• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's a 3DS menu with a Wii U option toward the bottom. Maybe we'll finally learn about the connectivity?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Huzzah! A menu! :) Let's see: Red is most likely the standard multiplayer brawl mode. Little purple thing is obviously wifi. Wii U is connecting to the Wii U somehow. Pink is trophies. Blue is options. Orange is connecting to Nintendo something or other online (I forget the name of it) and no idea what green could be. Maybe single player/Smash Run?

Edit: Oh goody, an English version. No need for this post of mine then. Whatever, still a good pic :p

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
omg he hasn't said anything about sdcc within FIVE MINUTES of posting the potd guess that means the tournament is canceled everyone go home

also: e3 confirmed to have no reveals

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So any idea what that Challenge button could do?

Also hi Kirby Air Ride / Smash Brawl / Uprising menu design.

This menu greatly reminds me of Uprising way more than Brawl or Air Ride though.

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
Games & More...? Is that just the Vault from Brawl with a different name (I'm assuming it is because of the similar icons), or is that where the extra modes are located? And if it is just the Vault, what could the "Games" part mean? Are masterpieces returning to the 3DS version?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Gatta wait a bit for a follow-up comment, I don't remember the "Newcomer on Monday" Miiverse comment being immediate.
But this is nice! Challenge, huh? Are those events or Classic, Adventure, and All-Star? And what could "Games and more" be? Similar to brawl's "masterpieces"?

Nielicus

Smash Lord
So I have a question, usually when we get new Smash info, Sakurai will acknowledge it in the Potd. At this point in time he hasn't acknowledged comic con so should we lower our expectations as far as surprises go even MORE?

domokl

Smash Lord
omg he hasn't said anything about sdcc within FIVE MINUTES of posting the potd guess that means the tournament is canceled everyone go home

also: e3 confirmed to have no reveals
everything that isnt e3 or nintendo directs he has said there will be reveals so probably not

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Seems like you can play Smash Run without online?
Well, It'd be dumb if you couldn't have the option to play the 3DS version's main 1P mode by yourself.

I wonder where Multi-man Melee/Brawl and Home-Run Contest are located? Smash? Challenge?
They better have those things along with Target Tests, Board the Platforms, and Race to the Finish.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Games & More, surely?
I'm assuming that's where Event Matches, Target Smashes, Multi-Man, etc. would be located.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Remember that one of these sub-menues needs stuff like Homerun Contest and probably Classic Mode. I bet "Challenge" contains that stuff. "Games and More" is probably stuff like the data but has minigames like the trophy minigame.

It's nice to see the main menu though; it really makes the game feel close! The prominent role of the Wii U connectivity is also all kinds of interesting; I hope we hear about it soon.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
My curiosity burns as to what that Games and More is and refuses to be satiated.

Also not entirely sure what Chalange is.

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
The "Challenge" option is likely where things like home-run contest, multi-man melee, and event mode can be found. "Games & More" seems to be trophies and options given the two icons it has.

EDIT: By the way, did we previously get confirmation on StreetPass features for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS? If not this menu screen confirms that it will.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Ooh, the menu!
. I believe that Events and such will be under games and more, with Classic and Adventure being under Challenges.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Kind of strange that the screen with all the options isn't on the bottom (touch) screen. If I ever put any thought into this I would think the screens would be on the opposite side lol.

Also It's kind of weird that they put Smash Run into it's own category but put the other games in the same area as the settings tab. I'm very curious to see what's in that tab.

And Challenges is new! I'm guessing it's Event Mode? :)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180

For any one that wanted to see a comparison, there ya go. Might edit this later to make the pictures smaller '-'.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Apparently the potd and announcement were posted 4 and a half minutes apart!
Hm... I'll give it 10 minutes. Then I'll get a bit worried and give it till after I go to sleep and wake up tomorrow. THEN, if there's no mention of Comic-con urging people to watch, I won't expect anything and chalk up those "special surprises" as boring prizes or whatever that whoever wrote that promotion wanted to overhype people with to get people to come to Comic-con.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Hm... I'll give it 10 minutes. Then I'll get a bit worried and give it till after I go to sleep and wake up tomorrow. THEN, if there's no mention of Comic-con urging people to watch, I won't expect anything and chalk up those "special surprises" as boring prizes or whatever that whoever wrote that promotion wanted to overhype people with to get people to come to Comic-con.
Same

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Ooh!

A Smash button: Obviously the regular Smash modes. Special smashes, normal smashes, etc.
Smash Run button: Single player Smash Run. Awesome. We already knew about it.
Online button: FOR FUN / FOR GLORY modes, and with friends mode. And other things?
StreetPass button: I wonder what streetpass features we will have. I never really gave that any thought. Perhaps high score shares?
Wii U button: Connectivity options between the two systems. Considering the bottom screen shows more info, we'll get the connectivity information between the two systems on September 13, 2014. Somewhat obvious, but worth noting.
Challenge button: I'm thinking the achievement system like in Brawl.
Games & More button: ????? I have absolutely no idea. I see a wrench in there, which means the settings are in there... but... games? I guess the target/etc. type things and the multi-man melees and the home run contest, but could there be more?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom