps straight onto Wii U pictures next week rather than use another week to introduce remaining 3DS menu pictures (we know he has quite a collection by now!).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wouldn't it be funny if this patch update included Mewtwo as an unlockable?
I know...its not going to happen, but- what if...?
Sadly that aint happening

Welp the final pre-release picture of the day confirms patches will be added per time

But sadly i really doubt even 1 will fill up the 4 emptys i think we are stuck with paying for the final 4 if there is a final 4

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
There wasn't a ton to the picture itself today, but the day 1 update is interesting. From what I've read it's to make the online modes work, but at least it shows there's a chance of changes in the future too.
Sakurai comment said to expect patches to fix potential issues, so it wouldn't surprise me to see some updates. Also this Day 1 Patch contains a new game mode.

That said, what will we see from now on? Secret characters mixed with Wii U pics?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, there's definitely more to show, if he was ganna stop he'd have said so today in his update. Still gatta see Wii U exclusive modes, amiibo, Wii U stages, and more. Can't wait to see Duck Hunt Dog on Wii U. DHD HD.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Eh, I honestly hate his guts for excluding Mewtwo and Ridley.
But whatever. I'm giving him a chance to redeem himself because well-
I've nothing to loose at this point.
This is exactly how i felt about Lucas(and wolf) being cut earlier, while he played favorites with his own series, and put clones that no one really wanted, and couldve been done just as easily with alts. But this isnt the place for that.

Also, last nights pic was dissapointing. Although, sakurai must've been disheartened by the spoilers that came out yesterday. :\ I would care, but as it stands im not too happy with some of his choices, so i couldn't care less.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
If Sakurai is crying about spoilers coming from retailers breaking the street date, he shouldn't be in this business.

Being upset about the ESRB leak? That makes sense, that was much earlier and had the full roster and didn't let people see enough to form a good impression of the characters (poor presentation leading to less positive feelings).

If he's not expecting and prepared for things to get out a day or two before release, he's just being delusional.

D

Deleted member

If Sakurai is crying about spoilers coming from retailers breaking the street date, he shouldn't be in this business.

Being upset about the ESRB leak? That makes sense, that was much earlier and had the full roster and didn't let people see enough to form a good impression of the characters (poor presentation leading to less positive feelings).

If he's not expecting and prepared for things to get out a day or two before release, he's just being delusional.
He's not crying about spoilers in the caption, he's just saying "If you don't want to be spoiled, you might wanna stay off of online."
Believe it or not, some people DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED! Weird, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Is he complaining? I haven't seen him say anything about it.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
He's not crying about spoilers in the caption, he's just saying "If you don't want to be spoiled, you might wanna stay off of online."
Believe it or not, some people DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED! Weird, huh?
Is he complaining? I haven't seen him say anything about it.
I was referring to statements like this:
Also, last nights pic was dissapointing. Although, sakurai must've been disheartened by the spoilers that came out yesterday. :\ I would care, but as it stands im not too happy with some of his choices, so i couldn't care less.
Not complaining about what he said in the PotD. He has not said anything directly addressing spoilers.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
The Hype Train may be a steadier pace, but I'm sure it'll resume once the honeymoon phase over the 3DS version is over and Sakurai reveals some Wii U hype stuff!

Anyway, you guys think Sakurai will reveal hidden characters? I'm dying to see Wii U Duck Hunt.

gamer8

Smash Lord
The Hype Train may be a steadier pace, but I'm sure it'll resume once the honeymoon phase over the 3DS version is over and Sakurai reveals some Wii U hype stuff!

Anyway, you guys think Sakurai will reveal hidden characters? I'm dying to see Wii U Duck Hunt.
I'm not really sure, after Brawl came out he posted a hidden character right away so hopefully. It might be Ness again. It took him like 2 months to reveal them all last time. I really want to see how all of the characters look like on the Wii U version as well. We still have some things left over from the 3DS he might show though until the 3DS version is out for the rest of the world.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm thinking he'll steadily show off all the unlockables, maybe one a week (not sure if that's too fast though haha), maybe in the order they are unlocked in the game (VS-matches-wise). But yeah, I can't wait for Wii U pics of Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr (+Koopalings)!

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'm expecting him to start showing off secret characters while he shows us the exclusive stuff from the Wii U version. With Brawl he started right after the game was out, so I think he may do the same this time.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i dunno i think he'll wait for the american release of smash 3ds for wiiu updates with 3ds features being a major focus

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im smelling monday will be one of the missing 11 tomorrow due to introducing the unlockable characters

And im also smelling that the wii u version will have a ton more exclusives than the 3ds version

And harder to unlock stuff in that for in this case the characters will be unlocked outside classic mode.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
A super vague picture of someone's trophy, like Ice Climbers or Wolf, with a caption like "Someday" would be hype.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
It'd still be hype though, especially since it's been revealed that the 3DS game alone has a buttload of extra space for DLC.
I believe DLC is just stored on the SD card, not the game cartridge itself, so any empty space on the 3DS game is just unused space.

I think we'll start seeing unlockable characters this week, but probably not more than 1 per week and likely mostly veterans until the game launches in most regions. It's definitely going to be harder to hype the PotD using 3DS pictures now that we know pretty much all the details though.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Anybody think Sakurai will start putting out Wii U POTD starting tonight?
Hmm... I could see it start to be more prevalent, sure, but probably not dominating the posts until the game's been released worldwide. But what might he do in the meantime? We already know everything about the 3DS version if we're not spoiler free, and since Sakurai cares about people staying spoiler free, as his post on Friday indicated, we probably won't see any unlockables unless theyre in secret pages like the Dojo did. I'd love for him to just start showing off more Wii U stages (like an Epic Yarn stage) and modes, but I can see him wanting to hype people outside of Japan up for the 3DS version to buy it since we can't just yet.
Very strange, we've never had to deal with a situation like this. Guess we'll see sooner or later.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Sakurai comment said to expect patches to fix potential issues, so it wouldn't surprise me to see some updates. Also this Day 1 Patch contains a new game mode.

That said, what will we see from now on? Secret characters mixed with Wii U pics?
What mode is that? That's a pretty big deal that they're willing to add whole game modes in patches.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
"Picture of the Day: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS is already out in Japan! To celebrate, here's the title screen of the game! Did I post this already?"

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Friday was the end of the Golden Age, today is the dawn of another era, either the Dark times, or the Silver Ages.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sorry I haven't update in a bit! The menu pics got so boring that I fell asleep for 5 days. What did I miss?
The whole roster getting reveal (unless you were talking about today)

Not only the leak roster was real it was the whole thing (the miis was the only one missing they get added when you build 1 mii)

And it gets even worse than that mewtwo and king k rool are collectable trophys again

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
or the platinum ages ....prabobly the menu ages
It's more the U age...

Seriously, I can't wait to realise that I will probably appreciate my WiiU a lot more than now because...I have no use of it except doing 100% at spm, underrated game.

So, please be any WiiU screen. I have the demo on my system anyea so I can get 60 potd per second if I wanted.

Btw, if menu, ONLY WiiU is accepted because I already have a nice preview of it.

Like, just show any WiiU shot and I'm happy. This includes luigi nose btw.

As for hype...watch at 2:35:04

http://www.twitch.tv/gema_yue/b/567742352

Oh ok, if you feel like torturing your ears, here's the youtube uploads of the same music, but it's a compressed version...just saying.

I love this track, but not the compression. It really is an awesome TTYD rep here.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I want a secret character just so we can see a high quality version of that character's render.
Wonder what would happen if it was Paper Mario....

Anyway, speculation is done for now so, let's just assume that thee's no other playable character from now on.

Until DLC happens.

Now that I think about it, how it would be hype to get DLC confirmation via POTD? Not the trailers nor characters but just DLC happening.

Khao

Smash Lord
There's no way they're not gonna post something to celebrate the launch of the game.

I think cool stuff is coming this week, but not this day.

Also, wouldn't expect much Wii U info until the game's already out worldwide.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm expecting something boring, or a new stage.
Oh yeah on that note, I have now new most wanted stuff with how I love spm and Paper Mario got [deconfirmed]. Those are now my new most wanted elements:

ANY form of SPM rep, but ultimate show is my most wanted rep for this.

Theater as stage, no explanation is needed.

Ridley as boss OR playable. Even tough it doesn't seem it's the later unfortunately for now, hazard was actually ok for me since the beginning, but they better tell it soon then.

I'm getting super hype if we get ANY big Paper Mario repping and especially for stages. I know how music can get really amazing for the quantity on WiiU, but with the only one I got on 3ds being awesome, any music on WiiU will be godlike. Tough, this includes assist or maybe trophies depending on description.

I would like to see my main, G&W soon in a pic tough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom