• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I swear Swift Fox wasn't even in this thread a second before the picture was posted, and he's still first.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I see the Wii U content showing up in October. I can't wait!

Despite knowing their inclusion I hope we see Bowser Jr's and/or Duck Hunt Dog's trailers later today. Not only would they be fun to watch but they could announce new Wii U stages as well.

As for the pic, nothing really to add here. It's a nice looking menu.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well, that's that. What a fun ride it has been through the pre-release POTD's for the 3DS version. I think we should all take a moment to reflect on all the times we have shared together here, the good and the bad, before we move into a whole new era of POTD's. The era of HD.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Japanese version is getting patches? Interesting...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
It would be so funny if Sakurai is trying to take the pic and a couple other dots appear he doesn't notice and he posts the PoTD then goes back and finds out the leakers are playing, lol

D

Deleted member

The Japanese version is getting patches? Interesting...
The patch that was just released only adds online for the retail version, so nothing big.
Sorry to spoil it guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Why are there so many dots on the English screenshot? o_O

Edit: Ok, wait, am I going crazy here? I could've sworn the pic changed from having the flag over Japan and no other hotspots to having it over California and a bunch of hotspots...

Edit 2: Nevermind, I'm confirmed insane. I got the top screen and bottom screen mixed up somehow. XP

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We'll probably get more interesting PotDs after the US version comes out to hype the Wii U one. So I don't expect much hype for a while. Granted, I'll check here and there, but I don't expect anything.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Oh wow, patches confirmed, Japan gets a day 1 patch?

This is actually a deceptively HUGE update.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Wouldn't it be funny if this patch update included Mewtwo as an unlockable?
I know...its not going to happen, but- what if...?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And thus concludes our literal Menu Week.

You know what? I think I might be done with the PotDs too. Not seeing much of a point now that I think about it.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Where is everyone getting the patches statement from? Sorry I'm confused
The miiverse comment for the second pic.

"Even if you don't want to be spoiled, it might be wise to select the Online option at least once before you start the game. Your Global Smash Power won't appear until the first time you connect to the internet. Not only that, but there could potentially be a patch available that can resolve potential issues, like the one being released now for the Japanese version of the game. For the package version, updates can be pre-downloaded to your system even before you purchase the game, so make sure you look out for them."

And thus concludes our literal Menu Week.
My favorite menu was Alph.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't suppose people want the English PotD
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmBHudeLg

Pic of the day. This is the World Status you can see in Spectator mode. The game isn't released yet so the map looks pretty plain now, but I wonder what it'll look like once it's out? Also, this is where you can see all sorts of stats being tallied up. In Group play and Spectator mode, you can see characters you haven't unlocked yet, so watch out if you don't want to be spoiled.

Even if you don't want to be spoiled, it might be wise to select the Online option at least once before you start the game. Your Global Smash Power won't appear until the first time you connect to the internet. Not only that, but there could potentially be a patch available that can resolve potential issues, like the one being released now for the Japanese version of the game. For the package version, updates can be pre-downloaded to your system even before you purchase the game, so make sure you look out for them.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Guys top of the pic. "Total number of replays posted worldwide"

Replay uploads of some sort confirmed.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Could this mean that patches for character buffs/nerfs are a possibility? If so that means Dlc chars are possible now.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
SO HYPE!!!!

Japanese people can buy the game in like 16 hours, and this is what you post to kick things off?

There better be a goddamn newcomer trailer in the next two days. I want to see what they came up with for Duck Hunt or the Jr and the Koopalings (you know they're all going to be in that trailer).

Also would be hype to see them in HD.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My favorite menu was Alph.
Actually the Alph POTD showed the CSS on the second pic, which is technically the Character Menu... so Sakurai managed to sneak tiny bits of menu in all the pics of the week.... Sakurai, you glorious Ninja

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Downloading the updates/patches themselves before the game even comes out

At least I can stare at the Smash logo in my 3DS data.

Regardless they must be banking that both streams will more than make up for the calm before the storm. Too bad I won't be here to watch it.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Lackluster pic as per usual. Least hes consistent. But kindof anticipating a newcomer reveal on the stream today so thatll make up for it.... hopefully. Long as its not a reveal of a leaked character buuuut thatll likely be the case at this point.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Missed the pic of the day but hey it's just another menu. Looking forward to next week though, I think the first update on the old dojo after Brawl released was a hidden character update right away so we'll probably see Ness and Falco. The big thing is getting to see how all of these characters look in the Wii U version since that's still a ways to go. Still have that trailer to look forward to of DHD and Bowser Jr. as well, maybe it's even two trailers. See you guys next week for hopefully the start of more interesting pics of the day.

He just posted about the Nico Nico stream. Official character reveals imminent?
I forgot all about that, if he posted about it we'll probably get a trailer.

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't see what else he could be talking about, honestly. The POTDs seem to have covered pretty much everything, at least for the 3DS Version.
Now we just wait for the inevitable wave of information for the WiiU version, and everything will start anew.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So,isn't there suppose to be some Nintendo direct starting in a few minutes?
If you're talking about the Nico nico stream, I believe that starts in an hour. If you're talking about the treehouse stream, I believe that starts in 8 hours. If you mean an actual direct, I have no idea what you're talking about.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
If you're talking about the Nico nico stream, I believe that starts in an hour. If you're talking about the treehouse stream, I believe that starts in 8 hours. If you mean an actual direct, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Ah,I see. It seems I was misinformed on the details.thanks for clarifying that information.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It's a menu but seeing the world light up playin Smash Bros... well that's neat. And even though patches and DLC were very likely it's nice to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

I already strongly believe when Sakurai said "We're thinking about it" regarding Mewtwo at E3 2013, he meant as a DLC character after they were done with the game. They've probably already started working on him, along with others... (Ridley, Dixie, m-maybe Tetra?)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even though the 3DS coverage may be drawing to a close, there's still the Wii U version that needs to be covered. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that this thread will stay open until Sakurai officially concludes his screenshot postings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom