• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Tonight's the last pic of the month but I doubt that means it will be anything special. Regardless, it'll soon be a new month and hopefully the post E3 stalling will finally be over with. After the E3 showing, I doubt there's very many Pokemon or Assist Trophies left and I'm pretty sure nearly all the items have been shown too. I hope this means that the remaining new stages will be more of a focus now.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be interesting if Sakurai acknowledges Sneaky Spirit in a Potd. I'm pretty sure there'll be lots of teasing in that caption.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Bored, that would be it haha.

Oh well, I guess it's to be expected. Personally I think we've had all good weeks ever since E3 though. Better than I was thinking we'd get.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Man E3 is only 2 or so weeks behind us. Are we really this... expecting?
Well the release date is Sept 13 which is approaching fast and we havta see the rest of the starting roster! Which probably includes Wario, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers. Maybe Lucas too, but...
It's pretty much July now so we have 2 and a half months until the game is out in Japan and we see the starting roster for ourselves, no more surprises regarding that left! So...if Sakurai wants to reveal the starters in a way that creates some buzz...times running out! Maybe we'll see a starter at the start of July, August, and then September? (assuming Lucas is gone)
But yeah, I'm expecting a veteran soon. Friday would be good. Maybe Ice Climbers?

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've been bored with this lately too. June was awesome due to E3, but let's leave it behind us and move to a brighter July.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've been bored in general for some time now. It feels like information this time around just isn't as exciting. I can't detect if it's the site format, the general feeling that so many expected heavy hitters might not make it in, or that from day 1 we've had a pretty accurate leak looming over our head.

There's just something this time that has made hype so mundane. To the point I'm more hyped for Hyrule Warriors in September than Smash in October and I say this as someone who has genuinely enjoyed each newcomer reveal in some way and agreed with each.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man E3 is only 2 or so weeks behind us. Are we really this... expecting?
It's the end of the month so we're all just looking forward to July. We figure that because Sakurai stalled for time after the Direct in April and stopped as soon as the month rolled over, he'll probably do the same again with the month of E3 coming to a close.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just kinda want some Palutena info.
Thank you. We've been waiting for a PotD to give us info on her instead of that Home Run Contest one (though I like her still being on that one). She's been so hyped up and yet not much PotD of her or information? I just hope we don't have to wait long.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've been bored in general for some time now. It feels like information this time around just isn't as exciting. I can't detect if it's the site format, the general feeling that so many expected heavy hitters might not make it in, or that from day 1 we've had a pretty accurate leak looming over our head.

There's just something this time that has made hype so mundane. To the point I'm more hyped for Hyrule Warriors in September than Smash in October and I say this as someone who has genuinely enjoyed each newcomer reveal in some way and agreed with each.
I personally blame the Gematsu leak. With the Brawl leak back in October 2007, only a handful of people believed it but most people believe the Gematsu leak now. If it ends up being true, that means that the roster was leaked about 5 months in advance and, considering how most people have been on board with it (especially after E3), that means people had nearly half a year to cycle through whatever feelings (whether excitement or disappointment) they had towards it. In short, if the game has truly been spoiled, there's not much left for many people to get excited about speculation wise anymore unless they're Chrom, Shulk, or Marshall fans.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I personally blame the Gematsu leak. With the Brawl leak back in October 2007, only a handful of people believed it but most people believe the Gematsu leak now. If it ends up being true, that means that the roster was leaked about 5 months in advance and, considering how most people have been on board with it (especially after E3), that means people had nearly half a year to cycle through whatever feelings (whether excitement or disappointment) they had towards it. In short, if the game has truly been spoiled, there's not much left for many people to get excited about speculation wise anymore unless they're Chrom, Shulk, or Marshall fans.
True, but there's always the off chance of at least 2 or 3 more newcomers that the leaker didn't know about. What with the information seeming outdated. That's the only thing that keeps me even remotely hyped, because I feel as if the game needs at least that to feel like a complete ''happy" roster for me.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
True, but there's always the off chance of at least 2 or 3 more newcomers that the leaker didn't know about. What with the information seeming outdated. That's the only thing that keeps me even remotely hyped, because I feel as if the game needs at least that to feel like a complete ''happy" roster for me.
Inb4 Sal Romano gets another email from the leaker.

Anyway, onto the pics. I think a nice Palutena or even Pac-Man pic regarding their moves would be suitable for today, hopefully.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Inb4 Sal Romano gets another email from the leaker.

Anyway, onto the pics. I think a nice Palutena or even Pac-Man pic regarding their moves would be suitable for today, hopefully.
If the Final Email is Ridley, K. Rool, and Solid Snake, I swear to God I will give the website Gematsu all of my money however possible.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
So uh, are the people in Japan going to be fast getting the info out when they get the game September? (Unlocking all characters in about 24 hours?)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So uh, are the people in Japan going to be fast getting the info out when they get the game September? (Unlocking all characters in about 24 hours?)
I recall it all happening in one night for Brawl. And everyone ****ting bricks when R.O.B. showed up in Subspace.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Sakurai my ***** it was my 22nd bday on Saturday and **** announced Falco or Krystal for me this morning just as a late bday present, you feel me?

I got turnt the **** up this weekend got my new spiffy GCN controller from amazon for $35 bucks ayyyyyyyy I'm too stoked. Let's go FALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(Nothing to do with dat leak I'm just turnt up and want my fav veteran back ayyyyy lmao)

P.S. I'm a lil drunk as if you ain't noticed. Had a good weekend my Smash brothers ayyy lol

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel this way too but I feel it will be DLC characters and that most people will either be disappointed by the DLC choices or how they play out (I think most will be semiclones). For me, a lot of my hype has gone down because, even without the Gematsu leak, it's pretty much been confirmed that all my favorite Brawl characters have survived (:4dedede::4fox::4myfriends::4mario::4pit::popo::ness2::wario:) and that I'm getting two of my top three of my SSB4 Wishlist (:4littlemac::4megaman:). Nowadays, I'm pretty much just waiting for more stage confirmations because I've largely close shop for characters I supported that weren't in the Gematsu leak.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I wonder which infinite of falco was better, his spinny tornado thing or his series of kicks..well either way (or if we see a new combo tech.) it will look fabulous in hd.

Question..have chaingrabs been ruled out in Smash 4? People say the grab knockback is too high for their to be any. (Loved chain grabbing as falco in brawl)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The picture hasn't come yet?!

SAKURAAAAAAAAAIII--

Status
Not open for further replies.