• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
While it was predictable, it's still nice knowing officially that all Mega Man cameos on the Final Smash will have their own trophies.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Sakurai:"Pic of the day. Mega Man.EXE and Mega Man Volnutt!! They only appear for a split second, but the modeling is so detailed. And if that's the case…!"

Me: Alt Costumes!?!
*Scrolls Down*

Sakurai:"...How can we not use it for trophy creation?! Today's update is a rare mix of Wii U and 3DS images in the same post."

Me: Troll Master SAAAAKUUUURAIIIIII!!!!

At first I thought he meant we could create our own trophies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Despite the fact that just yesterday I explained to someone that Sakurai already confirmed that he wasn't going to do complete character change ALTS in SSB4, I admit that I just about had a mini heart attack because I read the first caption and thought Sakurai was going to confirm that all the Megamans in Megaman's final smash were going to be ALTs. :laugh: I think just about every Megaman fan on the planet would have had a collective stroke if that had been the case.

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
My predicts...

Dat.

They would really have outdone themselves to put the Cat Bell in Smash. But, that would require major amounts of costume change, which won't happen. :facepalm:

Atleast we have Tanooki 'accessories'. I'm grateful for that.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
This pic is particularly disappointing to me because I dreamed that the Ice Climbers and an awesome new stage were revealed last night. Darn.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry, I'm still bitter than this Final Smash lacks Bad Box Art Mega Man, Captain N Mega Man, and Super Fighting Robot Mega Man.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Despite the fact that just yesterday I explained to someone that Sakurai already confirmed that he wasn't going to do complete character change ALTS in SSB4, I admit that I just about had a mini heart attack because I read the first caption and thought Sakurai was going to confirm that all the Megamans in Megaman's final smash were going to be ALTs. :laugh: I think just about every Megaman fan on the planet would have had a collective stroke if that had been the case.
This is exactly what I started to think, especially after we've had two costume-related pictures this week already. .EXE was the Mega Man in the first game I owned, not just watched, so I'd have definitely used that costume.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This post really opens my eyes to how little I know about Mega Man. I played the NES games a lot; once tried X, didn't care for it.

So are these Mega Men all separate beings that coexist? Are they revisions to the original Mega Man? Do they occupy separate timelines? Help a clueless fellow out, here.

The playable design is my favorite, btw.
This is how I understand the timelines:

Classic Megaman > Megaman X > Megaman Zero > Megaman Legends

Seperate Timeline:

Megaman.Exe > Megaman Star Force

Everything expected the exe and Star Force series take place in the same timeline to varies degrees in the future from the original, while those two are a Alterate Universe situation where Doctor Light became a network reseracher rather then a robotist.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While certainly I don't really consider this new info all that interesting, I would much rather we continue having pictures of new trophies as opposed to the old pure filler we used to get:

To reference a few.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
While certainly I don't really consider this new info all that interesting, I would much rather we continue having pictures of new trophies as opposed to the old pure filler we used to get:

To reference a few.
The top one is not Filler it is announced that Mario and Peach are getting Married :p

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

To reference a few.
I won't call the first two pictures filler. Shipping coming from the director himself is always welcome. :awesome:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Eh. I wish they would have gone with EXE instead of Classic. Or MM Zero, just cause no one ever uses that version of him.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

To reference a few.
As a Peach fan, it's kind of annoying seeing her shipped to all the characters. But I don't care too much.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Okay, so next update... maybe a stage, assist trophy, or mode details. Mayyybe a veteran, but I dunno! Last year Olimar was shown on July 11, right? Maybe history will repeat itself and we'll get a veteran next Friday.

LocktheChest

Smash Cadet
NNID
LocktheChest
This is how I understand the timelines:

Classic Megaman > Megaman X > Megaman Zero > Megaman Legends

Seperate Timeline:

Megaman.Exe > Megaman Star Force

Everything expected the exe and Star Force series take place in the same timeline to varies degrees in the future from the original, while those two are a Alterate Universe situation where Doctor Light became a network reseracher rather then a robotist.
You forgot Megaman ZX, which goes in between Zero and Legends. Like so:
Classic Megaman > Megaman X > Megaman Zero > Megaman ZX > Megaman Legends
Yes it is confusing, I know. But everything else you sad was right.

As for the Pic of the day, I have a feeling we are gonna see either a veteran or a new stage. If a vet, I'll guess it will be Meta Knight or Wario

Last edited:

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
all of these megamans (or megamen) really makes me believe that we'll see alternate pac men or sonics (such as generations or pac land)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not really. I literally scrolled up after I posted the pic and noticed there weren't any pic like what I've posted and several seconds later I noticed you edited your post.

Yeah, you're right.
I didn't read it right. My bad. Congrats.
I didn't even want to be contestant to you, I just wanted to post it and people made a big deal about who posted first and I read my times wrong xD

In any case, soooorrrry mooooooods. I feel bad cause I keep doing annoying things accidentally, and previously being an administrator of a different community, I feel like a huge hypocrite every time I do.

Tomorrow is a Friday so perhaps we'll get an interesting PotD. I'll even accept another picture disconfirming something.

Last edited:

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
So, is anyone expecting a veteran/newcomer today since the "Challenger Approaching" banners are gone on the site?
Whoa, wait they are? Dang you just got me hyped! But I've learned from past experiences that I should never get too hyped because then when a filler appears I'm just crushed. Lol, but there is always a chance! It would be nice surprise to get one, but like we all know Sakurai is unpredictable :awesome:!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well, if there's any day to expect a veteran reveal. It's Friday. I do expect we will get at least one this month so if not this Friday then another this month.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
"Happy Independence Day, American fans! Captain Falcon, Falco, and Jigglypuff will be celebrating their independence today, too. They will not be returning to the series in this installment."

But on a more serious note, a veteran would be cool, but I'm actually 100% okay with a character drought until release or, at least, for another month or so. I'd like to see more information on stages or maybe a picture of Palutena's moves?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I don't expect Sakurai to acknowledge the US holiday, as he didn't do that last year, but I'll hold out hope for a decent update.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Based on previous reveals, the most likely reveal is the character that everyone thinks is getting cut. Lucas is coming tonight, followed by the announcement of Mother 3 on the eShop.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
New Stage please. We have a fair amount of them left to reveal that should be starting stages. Unless of course there is to be a mass reveal of them in a future direct right before launch.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey, I suppose if we were to get a reveal, it would be a veteran.
And in that case, I have no idea who it could possibly be. I can't think of any reason any veteran in particular would be revealed. Just one of them.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
I'd like all of the starting veterans from Melee/Brawl to be revealed before SSB43DS hits Japan.

Which means we'll have to see Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, and Lucas.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I predict we will get a picture of Smash Bros. for either the Wii U or 3DS and that Sakurai will have a caption for it.

Prove me wrong, Sakurai :troll:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, since it's Friday, it would means excitement (not that it means we'll get something exciting though). Let's hype ourselves (maybe for nothing(.

(yeah I needed a context to link a TTYD music but it's so catchy!)

Prediction? Let's be vague: A mario character will be present on the screen.

Not that I want to get a precise prediction but I just want to be original and random. Btw, this only includes the 5 rep that we have now (do you honestly believe that I would predict Paper Mario in potd? Well, I would love that but it will never happen).

D

Deleted member

#FalcoFriday :awesome:

MGS3 came out in the uk eshop some days ago
Has it already done so in Japan?
If not.....we could theoretically get Snake when it does (if Snake is in the game).

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I love friday's! I think tonight PotD will be something awesome! It feels like Sakurai has been stalling all week... and we might see why!!

As @ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous said - if Lucas is revealed tonight, I would totally flip the flip out.

If Ice Climbers are revealed, I would probably die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom