• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Also there was a potd teasing Adventure mode remember? With Mario in that forest esque area

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well, we saw something that looked like an Adventure mode in the E3 trailer on the 3DS.
Are you referring to the clip of Mario choosing his path? I thought that was part of an updated Classic mode, but then it wouldn't be very classic, huh? Might be an adventure mode, I dunno!
Oh wow. Okay, the hope and hype is real. Thanks for this. Uhh... I guess good night yall? I'll stick around for a few more minutes.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
i think its gonna be a trailer if anything. they wont just be like hey guys this guy is back flash a pic of his render of the site and be done with it.that wouldnt be that hype

XA-tan

Smash Rookie
The "Challege" button says "Clear getter" in the Japanese version, so this is probably the same challeges system that was in Brawl.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The menu is kinda odd. Not that anyone cares about them :p

I guess single-player modes are inside the "Smash" option.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
From the Japanese menu, I learned Smash Run is called Field Smash in Japanese. Why did they change the name?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Whoops, meant to write hours! Danke!
Ahaha! Well then I had a silly misunderstanding! Oh well! Now we're all hopeful and happy about menus and stuff! Great! Glad it wasn't a veteran, and menus are great for speculation! What are y'all expecting tomorrow? I expect, only if Sakurai comments on having us watch SDCC, a gameplay trailer with Ness, maybe Lucas, and maybe Wario! Maybe? Ohh I'm so unsure of myself all the time... XD

Hong

The Strongest
The menu is kinda odd. Not that anyone cares about them :p
Says YOU

Barring the few games I have made by myself, I have spent more time on menus than ANY OTHER part of a game that requires actual programming. Everyone always makes them WRONG and UGLY, but they don't know because they think it doesn't matter, and then they wonder why we get the kinds of reports that we do. That's because menu design is so much more important than people realize and psychologically has an immense impact on the immediate moments of your experience.

Since Smash Bros has always had good menus, they don't seem important because they are always "just there". You won't notice a problem until it's there. Mr. Sakurai is like my IDOL because he has things in such sensible and intelligent places, and understands the very basics of how to use shapes and colours alike to create the optimal retinal comfort for the end user. Even to this day when I pop open Meteos I am in awe with the majesty that is it's near-impeccable user interface.

You just don't understand.:sadeyes:

Last edited:

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413

"For the first time ever, I present to you…the main menu for the 3DS version!! The icons are even animated. The design concept may look similar if you've played other games I've worked on. But we had a hard time making this one because…"

The bottom screen displays pictures matching each mode! This was quite a task for the UI (User Interface) designers, but they made it happen. Kudos to them! You can tap the screen to look up additional info like how to play--complete with diagrams.

D

Deleted member

October 3rd my friend.

October 3rd.

I'm waiting for the Wii u version so even longer for me
Good to know I'm not alone.

Also I don't want to get you guys to excited but Sakurai never even mentioned E3 2014 in the PotD before the digital event, yet we still got 3 character announcements.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Wow, and here I was Tuesday cursing the lack of 3DS related updates, and Sakurai makes the rest of the week 3DS palooza.

It is really great to see the User Interface: it looks great. The bottom screen is a cool addition. I wonder if the Wii U version will have something similar with the gamepad.

domokl

Smash Lord
Does staying up all night for a miiverse post that might not happen sound worth it?

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
It's so beautiful... :') This was worth denying sleep for.

... & More?! What does this mean?!

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
Wait, if the buttons are on the top screen, that means we can't drag and fling them around with the stylus like in Kid Icarus: Uprising! Smash 3DS confirmed for worst game ever.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Good to know I'm not alone.

Also I don't want to get you guys to excited but Sakurai never even mentioned E3 2014 in the PotD before the digital event, yet we still got 3 character announcements.
Well I mean... it would be awkward if Sakurai said "Tune in to E3 for some special announcements!" ...I mean, it's kind of a given, it is E3. I dunno, maybe I'm being cynical, but I am hopeful for getting a comment tomorrow morning from my buddy Masahiro and seeing something at SDCC!
But uh... Does anyone know what time they're streaming the 3DS tournament and all that stuff? I don't remember if they gave a specific time? Like...should I be up by a certain point? I've been waking up at 1:30pm recently to be honest.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It's starting at 11:30 am pst. But yeah, I personally think some kind of announcement is possible. Not likely mind you, but I certainly won't be surprised.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Here's the weekly result with recent PotDs.

PotDs left (if always available until released in Japan): 35
Weeks left: 7
Long overdue: disconfirmation & item
Required characters reveal (determined by longest reveal drought until released in Japan): 1
Missing Final Smashes: 5
Required stages reveal: 2 (for repped series that have no stages, not even returning stages)
New disconfirmations left: 8 (apparently about 1 every week)
New information, alt outfits, moves, items, and complete fillers left allowed: 19

--this week--
July 25 – (-00:54) – NEW INFO: 3DS menu
July 24 – Rosetta, Kirby, Yoshi, Lucina, Zelda (-00:37) – NEW INFO: Various Tomodachi stage elements
July 23 – Mario, Mega Man (-00:??) – NEW INFO: Dr. Wily stage for Wii U now also for 3DS with daylight changes.
July 22 – (-00:49) – NEW STAGE: Star Fox stage for Wii U
July 21 – Pit, Robin (-00:53) – PREV MOVE: Robin's Nosferatu
--last week--
July 18 – Little Mac (-00:49) – FILLER: Screen K.O.
July 17 – Peach (-00:51) – FILLER: Cats in living room
July 16 – Captain Falcon (+00:41) – NEW MOVE: Levin sword and tomes
July 15 – Marth, Wii Fit Trainer (-00:15) – NEW INFO: Lucina is Marth clone with minor differences
July 14 – (-00:55) – NEW DISCONF: Rayman as trophy
--2 weeks ago--
July 11 – Pac-Man (+00:00) – NEW MOVE: Taunts
July 10 – Samus (+00:11) – NEW ALT: Samustrooper, 'Murica Mario
July 9 – Mii Fighter, Villager (-00:30) – NEW INFO:
July 8 – Palutena, Diddy (+00:16) – NEW MOVE: Palutena up smash
July 7 – (-00:53) – NEW MOVE: Mii Fighter forward smash
--3 weeks ago--
July 4 – (-00:52) – NEW INFO: Pac-Maze stage elements
July 3 – (+00:00) – FILLER: Megaman FS HD details
July 2 – (+00:06) – NEW ALT: Rosetta's alt color, Tuxedo Mii
July 1 – (+00:08) – NEW ALT: Little Mac's pink sweater
June 30 – Olimar (+00:07) – NEW DISCONF: Poppant, bonus characters in Smash Run
--4 weeks ago--
June 26 – (-00:57) – NEW INFO: Mii Fighter height=stats differences
June 25 – Luigi (mentioned) (-00:57) – NEW DISCONF: Nabbit as stage hazard
June 25 – (-00:08) – FILLER: Balloon Fight
June 24 – Link (-00:16) – NEW ALT: Link's skyward sword texture
June 23 – (-01:01) – FILLER: There's always someone bigger
--5 weeks ago--
June 20 – DK, Luigi, Sheik (-00:45) – NEW MOVE: Customizable moveset
June 19 – (-00:55) – NEW MOVE: Pac-Man's neutral special is Bonus Fruit
June 18 – Pikachu (+00:08) – NEW INFO: Trophy Rush
June 17 – (-00:16) – NEW DISCONF: Eggrobo as trophy
June 16 – (-00:53) – NEW MOVE: Mii Fighter's forward specials
--6 weeks ago--
June 13 – Mega Man, Sonic (-00:46) – FILLER: Taunts
June 12 – (-00:12) – NEW INFO: Home run
June 11 – (-03:18) – NEW CHARACTER: Pac-Man
June 10 – Samus (-00:37) – NEW STAGE: Mario stage for 3DS
June 9 – (-00:31) – FORMAL DISCONF: Meloetta in Pokeball
--7 weeks ago--
June 6 – Ike (+00:06) – NEW STAGE: FE stage for Wii U
June 5 – (-00:55) – NEW DISCONF: Animal villagers as stage elements
June 4 – (-00:57) – NEW ITEM: Boomerang
June 3 – (-00:57) – NEW DISCONF: Animal villagers in trophy
June 2 – (-00:42) – NEW STAGE: Mario stage for Wii U
--long forgotten characters--
May 26 – King Dedede
May 21 – Greninja, Bowser
May 15 – ZSS
May 13 – Charizard
April 30 – Toon Link
March 27 – Fox
February 11 – Lucario

Zelda was the 4th most forgotten character and now she's in last Thursday's PotD! King Dedede recently joined along with other most forgotten characters including my mains.

We also finally got few new stages which was overdue since E3. I wish my main was featured in Star Fox's new stage :(

We need a disconfirmation soon

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Well finally!

I am surprised they don't leave the info for the top screen and the buttons for the bottom, but I'm not a japanese video game designer rockstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom