• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I still wonder if Mac's face is battle damage or not...

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Sakurai said that star K.O.s will stop happening as the time limit approaches, (presumably so we can get more hilarious screen K.O.s).
So does this mean you can only get screen K.O.s by playing time matches (or stock matches with a time limit)? Have screen K.O.s always been activated by the time limit approaching?

Hong

The Strongest
Sakurai said that star K.O.s will stop happening as the time limit approaches, (presumably so we can get more hilarious screen K.O.s).
So does this mean you can only get screen K.O.s by playing time matches (or stock matches with a time limit)? Have screen K.O.s always been activated by the time limit approaching?
No. If a match has a clock involved and the match is near its end, characters that reach the vertical boundaries of the screen merely "explode" like they do when they hit the sides or bottom.

Characters can still get star and screen KOs just as they could before regardless, as long as it's not near the end of a match.

MasterRyan1595

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3625-8186-3222
I think it's going to be filler for a while as far as the PotD goes, unless we see something TTYD Tuesday. Otherwise maybe he could explain what was up with Little Mac's bruised face and whether or not it was exclusive to him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No. If a match has a clock involved and the match is near its end, characters that reach the vertical boundaries of the screen merely "explode" like they do when they hit the sides or bottom.

Characters can still get star and screen KOs just as they could before regardless, as long as it's not near the end of a match.
To put it mildly, the Star KOs will never be turned off if there's no timer. However, if the timer is active, when time is about to run out, the Star KOs will stop, as it does take a while for a Star KO to actually award you the KO. And if time runs out during the animation, you won't get the KO that you deserved.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I've very rarely run into issues with a Star KO and the timer, but it's nice Sakurai has addressed the issue. Plus, while it doesn't have as much impact as the newcomer reveal, it's still a good tidbit of new information to end the week.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok this not entirely a filler E3 was when this got revealed

But now we know how it works

Oh and as for the time limit appoaches i think thats like at 10 seconds left or something.

Mistermagius

Smash Cadet
Wrong breed.
Sakurai's cat is a Scottish Fold, which are not present in Nintendogs + Cats.
The cat in the picture is a Calico.

One with a different spot placement than in this picture (spot placement differs per cat in the game).
Ahh... Thanks for clarifying that for me. I just saw a reblog of this on Tumblr pointing it out, so I also wanted to share, but turns out they were wrong. :/

Though, I wouldn't mind if Sakurai just inserted his cat anyways, despite its type not being in the game itself, leaving you to determine whether it's the Calico, or his, as they have rather subtle differences. :p

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
To put it mildly, the Star KOs will never be turned off if there's no timer. However, if the timer is active, when time is about to run out, the Star KOs will stop, as it does take a while for a Star KO to actually award you the KO. And if time runs out during the animation, you won't get the KO that you deserved.
OHHHH, here I was thinking this change was to try and stem ragequits, lol! I can't believe I didn't realize the point of this faster xD

This is a fantastic change and is a great buff for characters that like to kill off the top, even if this situation only very rarely occurs. Yet again the attention to detail this game is getting has astounded me :D

D

Deleted member

Ahh... Thanks for clarifying that for me. I just saw a reblog of this on Tumblr pointing it out, so I also wanted to share, but turns out they were wrong. :/

Though, I wouldn't mind if Sakurai just inserted his cat anyways, despite its type not being in the game itself, leaving you to determine whether it's the Calico, or his, as they have rather subtle differences. :p
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai made his own cat into a cameo on the stage despite Scottish Folds being an unavailable breed.

Speaking of his cat....we don't know the name of it, do we?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
ok, don't overhype like me now.

TTYD got released in Japan in July 22 2004.
Source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door

What this means is that next Tuesday, TTYD will have exactly 10 years in Japan. Not only it's Japan but it's a perfectly round number of year which has more potentials. And let me remind you that TTYD is considered to be the most appreciated game of the series (not my opinion it is the general opinion of what fans think). Since it's a POTD day, I of course don't expect newcomer but there's a stage idea quite popular and requested from TTYD, The Theater.

Take it as you will but don't overhype please...

I understand what youre saying but the likelines of Sakurai revealing a newcomer after a mere week of 2 newcomer reveals is pretty small. This isnt E3 or Smash Direct anymore....

Course, if Paper Mario is revealed, Ill gladly shove my words down my throat and main the **** out of Paper Mario

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I understand what youre saying but the likelines of Sakurai revealing a newcomer after a mere week of 2 newcomer reveals is pretty small. This isnt E3 or Smash Direct anymore....

Course, if Paper Mario is revealed, Ill gladly shove my words down my throat and main the **** out of Paper Mario
euh...

ok, don't overhype like me now.

TTYD got released in Japan in July 22 2004.
Source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door

What this means is that next Tuesday, TTYD will have exactly 10 years in Japan. Not only it's Japan but it's a perfectly round number of year which has more potentials. And let me remind you that TTYD is considered to be the most appreciated game of the series (not my opinion it is the general opinion of what fans think). Since it's a POTD day, I of course don't expect newcomer but there's a stage idea quite popular and requested from TTYD, The Theater.

Take it as you will but don't overhype please...
Read bolded and underlined. It's not a newcomer potential but a stage or anything TTYD related.

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering why it was so quiet here, and I just now realized that the last PotD was Friday's. :laugh:
Same here, I haven't been able to stay up and wait for the pic of the day like I usually would after my chest surgery and I've also started to lose track of the days. I thought today was actually Friday for a second.

But on topic, I predict that Monday's pic will be something about Captain Falcon, since we haven't seen him in a pic since his reveal.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm expecting a slow week earlier on, what happens towards the end of the week will probably depend what 'surprises' Nintendo was talking about with Smash at Comic Con, which could be something interesting or nothing at all. Just have to see how it plays out.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see custom moves for Robin or Falcon tomorrow. I could see one of Robin's alternate moves being reduced speed or power in exchange for more uses before the tome breaks, which might be worth it depending on how long the recharge period is.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Ok who's ready to see what Sakurai has in-store for us for the last full week of July!

Also..
Exactly 74d;02h;1m;15s until United States 3ds Smash Release

And 54d;02h;1m;15s until Japanese 3ds Smash Release

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ok who's ready to see what Sakurai has in-store for us for the last full week of July!

Also..

Technically since it's 11 am on the 21st wouldn't the time be less for Japan?

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Technically since it's 11 am on the 21st wouldn't the time be less for Japan?

It's 10:04 PM at 20th for me. USA EST time
This is just a countdown from this moment of time till that moment. Maybe that effects it but not by much more than a day. (Since I set it to count till 12:00 am for each of those release dates, US EST Time)

EDIT: Wait a sec, your talking about the Time zone from Japan. Dang it...well still it should effect it that much. Again, I was doing it from US time..sorry.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270

Also..

54 days just sounds like a lot more than seven and a half weeks

That's plenty of time for some more vets and newcomers though

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
WARIO WONDAY.... lets do this. Lets start off the week with a vet reveal.
That would be great. But I imagine if Wario would take Captain Falcon's footsteps and be a veteran in a newcomer cgi trailer. Man that would be sweet. Eh, that could be a while anyway, so POTD confirmation is better than nothing.

@ KokiriKory KokiriKory I sure hope so. I would really like everyone back, and then some.

@ LightningVance LightningVance ...Well..thanks for doing the math. Man that sure sounds like VERY small amount. Ugh...I feel a little sad were getting this close..makes me think that knowing all newcomers way before Wii U release will be a bad thing. Good Grief. Man it will be a salty day at 3ds release. Hecka Salt..

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
WARIO WONDAY.... lets do this. Lets start off the week with a vet reveal.
Dude, haven't you heard? Wario's out treasure hunting in some obscure jungle. He won't have time to Smash this time around, sorry.

...:troll:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I haven't been that active this last week because I've been on vacation but I'm back now so lets start it off right with some new information.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I can't watch this thread carefully as I have to do other stuff, but I'll predict anyway.

Monday, so I think filler OR something new that won't interest me (like gameplay update people care, but I don't).

I don't think stage because Tuesday is the TTY.... *shot fired* :troll:

But seriously, it's okay now, I calmed down so I won't be mad of there's nothing Tuesday. I'm still going to celebrate this date no matter what happened in my thread so, I'm ready Sakurai, that would be the perfect time to troll me (inb4deconfirmationTuesday).

So, enjoy the next potds!

D

Deleted member

Predicting......something to do with Captain Falcon and a Mii Brawler duking it out.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Alternate costumes anyone?
anyone?
No...
...okay

EDIT: of course the pic goes up the moment I comment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom