• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Menu confirmed playable character in Smash, and Menu has a LOT of alternate costumes. :troll:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I hope for the rest of the week we get more menus, but only if it all leads up to a huge newcomer trailer Friday. Then all the menus would be worth it.

Hey, it happened the week Shulk got revealed, so it could happen again.

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai is still torturing us because of the leak. Watch him not even acknowledge Super Smash Bros. 3DS' release after it comes out and never update the site with the complete roster. Afterwards he'll cancel Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and quit game development indefinitely.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
4 days, 17 hours, 12 minutes and 52 seconds until Japanese release and information overload. I can deal with a menu.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow is Tuesday tutorials
I have no idea what he is trying to do. Does he know.info is going to be poured out this week?
I guess he isn't in a rush to update website I guess. But still, Japanese fans need something to get hype for the last few days before it comes out.

Morbi

Scavenger
In other news, replays just got confirmed for the 3DS version, and no one noticed or cared.
I still do not notice or care, thank you very much. I consider myself a masochist, but I feel as though I need to start crying for a safe-word. I cannot take any more of these menus. At first it was funny, and it is still funny, I suppose. But I, of all people, am starting to feel the pain. Or the pain no longer brings me pleasure.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Lol, just when we thought there couldn't possibly be any more Menu pictures.

but at least it looks nice

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I never knew you could sarcastically put up a picture, but here we are. At least we still have demo hype. A full body of FD Link would have been way better.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Tomorrows pic of the day will be taken in front of a mirror. That mirror will be in front of another mirror. In the middle of those 2 mirrors is the 3ds that Sakurai uses to take these pictures and it will be another picture of a menu. The menu will reflect infinitely in the 2 mirrors and drive everyone to madness.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I still do not notice or care, thank you very much. I consider myself a masochist, but I feel as though I need to start crying for a safe-word. I cannot take any more of these menus. At first it was funny, and it is still funny, I suppose. But I, of all people, am starting to feel the pain. Or the pain no longer brings me pleasure.
I was just being "snarky while saying something true", the highest form of wit, but to be serious about the quality of these updates, they're about as good as you could ask for given the circumstances. The roster has leaked. The stage list has leaked. The elements of both we lack details for are obviously unlockable and not to be shown before release. The reports from the Japanese demo version flood us with gameplay details including things like alt costumes. Since the 3DS version launches in a week, focusing on the Wii U version would be crazy. What could he actually show us that would be meaningful? We could see some more custom moves, or we could see some menus. The menus double as a recap of all of the content in the game including features like replays that he never actually got around to discussing before. It's really not very "hype" from the perspective of showing us exciting new information, but it couldn't possibly live up to that anyway. It's also a bit of a tease of "imagine yourself clicking through these deciding what you'll do first" with a cruel hint of "game doesn't release in your region until October suckers!" which does have some hype but also a pain that I must say hurts me a lot more than any degree of boring PotDs could.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
And you will get it as soon as the japanese reveal it to the interwebs
Nah, I need it to be as clean as possible, it's for my signature afterall.

Oh, and menus I guess. I dunno, I'm not overly interested in them since we're basically going to see everything that is to these menus the first 5 minutes we hold the game ourselves, I'd prefer we got information that actually tells us about certain mechanics instead.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I feel that everytime Sakurai upsets his wife, he tries to make it up to her by showing her work in PotD's. Lately, he's been a very bad boy.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Too bad I'm on my phone so I can't pull up a comical gif of someone slamming his face on a desk until it turns into a bloody mess (I'm sure a gif likes that exists somewhere)
I'm curious about what he said that you first trophy is always random. I know they program to avoid this, but imagine getting the ultimate hard mode completed trophy right off the bat. That'd be funny.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I feel that everytime Sakurai upsets his wife, he tries to make it up to her by showing her work in PotD's. Lately, he's been a very bad boy.
Theory 2: Sakurai's wife has been hijacking PotD for the past two weeks and no one's been able to catch her yet?....
v.v nevermind yours is better.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
For some reason, I doubt today's update being a menu.
"Pic of the day. This is what the view looks like within the Vault. YourTrophies collection will start off with one randomly selected trophy. In your Album, you can view pictures you've taken of fighters posing. Photos taken with the 3D Depth Slider on will take photos in stereoscopic 3D, and photos will be in 2D when they're taken with that feature turned off."

Eng. pic:

You cannot grasp the true form of the menus' attacks.

It is neverending.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
"All you do is work! It's to the point that you're ruining your health! You're not as good with your hands anymore either."

:troll:

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So do we need to bring in some sort of rule/taboo on the word menu?

Kinda like how we did with "filler"? :<

I really do like those men interfaces though.

Last edited:
Yeah S&M kinda kills it for you

hm?

Oh yeah menus.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Do people actually still care about POTD. The whole game is getting leaked in less than 48 hours.
No, the 1,049 pages you see here are simply the result of chance and people posting in the wrong topic.

In all seriousness, if you don't care, feel free to not post in here.

Oooh 48 hours? What makes you say that?
That's better asked in another thread so as to not derail this one. Keep in mind (general) leak talk =/= on topic in this thread.

So do we need to bring in some sort of rule/taboo on the word menu?

Kinda like how we did with "filler"? :<

I really do like those men interfaces though.
But

What about those of us that actually like menu pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom