• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
so more characters then what are in the leak sounds good to me.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Things just got interesting.

This will certainly cause mass debate.

Now if only we had music for the debate...

1trackmind

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
ajsfdoisafjoasifjoasijooisaf

SAKUUUUUUURAIIIIIIII.

MASSSAHHHIIIIROOOO.

WHHHHYYYYYYY

I can't. I can't even.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hell Yes. :popo: Are still alive. And I told you it wouldn't make sense for them to be cut

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Makes me wonder how many characters we truly have left.... also someone wanna point me to that direct rumor you were talking about?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Makes me wonder how many characters we truly have left.... also someone wanna point me to that direct rumor you were talking about?
Apparently Nintendo of Russia leaked a direct happening today/ tomorrow, on their website, by mistake.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
"Behold, the history of Nintendo games!" - Masahiro Sakurai

That has instantly become one of my favorite quotes from any game developer, ever.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Excellent move, Sakurai. I don't care if I have to go to hell and back to unlock Ice Climbers. I'll do it. I'LL ****ING DO IT!!!

D

Deleted member

I'm glad I didn't go to bed yet.
So, All-Star mode is available from start, while more fighters get added as they're unlocked. Interesting.

The lock showing up until everyone is unlocked is even more interesting.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Aw snap...

"Hope will never die!" - Lucina

Now discussion will spark up even more. Mods better prepare themselves for sleepless nights.

Heh! Heh, heh...heh...

Ahh... :) / :(

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely love that All-Star mode is using chronological order of appearance, I don't know why, I just do.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Noteworthy observation:

There are six fighter slots per row. There are five full rows and the sixth cuts off on the top.

Therefore, this particular picture gives no indication as to how many rows there are. And nor does it suggest how many characters can fit in, because the roster numbers are odd numbered.

If we have six per row, then we'd need at least nine rows (54) to accomodate a mininum of 51 fighters (49 + 3 Miis). Does this mean there will be three more characters to bump it up to an even 54?

Who knows? :4masahiro:

Last edited:
This picture reinforces the notion that Wario is hidden, or else he'd be grouped with Sonic, Fox, et al. in the pic.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Oh my, this will end in debates...
Which would then lead to everyone taking breaks to laugh at Miiverse posts.

Anywho, call me old-fashioned, but unless playing All-star mode unlocks characters (which seems like a paradox, IMO), I'm not going to play it until I unlock everyone. It just seems wrong lol.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
This is so much better than two 50 second music clips.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I like how this time, it goes on what year the character was created, not the series was created. It'll be a good way to mix things up and keep them from going stale. I wonder if the stage is random each time too, depending on the line up of fighters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I HAVE SO MANY BABIES AND THEY HAVE SO MANY CHANCES.

I....

EXCUSE ME I MUST GO CRY THE CRY OF MAN TEARS.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Very interesting!

Good to have all-star available from the start, but STILL be used to determine if all the characters have been unlocked yet.

Also, leak's legitimacy being proved even more by Sakurai himself. But to go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!!
*Goes Super Saiyan 3*

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The other thing I think this supports is the supposed starting roster on the Japanese eShop being legit.

All third parties, Luigi, Falcon, and even Shulk were top candidates for still being unlockable, I believe.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I find it funny that Sakurai unknowingly saved the hearts of many fans worldwide. At least temporarily. These next couple of weeks are going to be great for sure.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Interesting. Maybe Sakurai was inclined to post this following the leaked roster so as to say there are still more surprises left concerning newcomers. Either way I'm glad he clarified this.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I still wonder if the CSS roster and the All Star-pic were taken in different points of development. I'm thus not entirely convinced that we're yet to be seen all characters. If anything, the remaining newcomers (Pittoo, Doc, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr) along with Wario being apparently unlockable (and perhaps Ness) could just be the last ones still guys. Don't jump the gun here.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Interesting. Maybe Sakurai was inclined to post this following the leaked roster so as to say there are still more surprises left concerning newcomers. Either way I'm glad he clarified this.
Bingo. I don't think he cares that gave away there are more characters to be seen. He just doesn't want us seeing who they are, and also wants to keep our heads up after the leak. There might be surprises yet to come...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
As a few people have also said, I don't think I'll play All-Star until I've unlocked every character. It just wouldn't feel right. Unless you now need to play All-Star mode to unlock a character. That'd be so weird though.

It'd be cool if the three third party reps were unlocked from All-Star mode though, seeing as they are All-Stars.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Best menu pic. Where's the hate now, everyone?

:troll:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I still wonder if the CSS roster and the All Star-pic were taken in different points of development. I'm thus not entirely convinced that we're yet to be seen all characters. If anything, the remaining newcomers (Pittoo, Doc, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr) along with Wario being apparently unlockable (and perhaps Ness) could just be the last ones still guys. Don't jump the gun here.
Pity us fools if you wish; I can and I will count my chickens before they hatch if I want to. :colorful::estatic:

Whia

Smash Apprentice
Let me preface this by saying I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but how does this confirm additional characters? One of the arguments against the all-star pic in the leak was the pics weren't necessarily taken in any kind of order - the all-star picture could've been taken before the CSS pic.

I hope the CSS we saw was incomplete too (I'm pathetically desperate for Mewtwo to return), but, this doesn't prove anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom