• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
I think he was listing Toon Link as his own being introduced in Brawl...whereas the Link in the Wind Waker would technically be called "Link".
If that's how it is, then Mr. Game and Watch should be 2001 with Melee, since there never was really a guy named Mr. Game and Watch on the Game and Watch games. I'd say Toon Link would be 2002.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Interesting picture today. The All-Star mode is no longer locked, but is limited to the characters unlocked. The leaked roster isn't the full one, so there's still more to come. Good.

Anyway, every Smash Bros. character by debut year (includes unconfirmed veterans and leaked characters):

1980 - Pac-Man, Mr. Game & Watch
1981 - Mario, Donkey Kong
1983 - Luigi
1984 - Little Mac, Duck Hunt
1985 - Peach, Bowser, R.O.B., Ice Climbers
1986 - Link, Zelda, Samus, Pit, Palutena
1987 - Mega Man, Snake
1990 - Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Marth, Dr. Mario
1991 - Sonic
1992 - Kirby, King Dedede, Wario
1993 - Meta Knight, Fox, Falco
1994 - Diddy Kong, Ness
1996 - Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur
1997 - Wolf
1998 - Sheik, Ganondorf
1999 - Pichu
2001 - Olimar, Villager, Roy
2002 - Toon Link, Bowser Jr.
2004 - Zero Suit Samus
2005 - Ike
2006 - Lucario, Mii Fighter, Lucas
2007 - Rosalina & Luma, Wii Fit Trainer
2010 - Shulk
2012 - Robin, Lucina, Dark Pit
2013 - Greninja

LowCarbs

Smash Cadet
Interesting picture today. The All-Star mode is no longer locked, but is limited to the characters unlocked. The leaked roster isn't the full one, so there's still more to come. Good.

Anyway, every Smash Bros. character by debut year (includes unconfirmed veterans and leaked characters):

1983 - Luigi
1987 - Mega Man, Snake
1991 - Sonic
1994 - Diddy Kong, Ness
1997 - Wolf
1998 - Sheik, Ganondorf
1999 - Pichu
2004 - Zero Suit Samus
2005 - Ike
2010 - Shulk
2013 - Greninja
As said before in this thread, this doesn't confirm that the leaked roster is incomplete. The screenshots could have been from two different save files of the game. However, I think the most compelling argument that the roster is incomplete is still how the characters are arranged on the CSS. I doubt they'd keep Yoshi between the Mario characters and the clones separated from their franchises on the final CSS with all characters revealed.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, even if the screenshot was taken on a different moment, now I'm 99.9% sure the roster isn't complete. Mainly because of its arrangement, but also because of today's update.

There's still hope for my most wanted! :D

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
This picture is literally the same one in the leak, so... isn't it possible that the picture that the ESRB were to get was literally the exact same one? Meaning that the roster screen would have no bearing on this screen.

Still, I guess people wanna hope and no one really has a right to attempt to crush that, so carry on wanting whatever you want and I'll just shut up and be happy that I got my most wanted.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
My brothers

This is what he does

Since Melee, it was a dependable rule that All Star will be unlocked only when all characters have been unlocked

But Sakurai

He took this rule, this reality, and crumpled it as if it was the most lifeless leaf

This is what he does, my brothers.

This is what he does.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Non of the leakers said that was the final roster, and we wont know until people get early copies before street date like XY so anything could happen.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
As much as this explains some of the leaked images, it doesn't do much more than that. It still doesn't tell us one way or another if there's more characters passed the leaked images, but at least the hope is reconvening from the overall hype death from the past week or so. Personally, I think there's still some content left to be seen, but I won't get my hopes up till judgement day.

Anyways guys, Only 11 days left until I'm sure someone will show us any and all content we wish to know through the japanese version. Just chill and ride whatever hype train you have till the 13th.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As much as I'd like for there to be more characters this screenshot really doesn't change anything to be honest, we already assumed All-Star was locked, so if you already were pessimistic on the matter I don't see how this would sway you.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Wait till tomorrow's PotD starts talking about the character select screen, and how he's decided to change up the usual layout of the characters.

Then we'll be f***ed. :troll:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
This was the best possible update Sakurai could have done. Now the magic of speculating can finally return! <3

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Wait till tomorrow's PotD starts talking about the character select screen, and how he's decided to change up the usual layout of the characters.

Then we'll be f***ed. :troll:
I'd love such a pic if only because it should/would make the "there's more characters" crowd the minority.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'd love such a pic if only because it should/would make the "there's more characters" crowd the minority.
I don't actually what a deconfirmation of this theory, as I'm still waiting on Ridley and a DK rep (Dixie or K. Rool.)

I was just making a joke, haha.

You hear me, Sakurai? Hahaha, A JOKE.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I thought it was common knowledge that the roster wasn't complete since All-Star Mode was still locked.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Nope. Not getting hyped.
Too close to get hyped and then disappointed. The roster is already incredible. No need to push it.

Anyway, I seriously hope someone in Japan breaks street date.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

1983 - Luigi
1987 - Mega Man, Snake
1991 - Sonic
1994 - Diddy Kong, Ness
1997 - Wolf
1998 - Sheik, Ganondorf
1999 - Pichu
2004 - Zero Suit Samus
2005 - Ike
2010 - Shulk
2013 - Greninja
This bodes well for Mewtwo.
Nope. Not getting hyped.
Too close to get hyped and then disappointed. The roster is already incredible. No need to push it.

Anyway, I seriously hope someone in Japan breaks street date.
It's a good roster, but needs Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
This confirms Warios unlock-able. Goddamn it
Why. Just why.

At least it sorta made sense for Ness and Falcon in Brawl, as they originated as unlockables and then became starters. (although I still didn't like them going back to unlockable), but why a proper starter character like Wario!?

Not to mention, you'd think characters like Robin, Palutena, Rosalina, Toon Link, and Lucario and/or Greninja would be unlockables, despite being shown early.

Sakurai sure has some weird ideas on who should become starter and who should become unlockable this time around.

----

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Doesn't this bode well for DLC characters as well? Seeing as you can play All-Star mode at any point, introducing new characters wouldn't really mess up anything in between.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I don't see how this changes anything... We already knew the leaked roster wasn't final. =S

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't this bode well for DLC characters as well? Seeing as you can play All-Star mode at any point, introducing new characters wouldn't really mess up anything in between.
That's what it seems like to me. I can't imagine playing an incomplete All-Star mode being that different from playing Classic mode. This really seems like the most logical reason for making this mode more available.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nice knowing that the lock points out that you still have characters to unlock. Of course, it's pretty strange that Greninja will very likely be the last character that you'll fight.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't see how this changes anything... We already knew the leaked roster wasn't final. =S
It changes people would said otherwise which should help speculation until release.

But from a global perspective, you're right and people should have got that since the beginning, but apparently, nope.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I at least hope you get an additional reward for beating the mode with all characters unlocked.

If each character gets a trophy for beating All-Star, then I guess it would make sense to complete it a bunch of times before unlocking anything, for the sake of making each run short.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Why. Just why.

At least it sorta made sense for Ness and Falcon in Brawl, as they originated as unlockables and then became starters. (although I still didn't like them going back to unlockable), but why a proper starter character like Wario!?

Not to mention, you'd think characters like Robin, Palutena, Rosalina, Toon Link, and Lucario and/or Greninja would be unlockables, despite being shown early.

Sakurai sure has some weird ideas on who should become starter and who should become unlockable this time around.

----
I'm glad about it to be honest, I find it more fun to have different characters to unlock rather than the same ones again.

I at least hope you get an additional reward for beating the mode with all characters unlocked.

If each character gets a trophy for beating All-Star, then I guess it would make sense to complete it a bunch of times before unlocking anything, for the sake of making each run short.
I really hope it is like Brawl, where beating All-Stars rewarded you with a trophy about the character's final smash.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why are people assuming this update means there are more characters than the leak confirms now?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
But the picture could be taken at another time. Also the empty spots already point to that so it's mute.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Both the Leak and this picture have a lock on the all star mode meaning that should be more unloackables.
I can't find a picture of the leaked all star mode

The main thread doesn't have the image anymore

Did the all star mode in that have game and watch, DHD, and ROB?

Mr. Game & Watch - 1980
Duck Hunt - 1984
R.O.B. - 1985

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I know it is early, but I just wanted to post my prediction early tonight.
I am predicting a 3ds screenshot. It will not be of a stage, and possibly not have Shulk in it. It will be about some game mode in it, possibly but not limiting to Smash Run or the Streetpass minigame.
I totally called it, for the second day in a row!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Don't get too hyped, guys, there's always the small chance that the leaker used a debug function just to unlock all the characters without affecting anything else.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nice knowing that the lock points out that you still have characters to unlock. Of course, it's pretty strange that Greninja will very likely be the last character that you'll fight.
At least there's a chance he'll be lumped in alongside the Awakening characters, a 1v1 versus Olimar ending All-Star in Brawl was super anti-climatic.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I can't find a picture of the leaked all star mode

The main thread doesn't have the image anymore

Did the all star mode in that have game and watch, DHD, and ROB?

Mr. Game & Watch - 1980
Duck Hunt - 1984
R.O.B. - 1985
I think it had the same picture i can't seem to find it myself now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it had the same picture i can't seem to find it myself now.
Then it's worthless

If the Leaked image didn't even have the unlocked characters in it

It can't be used to prove there are more characters than those shown in the leak

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Then it's worthless

If the Leaked image didn't even have the unlocked characters in it

It can't be used to prove there are more characters than those shown in the leak
I believe your right i personally believe the leaked roster is all were getting nothing else but this picture has made some people say otherwise because it has the lock like the leaked picture and they believe it was taken at the same time as the leaked roster.

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
At least there's a chance he'll be lumped in alongside the Awakening characters, a 1v1 versus Olimar ending All-Star in Brawl was super anti-climatic.
I wish All-Star went backwards in time instead. First you fight against some fresh faces, and then you delve deeper into the past and meet more iconic and classic characters. Just imagine ending on Game & Watch and Pac-Man.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I wish All-Star went backwards in time instead. First you fight against some fresh faces, and then you delve deeper into the past and meet more iconic and classic characters. Just imagine ending on Game & Watch and Pac-Man.
Yep, ending with Greninja seems kind of lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom