• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
Again, the caption gives interesting info. Why would the Wii U challenges be harder? Now that's interesting; if anything, I would think it would have been the other way around.

Hardcore fans are more likely to get the Wii U version or both.

Uhhh, why?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nobody worry about there only be 35 challenges, if Kid Icarus: Uprising is any inspiration, further panels, probably with 35 more challenges, will unlock after certain events happen.
http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunt
IIRC a leaked image showed the challenges screen and there was an arrow and the numbers 5/8. So presumably there will be at least 8 pages of challenges.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Anyone wanna go through the effort of finding out what those 4 boxes on the lower screen are?

Looks like Toon Link in one, HRC or the bomb minigame in another and idk what the other two have. The light is probably a challenge being completed.

Edit: Looks like there's another HRC image in the lower screen. The one in the upper right corner was the first one I noticed but one of the ones in the middle looks like it has Sandbag. Can't figure out what the left-most one is. Looks like it might be a Mario stage? That 3D Land one or whatever it was?

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost certain Sakurai changed his PotD plans after the leak.

He's now intentionally showing as few character/stage/AssistTrophy/etc stuff as possible in order to preserve as many surprises as he can. And petty spite too, of course.

So I expect 3DS pics only from here on out, and all menu / game mode stuff, most of which will be old info or stating the obvious.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The caption reminds me of Kid Icarus Uprising again with its challenges. I'm greatly interested in all the KI:U similarities Smash 4 has. Could it be that unlocking many of the panels will reveal a picture like it did for KI:U?

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It's like Sakurai doesn't care that the game is about to come out and nobody will look at his PotDs anymore because they're too busy playing the game when its out.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Oh gee wow! The challenge grid! It's not like they were in the past 5 games you've made before, Sakurai.
Yep. It'll be nothing but menu filler from here on out as punishment for the leak frenzy.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm almost certain Sakurai changed his PotD plans after the leak.

He's now intentionally showing as few character/stage/AssistTrophy/etc stuff as possible in order to preserve as many surprises as he can. And petty spite too, of course.

So I expect 3DS pics only from here on out, and all menu / game mode stuff, most of which will be old info or stating the obvious.
:p he made the game, it's his call....honestly, this is a great way to get off some of that steam from having your game leaked all over the internet.
Just be happy he isn't cancelling it on us. (Even though he can't really do that at this point...)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I like how people complain its info we already know from the leak- it isn't his fault that it leaked and I think it serves us right. We got a lot of info unintentionally so a few days where you have seen this stuff before isn't gonna kill you.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
But we have two 3DS pics in a row this weak before this PotD was posted. I was expecting a Wii U pic because of this.
One pic for the Wii U version for this week is pretty much garunteed, plus we've had 2 or even 3 3DS pics in a row before.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I like how people complain its info we already know from the leak- it isn't his fault that it leaked and I think it serves us right. We got a lot of info unintentionally so a few days where you have seen this stuff before isn't gonna kill you.
EDIT: Sorry, I miss understood your post.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Oh gee wow! The challenge grid! It's not like they were in the past 5 games you've made before, Sakurai.
Yep. It'll be nothing but menu filler from here on out as punishment for the leak frenzy.
He can't punish people like this. Nintendo needs to make money, and treating your fans like children and grounding them isn't the answer.

He needs to ignore it and be a bigger man.

I think he is and we will get something big tomm

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I don't understand why people think Sakurai is punishing us by showing all of the major gameplay modes and replayibility that the soon-to-be-released 3DS version has to offer.

Menus and gameplay modes.
You know, the meat and potatoes you have to go through before you get to eat dessert?

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
If I had to guess, maybe the Wii U version has more single player content, thus having harder challenges. I don't know though.
3DS version is out first, so by the time the Wii U version rolls around many players will have had plenty of time to practice on their handheld gaming devices. Also, 3DS controls might be a little funky to get used to, which would explain the lower relative difficulty of the challenges themselves.

Noctes

Smash Cadet
Anyone wanna go through the effort of finding out what those 4 boxes on the lower screen are?

Looks like Toon Link in one, HRC or the bomb minigame in another and idk what the other two have. The light is probably a challenge being completed.
They're really hard to see, because it looks like there's a lot of detail in them and they're so tiny...

• The one in the middle looks like it has the sandbag on...some bright stage.
  • Far left almost looks like Shaymin and Gardevoir, though that one's REALLY cluttered so it's really hard to tell. Not even sure if those two are confirmed to be in or not. (EDIT: Or that could be Master Hand and Link or someone else as Kumatora suggested)
  • Upper right...home-run contest? Or rather the bomb hit thing? All I can see really are yellow numbers on a black field that looks like a sign on grass.

Last edited:

Kumatora

Smash Cadet

First image looks like Link with Master Hand. Second image is Link and Toon Link at what I think is Battlefield. Third and fourth are both homerun contest.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
-__- Welp, called it, no Ness reveal. Sakurai, if you want to keep trolling Mother fans and not show off the reps., then fine. I'm done caring, so forget you.

Although part of me feels the real reason we're not getting a NESS reveal is cause: A) It'd confirm the leak B) He's punishing us fans for the leak

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
-__- Welp, called it, no Ness reveal. Sakurai, if you want to keep trolling Mother fans and not show off the reps., then fine. I'm done caring, so forget you.

Although part of me feels the real reason we're not getting a NESS reveal is cause: A) It'd confirm the leak B) He's punishing us fans for the leak

One day, Ness. One day.

If it didn't, then this wouldn't be smash 4
True.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
MORE MUSIC!

DREAM TEAM MUSIC!

KIRBY MUSIC!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I see he also updated the music on the site along with the POTD.

Edit-Annnnnnd ninjaed.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
He can't punish people like this. Nintendo needs to make money, and treating your fans like children and grounding them isn't the answer.

He needs to ignore it and be a bigger man.

I think he is and we will get something big tomm
Well everyone's looking for Sakurai to either confirm or deconfirm the characters and/or stages since they were the biggest bombshells of the leak but all he's showing are the mundane menu bits from the leaks.

Lazurwolf

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. Maybe music gets added every two days? Wasn't Megaman's and the Nintendodogs one updated on monday?

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
MORE MUSIC!

DREAM TEAM MUSIC!

KIRBY MUSIC!

Punishing us, my ***. He's spoiling us. Sakurai has loaded this game with gameplay modes and other content, from trophies to wonderful, nostalgic music. 90% of previous PotDs have involved screenshots within a match. Time to show off the 40 other fun things you can do in the game besides fight before the game comes out.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Would have been hilarious if instead of the name Xerneas being shown on the lower screen, instead it showed Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur or Pichu...or Jigglypuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom