• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
At least I know I won't have to get mad when the time up happens as an opponent freezes just before he/she is KOed.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I hope you get your TTYD theatre on Tuesday and Paper Mario as well.
It;s because I desperately need to calm down now.

I shouldn't expect anything because I know what will happen: major disappointment for absolutely nothing confirmed (if it's filler, it doesn;t changes anything).

It's because I'm literally too overhype and I shouldn't be.

I'm glad he finally addressed the Star KOs messing with results at the end of a match.

However, he seems to only have solved it for time matches as the time ticks down. In stock matches, ridiculous things could still KO you while your opponent is streaking through the background, and decide the match. Hopefully, though not explicitly stated, Star KOs are also disabled when on your last stock.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's pictures lke this one where most of the screen is covered that I wonder if Sakurai is a sneaky **** and sneaks in unrevealed newcomers and veterans behind things obstructing the view of them.

Because if I were him I'd so totally would.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mac's got a bandage on his chin. Wonder if battle damage will finally play a part, or if it's exclusive to Mac.
This is what I was getting at. It's one of my favorite features in Punch Out!!! Wii.

I think it'd be bloody hilarious if it functioned the same way (more lose stocks you lose, the worse you look) or even if it was just every time Mac's face hit the screen.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Star KO's being deactivated as time runs out sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully it will also be a thing for Sudden Death.

Wouldn't want something like this to happen again to any poor souls out there. (sorry couldn't find a shorter video)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Does anyone else get super tense during the Miiverse update if you have a not-so-popular character? Like for me it is Bandana Dee, and I'm afraid Sakurai will have a passing statement that he is deconfirmed. And then I'll have no more characters to look forward to. At least I got my Robin.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
It;s because I desperately need to calm down now.

I shouldn't expect anything because I know what will happen: major disappointment for absolutely nothing confirmed (if it's filler, it doesn;t changes anything).

It's because I'm literally too overhype and I shouldn't be.
Just calm yourself. If you're have low expectations for Tuesday, that will make the surprise even greater.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Does anyone else get super tense during the Miiverse update if you have a not-so-popular character? Like for me it is Bandana Dee, and I'm afraid Sakurai will have a passing statement that he is deconfirmed. And then I'll have no more characters to look forward to. At least I got my Robin.
Ghirahim every day for me, bro.

Also, formerly, Lucina. :cool:

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What if Todays the day? The day that Bandana Dee gets deconfirmed? It would just ruin my day....after supporting him for like 9 months now...

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm glad he finally addressed the Star KOs messing with results at the end of a match.

However, he seems to only have solved it for time matches as the time ticks down. In stock matches, ridiculous things could still KO you while your opponent is streaking through the background, and decide the match. Hopefully, though not explicitly stated, Star KOs are also disabled when on your last stock.
Like what?

And also, here is to hoping the lack of star ko's only apply to the last...let's say 15 seconds of the fight. Max 30. There's nothing I love more than hearing my KO'd opponent scream as they are sent "blasting off again" MUAHAHHA

MasterRyan1595

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3625-8186-3222
I think the whole "no star KOs as the timer goes down" also coincides with their new approach to the "competitive playing" that we haven't seen in any prior smash bros. It's nice to see them finally acknowledge the tournament community like at E3.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Were double screen KO's always a thing? I've seen one right after another, but never at once. Perhaps it's just a result of characters now briefly sticking to the screen.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Don't forget you can explode off the top as well.
I've seen that in some smash 4 videos, and I'm pretty curious about it. In Brawl it only happens for the fighting alloys who don't have animations for dying off the top otherwise; it never happens to normal characters. I wonder if we are seeing some artifacts of earlier builds or if they're just dying off the side but high in the corner so it kinda looks like something it isn't.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Were double screen KO's always a thing? I've seen one right after another, but never at once. Perhaps it's just a result of characters now briefly sticking to the screen.
It was more than likely added for hectic FFAs nearing the end and Sudden Death, specifically when a single hit/explosion sends everyone flying.

I've seen that in some smash 4 videos, and I'm pretty curious about it. In Brawl it only happens for the fighting alloys who don't have animations for dying off the top otherwise; it never happens to normal characters. I wonder if we are seeing some artifacts of earlier builds or if they're just dying off the side but high in the corner so it kinda looks like something it isn't.
Not to be nitpicky, but it was possible for certain characters who had tethers/Z-airs, as well. I intentionally used this as Samus when time was of the essence.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Don't forget you can explode off the top as well.
I think that's what Sakurai meant by the whole Star KO's no longer happening around a certain time of the match. Hopefully its not all the time though. I really love the Star KO's :\

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Quite a nice little change.

*Takes out window shield wipers and peels Mario and Little Mac off the screen*

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You tell me, Mr. "I don't see the appeal of Ghirahim, sorry."

Also, I'm surprised you neglected to mention Vaati. :p
As far as I've seen, Ghirahim's extremely popular. Maybe I'm just hanging around the wrong places. (Like lurking in the Ghirahim thread from time to time :awesome:)

You have no idea how worried I get for Vaati sometimes. I just recently recovered from myself thinking about if Vaati didn't appear in the game at all. :laugh:

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Not really a filler. I was interested with Sakurai's comment about Star K.Os. I didn't know before.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What's happening on Tuesday?
ok, don't overhype like me now.

TTYD got released in Japan in July 22 2004.
Source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door

What this means is that next Tuesday, TTYD will have exactly 10 years in Japan. Not only it's Japan but it's a perfectly round number of year which has more potentials. And let me remind you that TTYD is considered to be the most appreciated game of the series (not my opinion it is the general opinion of what fans think). Since it's a POTD day, I of course don't expect newcomer but there's a stage idea quite popular and requested from TTYD, The Theater.

Take it as you will but don't overhype please...

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Not to be nitpicky, but it was possible for certain characters who had tethers/Z-airs, as well. I intentionally used this as Samus when time was of the essence.
That's not being nitpicky; that's telling me about a mechanic I didn't know about. If you're using zair as you die off the top (other tethers too?), you explode? I don't play any tether characters, and I never would have thought to test that or that what animation you were in before dying off the top could be relevant to how it handles the death (maybe it's to prevent bugginess with targetting a ledge just as you die, a possible situation on Frigate Orpheon at least). That's kinda smash 4 related too since now I know something to look for in testing out mechanics in the new game. Thank you.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
ok, don't overhype like me now.

TTYD got released in Japan in July 22 2004.
Source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door

What this means is that next Tuesday, TTYD will have exactly 10 tears in Japan. Not only it's Japan but it's a perfectly round number of year which has more potentials. And let me remind you that TTYD is considered to be the most appreciated game of the series (not my opinion it is the general opinion of what fans think). Since it's a POTD day, I of course don't expect newcomer but there's a stage idea quite popular and requested from TTYD, The Theater.

Take it as you will but don't overhype please...
Your my friend, so I hope you get what you wished for bro.

And I hope I get what I wished for. We are in this together.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
My sentiments exactly, Robin was one of my most wanted newcomers, which I thought was a pipedream due to Chrom.

Bandana Dee would be a neat 4th rep...(although I'd prefer Daroach 100x more. I do have a soft spot for Bandana Dee though since he's a co host in my fanfic heh.)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
K, I feel stupid now.

I seriously didn't know the PoTD was posted so early. I only come here at 2 AM, and it was on a different page.

Silly me.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Saw these at E3...

Still the most priceless thing added so far. xD It's hilarious every time I see it!

I'm so glad they did it this way instead of the "Hit screen and bounce off with spine injury" animations that they had in Melee and Brawl. It makes it far more lighthearted and amusing to watch yourself, or other players, get KO'd that way!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom