• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a few people have also said, I don't think I'll play All-Star until I've unlocked every character. It just wouldn't feel right. Unless you now need to play All-Star mode to unlock a character. That'd be so weird though.

It'd be cool if the three third party reps were unlocked from All-Star mode though, seeing as they are All-Stars.
Beat All-Star mode to unlock Duck Hunt Dog...so you can turn around and officially beat All-Star mode.

KatKit

Smash Lord
One day I hope 2008 makes it in the All-star timeline. If not this game, maybe the next. Haters hate, but Style Savvy rep FTW. It's apart of Nintendo's more recent history that is often overlooked.

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Wait I'm confused. Did the leaker show a pic of his All-Star Mode having a lock on it then? I never saw that pic.

If so, that does confirm additional characters after the leak.

Last edited:

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Interesting. Maybe Sakurai was inclined to post this following the leaked roster so as to say there are still more surprises left concerning newcomers. Either way I'm glad he clarified this.

Yeah this is my thought too, its like he knew we were worried about the leak being the final roster and posted this to rekindle our hope!

If so, that does confirm additional characters after the leak.
Not necessarily confirmed. For the sake of making the ESRB video, they could have used developer tools to make every character available without affecting the flag that determines if All-Star is available (or in this case, "complete").

Or, the footage could have come from different stages of game completion by the player.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

This is literally the majority of us in here right now.

Praise be had. The hype is back and more real than ever.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
NGL, I giggled at this one. The roster is incomplete. Yessssss.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
This really isn't the thread for debates, but personally I feel that, just like the stage screen on the 3DS, the top screen for the 3DS will be completely filled with characters on the CSS, leaving no black background.

The way the CSS looked during leak just looked....yuck. Very unorganized and un-Sakurai like.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not necessarily confirmed. For the sake of making the ESRB video, they could have used developer tools to make every character available without affecting the flag that determines if All-Star is available (or in this case, "complete").

Or, the footage could have come from different stages of game completion by the player.
Why go to such lengths for an ESRB demo? They weren't trying to actively deceive us, and showing ESRB what AS looks like with a lock on it wouldn't change the rating.

Staarih

Smash Master
Such a relief to hear this, even if I didn't really believe all characters were there in the first place.

Random thought: who would be the newest addition to the roster (and last in All-Star?), Greninja I think? Fun to see a year as recent as last year appear in the game.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
This really does change things a lot though. For all we know, Wolf/Ice Climbers/ROB/Lucas and even Ridley, Mewtwo and Snake could be in. Snake is of course highly doubtful though. Still, the hype is back!

Can I just add this image to every one of my posts until one of the mods/the admin nabs it and it ends up as an emote?

Boofer

Smash Ace

Oh yeah. I wouldn't put my hopes up too high, mainly considering the latter possibility, but the fact there was something incomplete given to the ESRB at least means that there's a chance that the roster is incomplete (given what we know now). This, by no means, is the nail in the coffin but it sparks a bit of hope at least.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's so nice to see there's likely still more characters besides the leak.

I think the leak was starting to get very heavy over our heads.

I also agree with the notion that if Nintendo are willing to show an incomplete mode to the ESRB then anything else they showed them could be incomplete too.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
For everyone who feared that their most wanted characters/favorite veterans got the axe...Hope has sprung anew. We can celebrate!!! (For now, at least)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Such a relief to hear this, even if I didn't really believe all characters were there in the first place.

Random thought: who would be the newest addition to the roster (and last in All-Star?), Greninja I think? Fun to see a year as recent as last year appear in the game.
How about Inkling? You can't get more recent than next year :awesome:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Why go to such lengths for an ESRB demo? They weren't trying to actively deceive us, and showing ESRB what AS looks like with a lock on it wouldn't change the rating.
I've mentioned it before, but the Imgur leaks, presumably also from the ESRB demo, has a Barbara the Bat trophy, and it says that it is 6/11 (6th trophy out of 11 collected). Every other trophy in the leak has ???/686 or so trophies.

So, it's clear that they DO have footage from varying levels of completion.

So the "lock" image does not absolutely mean that the roster pic is not the final roster. It seems like a stupid thing to do, but it's clearly a thing.

There's a Starfy assist on the ground left of where Shulk is standing.
That's just a normal trophy, not an Assist.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
There's a Starfy assist on the ground left of where Shulk is standing.

That's a trophy of Starfy, not an assist. Brawl also had visible trophies to be picked up in All-Star.

Also, Sakurai doesn't mention anything on Assists still.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Also, speaking on the PotD, All Star mode is going to be very epic. Imagine all these characters you have fight...through the years up to 2013.

Just...wow.

R0Y

Smash Master
FYI for those asking, Ridley wouldn't be shown if he is not unlocked in the second pic. Read the POTD description.

Sakurai has a debug menu where he can choose who is unlocked most likely.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The possible order of fights after Meta Knight: (Please note, I'm not sure if it's Japan only debuts, but that's what I'm going off of, Japan only.)

Mr. Game & Watch - 1980
Duck Hunt - 1984
R.O.B. - 1985
Dr. Mario - 1990
Wario - 1992
Ness - 1994
Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff - 1996
Sheik, Ganondorf - 1998
Villager, Olimar - 2001
Bowser Jr. - 2002
Zero Suit Samus - 2004
Ike - 2005
Mii Fighter, Lucario - 2006
Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma - 2007
Toon Link - 2008
Shulk - 2010
Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit- 2012
Greninja - 2013

It could be out of order, but I tried my best based on Japan's release dates. Also note, that only the years are in order, not the individual days that the characters appeared in.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Can someone get me up to speed with the mewtwo/ridley/dixie/impa/mach leak and its status of reliability?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So, since we know that certain characters don't appear unless unlocked, but that characters are appearing in roughly chronological order, can we not figure out a few of the locked characters by who is currently present on the All-Star Mode, and whose "time" has been skipped without them appearing?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ok, I really hate to state this though after calming down from hype, but even though this confirms the lock was indeed real...

How do we know that leaked All Stars wasn't taken before the roster?

:[

[Still holding out that there's more to unlock!]

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Ok, I really hate to state this though after calming down from hype, but even though this confirms the lock was indeed real...

How do we know that leaked All Stars wasn't taken before the roster?

:[

[Still holding out that there's more to unlock!]
While this is true, I think it would be kind of strange for this video to be shot in fragments out of order.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This is not evidence there are more characters to unlock than what was shown in the leak. It merely does not provide evidence against that possibility which I still consider fairly remote though not impossible. I would strongly advise against getting too worked up over nothing; it actually seems very implausible to me that the ESRB video was shot all at once so you can't draw any inferences that different parts of it are connected like that.

Also, 6 characters per row on this screen will go well with the current roster. It's 48 characters so you have eight rows of 6. Mii Fighters have other roles in single player and likely will not appear in All Star Mode. All in all this is a good and interesting update... just please don't draw conclusions that are not reasonable from it.

D

Deleted member

Now let's just hope this All-Star mode won't be as atrociously unbalanced as Brawl's.

Last edited by a moderator:

LowCarbs

Smash Cadet
The possible order of fights after Meta Knight: (Please note, I'm not sure if it's Japan only debuts, but that's what I'm going off of, Japan only.)

Mr. Game & Watch - 1980
Duck Hunt - 1984
R.O.B. - 1985
Dr. Mario - 1990
Wario - 1992
Ness - 1994
Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff - 1996
Sheik, Ganondorf - 1998
Villager, Olimar - 2001
Bowser Jr. - 2002
Zero Suit Samus - 2004
Ike - 2005
Mii Fighter, Lucario - 2006
Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma - 2007
Toon Link - 2008
Shulk - 2010
Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit- 2012
Greninja - 2013

It could be out of order, but I tried my best based on Japan's release dates. Also note, that only the years are in order, not the individual days that the characters appeared in.
Shouldn't Toon Link be 2002?

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
I wish I weren't so obsessive / gluttonous, because I already know in my heart of hearts I'm not gonna touch All-Star mode until I've unlocked every single character.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
He rebuilt the hype.
All.
Bets.
Are.