• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Okay. So imagine we see Mewtwo tonight, but as a Lucario clone. The difference is that mewtwo is a bit floatier and that his power is static instead of variable.

That'd be cool.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I am speculating in favor of another Kid Icarus related PoTD. I am sure that we will get something great as the past two days were menu-esque updates and whatnot.
Some people would consider "Kid Icarus" and "great PotD" contradictory, but I for one share your love. Uprising is still my second favorite 3DS game. I'd like to see confirmation of what Phosphora's AT does (and confirmation that is indeed an AT), considering we ambiguously saw her in screenshot with Palutena.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
So do you guys think that there will consistently be POTD's until the Wii U release, or maybe Sakurai will just update the website in different ways until Winter, with larger, less frequent updates
Consistent updates.

They've yet to add incentive to buy a Wii U and Smash Bros. I'm saying either character DLC on Wii U launch that will be delayed a day or two for 3DS (doubt it), a special boss-fighting mode where you can play Ridley, new characters that can be unlocked on the day the Wii U releases or even just some single/online mode where something special happens like Smash Run.

So in short, Smash Direct after 3DS release, new mode announced, constant updates for the month until Wii U release. I say month cause it seems like it'll launch November 21st from all the store leaks.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Tbh id like to see event mode. Noone ever mentions it. That'd be really cool and I can see it being tonight going by the weeks pattern. Tho I want wario as the icon for something....

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I'm betting on more menu images and filler at this point. Hopefully he'll make it nice and late to really hit home the disappointment hard. Way too much hype on here recently, got to bring us back down to Earth with some hot 3DS, outlined Luigi nose action.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Okay. So imagine we see Mewtwo tonight, but as a Lucario clone. The difference is that mewtwo is a bit floatier and that his power is static instead of variable.

That'd be cool.
Why does he need to be a clone if he's already had his own moveset?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
We're in the pic of the day "primetime" ...as I like to call it.
It could come within the next few minutes now.
...or it could be awesome, and be really late...
GIVE US SOMETHING GOOD SAKURAI!!!

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

I want mewtwo to be like he was in melee.... Noone knew about him until they played 1000 matches or whatever. Never have him as a potd, never put him on the site just...... Let him be mysterious

Last edited:

viridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
nessearthbound
Why do I have a feeling Sakurai will reveal a random character that would neither prove nor disprove the leak..........like pichu

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I want mewtwo to be like he was in melee.... Noone knew about him until they played 1000 matches or whatever. Never have him as a potd, never put him on the site just...... Let him be mysterious
Sadly it pretty much can't happen like that anymore unless you're planning on living in a cave, or have Australian internet. I think that all the remaining characters will probably end up being covered in a last minute direct before the Japanese release, because with dithered releases it's going to be all over the internet who's in by the time it makes it to the western 3DS release, let alone the Wii U one.

Still some pictures of the day left to reveal a few of them too. Doubt we'll get anything that interesting though.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Speaking of unlockable stuff (which there better be hundreds of, ranging into the 1000s of matches required), I hope he confirms the "Challenges" grid returning.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Why do I have a feeling Sakurai will reveal a random character that would neither prove nor disprove the leak..........like pichu
Seeing Pichu in this game at all would put a smile on my face, even if it'd just be a small one.

I guess that'll be what I do to maintain hype for myself. I'll predict Pichu every night, be the more insane Jabba.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Seeing Pichu in this game at all would put a smile on my face, even if it'd just be a small one.

I guess that'll be what I do to maintain hype for myself. I'll predict Pichu every night, be the more insane Jabba.
I'd love to see Pichu! <3
Just...after Mewtwo...please Sakurai....

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Speaking of unlockable stuff (which there better be hundreds of, ranging into the 1000s of matches required), I hope he confirms the "Challenges" grid returning.
I remember a picture of the grid in the imgur album of the leak...

The player unlocked a weapon for the Miis

JabbatheHutt

Having a row of doc, dark pit, toon link, pichu, Dixie Kong, Lucas, lucina, and wolf would actually be cool.

I wonder if a clone event match potd will happen which will confirm the clones all at once

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Having a row of doc, dark pit, toon link, pichu, Dixie Kong, Lucas, lucina, and wolf would actually be cool.

I wonder if a clone event match potd will happen which will confirm the clones all at once
That'd be wishful thinking. I'm expecting Pichu to be a Pokeball Pokemon or make a stage cameo if he returns but playable character would work too. We have clones as it is, may as well add more.

Also no offence intended with my previous post.

JabbatheHutt

That'd be wishful thinking. I'm expecting Pichu to be a Pokeball Pokemon or make a stage cameo if he returns but playable character would work too. We have clones as it is, may as well add more.

Also no offence intended with my previous post.
None taken, if you wanna be more insane than me tho... THAT is wishful thinking

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Pichu is so much fun in casual Melee. Dat OHKO side special though! Also it's just fun to annoy people as a tiny little mouse thing that's way too fast for them to hit. And forward-jump BAir approaches everyday because I'm too scrub at Melee for approaching NAirs.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I really don't expect Sakurai to acknowledge the leak at all. He'll just continue with his regularly scheduled PotD while the rest of us sit here, stewing.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
We're bound to get a few very exciting PotD's between now and 3DS release. Sakurai can't have all of them be 3DS menu and Smash Run filler with so few days remaining.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
As much as i'm hoping it'll happen, i doubt Ness will be revealed tonight, despite it being Mother 2's 25th anniversary in JP.

JabbatheHutt

xD predicting Pichu every night compared to predicting Wario every night. I don't know man, got this hunch that mine's more crazy.
Out of my 900 and whatever posts, 700 mention Wario...... Good luck :p

I'm feeling this boys..... I'm feeling it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom